The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins awarded three compensatory picks

5 posters

Go down

Dolphins awarded three compensatory picks Empty Dolphins awarded three compensatory picks

Post by white1 Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:07 am

A 3rd and 2 fifths. Better than I had hoped for. The FA gamble from last season paid off.

We're back to 7 picks this April.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article134794889.html
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Dolphins awarded three compensatory picks Empty Re: Dolphins awarded three compensatory picks

Post by JMP Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:14 am

white1 wrote:A 3rd and 2 fifths.  Better than I had hoped for.  The FA gamble from last season paid off.

We're back to 7 picks this April.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article134794889.html

I wouldn't say it paid off just yet...it's essentially a 4th and two 6ths. Always great to get more picks, but it's not like these are prime selections. We'll have to see what Tannenbaum trades them for before we know what kind of impact they'll have. My guess is we'll end up with just 4 or 5 picks, at most, after Tannenbaum does his thing.

And - if you think about the FA gamble - we let Vernon walk last year and we're still looking to fill his position. Typical Dolphins - keep creating holes that you can't fill.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins awarded three compensatory picks Empty Re: Dolphins awarded three compensatory picks

Post by white1 Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:19 am

Good points. I guess I was referring to the calculated manner we approached FA last year. All along we heard the goal was to get compensatory picks. We wound up getting more than most people thought - conventional wisdom was probably a 3rd and a 5/6.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:24 am

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:32 am

white1 wrote:Good points.  I guess I was referring to the calculated manner we approached FA last year.  All along we heard the goal was to get compensatory picks.  We wound up getting more than most people thought - conventional wisdom was probably a 3rd and a 5/6.

I just think the "must get comp picks at all cost" philosophy that Tannenbaum employed last season is silly. Yes, these picks are now tradeable - but they're not exactly high commodities. They are later picks that give us some flexibility in the draft, which is nice, but at the end of the day I don't think other teams will be scrambling to get our late 5th round picks. All these picks are, IMO, are picks that Tannenbaum is going to trade away and leave us with even fewer picks.

Honestly, I'd feel a lot better about the comp picks if we hadn't made that stupid trade for Carroo. We'd now be looking at 9 picks in the upcoming draft, which would help to lessen the blow when Tannenbaum starts dumping picks left and right.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:35 am

Honestly, I'd feel a lot better about the comp picks if we hadn't made that stupid trade for Carroo. We'd now be looking at 9 picks in the upcoming draft, which would help to lessen the blow when Tannenbaum starts dumping picks left and right.

I agree on that.

Carroo is going to have to turn into a superstar to justify that move. As of right now, looks like a total flub.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Did this site just make the Fins look like a smart team?????? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

To be honest this is a smart move so that you can compensate for the losses that a team accumulates but if you don't know what to do with them then that is the problem for Miami this is one of the main issue that we fans are seeing. Tannebaum will most likely give these picks away for sorry players that he will justify later.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:28 pm

rightchea wrote:

Did this site just make the Fins look like a smart team?????? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

To be honest this is a smart move so that you can compensate for the losses that a team accumulates but if you don't know what to do with them then that is the problem for Miami this is one of the main issue that we fans are seeing. Tannebaum will most likely give these picks away for sorry players that he will justify later.

Don't act like Tannebaum has been here for 10 years. We're still paying for Jeff Ireland's catastrophic season of 2013. There's only so much the current regime can do given the shit roster they inherited and I for one don't think they've done that bad of a job. I'm obviously not singling out you but it's prevelant on this board and it gets old.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Birdmond wrote:

Don't act like Tannebaum has been here for 10 years.  We're still paying for Jeff Ireland's catastrophic season of 2013.   There's only so much the current regime can do given the shit roster they inherited and I for one  don't think they've done that bad of a job.  I'm obviously not singling out you but it's prevelant on this board and it gets old.  

As much as I'm not so sure Tannenbaum has learned his lessons from the past, this is a true statement. Ireland did much more damage than a lot of people really know.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Degarmo wrote:
Birdmond wrote:

Don't act like Tannebaum has been here for 10 years.  We're still paying for Jeff Ireland's catastrophic season of 2013.   There's only so much the current regime can do given the shit roster they inherited and I for one  don't think they've done that bad of a job.  I'm obviously not singling out you but it's prevelant on this board and it gets old.  

As much as I'm not so sure Tannenbaum has learned his lessons from the past, this is a true statement. Ireland did much more damage than a lot of people really know.

I get sick thinking about 2013. "I got money and picks"

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:25 pm

There's no doubt Fireland sucked - that's not an issue. But Tannenbaum completely destroyed the Jets and then was out of football entirely for a couple of years - no one wanted any part of him. The Dolphins literally picked him off the street. 10-6 last season was nice, but it's what he does moving forward that counts. I, for one, have little faith in his ability to build a long-term winning team. I just don't think he values the draft and I think that will be his downfall, as it was with the Jets. Say what you will about Fireland, but the best players on this team (minus Suh) were all brought in by him. That doesn't justify his years of suckitude, but the fact is Tannebaum is reaping the benefits of Fireland's players.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down