The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins Signing QB David Fales

+6
Birdmond
mercury22nathan
JMP
DolFan 316
Umix10
rightchea
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dolphins Signing QB David Fales Empty Dolphins Signing QB David Fales

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Nate Bouda wrote:James Walker of ESPN is reporting that the Dolphins have agreed to terms with QB David Fales on Wednesday.
Fales previously worked with Dolphins HC Adam Gase while they were together in Chicago a few years ago.

http://nfltraderumors.co/dolphins-signing-qb-david-fales/

Will Fales give Moore competition

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Dolphins Signing QB David Fales Empty Re: Dolphins Signing QB David Fales

Post by Umix10 Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Worthless move
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Meh and feh, with a little bit of bleh mixed in.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Umix10 wrote:Worthless move

Yep. Small QB with no arm and zero accuracy. Sounds like a good dude who loves football and studies the game...but he's just not a good QB. Maybe he'll be a coach someday. I'd rather have a legit prospect that we could maybe develop, but Gase likes this kid so he'll probably get handed the #3 job with no competition.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Might be Gase's next assistant coach in the next couple of years

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:58 pm

We won't know if Tannehill can be pushed if we consistently put garbage around him.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:49 pm

this signing has nothing to do with Moore or Tannehill - those guys are entrenched. this is about competition for Doughty.

The Dolphins want competition for Brandon Doughty.

And they didn’t wait until the draft to bring some in.

David Fales, who spent 2015 with Adam Gase and the Bears, will push Doughty for the No. 3 quarterback spot (if the Dolphins even carry three) during training camp. He agreed to terms with the Dolphins Wednesday.

Fales is a former sixth-round pick by Chicago and has already had two stints with the Bears. The San Jose State product was the most accurate passer in FBS in 2012.

His lone NFL action came on New Years Day 2017, completing 2 of 5 passes for 22 yards.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article142896654.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Dolphins normally have several arms in camp. Non issue.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:14 pm

From what I remember when I looked at Fales in the draft, his completion percentage was high becuase he mostly threw short, safe passes. He doesn't have the arm strength to throw deep outs and his accuracy decreases greatly on downfield passes. Should be a camp body, but Gase will probably just make him the #3 by default.

It would be great to bring in some NFL-caliber QBs to develop, but that hasn't happened on the Phins since Scott Mitchell.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:59 pm

JMP wrote:From what I remember when I looked at Fales in the draft, his completion percentage was high becuase he mostly threw short, safe passes. He doesn't have the arm strength to throw deep outs and his accuracy decreases greatly on downfield passes. Should be a camp body, but Gase will probably just make him the #3 by default.

It would be great to bring in some NFL-caliber QBs to develop, but that hasn't happened on the Phins since Scott Mitchell.

Don't be surprised if one of the 5th round picks is a QB.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Birdmond wrote:
Don't be surprised if one of the 5th round picks is a QB.  

I'll be very surprised. We already have 4 QBs, and Gase loves at least 3 of them if not all 4. Really no room for another QB now that Fales was signed. Not at all how I would handle the position, but it is what it is.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:12 am

If Brad Kaaya falls to day 3, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him in say the 4th or 5th round. Not the biggest Kaaya fan, but I think he has more upside than Doughty or Fales. I still say he should have stayed one more year to work on his game, but I guess he thinks otherwise.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:37 am

scotgif wrote:If Brad Kaaya falls to day 3, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him in say the 4th or 5th round. Not the biggest Kaaya fan, but I think he has more upside than Doughty or Fales. I still say he should have stayed one more year to work on his game, but I guess he thinks otherwise.

The Dolphins have spent considerable time with Kaaya. That's my 5th round prediction.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:24 am

Kaaya would be a good fit for Dallas - a team that has a dominant OL. He's great when he can stand in the pocket all day, but the second he feels pressure he becomes a hot mess. He definitely should have stayed at UM another year. Personally, I wouldn't touch him. I think he's much too robotic and I don't trust players that turn to shit at the first sign of adversity.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:39 am

JMP wrote:Kaaya would be a good fit for Dallas - a team that has a dominant OL. He's great when he can stand in the pocket all day, but the second he feels pressure he becomes a hot mess. He definitely should have stayed at UM another year. Personally, I wouldn't touch him. I think he's much too robotic and I don't trust players that turn to shit at the first sign of adversity.

Yeah that's the same reason I was against Brady Quinn. But I do like the idea of drafting a QB in the 5th.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:22 am

Birdmond wrote:
JMP wrote:Kaaya would be a good fit for Dallas - a team that has a dominant OL.  He's great when he can stand in the pocket all day, but the second he feels pressure he becomes a hot mess.  He definitely should have stayed at UM another year.  Personally, I wouldn't touch him.  I think he's much too robotic and I don't trust players that turn to shit at the first sign of adversity.

Yeah that's the same reason I was against Brady Quinn.  But I do like the idea of drafting a QB in the 5th.  

Yep, I'd love to draft a QB this year. While it's not a strong QB class, I do see a couple of later-round prospects that could at least develop into quality #2s down the road (Dobbs, as an example...although he may go higher than expected). But, I just don't think the Phins will use a pick on a QB.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:29 pm

If we're going to pick a UM product in the fifth, I'd rather have Corn Elder.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:29 pm

HalCHorn wrote:If we're going to pick a UM product in the fifth, I'd rather have Corn Elder.

I'm willing to bet you'll get no Corn in the 5th round. 3rd maybe.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:32 pm

Corn Elder is a 2nd round talent, maybe higher, but he's got the current value that Bird states.

I took the kid from California in my mock in the later rounds.  I like him.

I like Kaaya (can I buy a vowel?) as well, and he has a jump start by knowing a more pro-style offensive scheme.

Last edited by Degarmo on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:33 pm

By the way, there's no way a kid named "Fales" is going to succeed. The verbal die has been cast. Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:18 pm

Degarmo wrote:By the way, there's no way a kid named "Fales" is going to succeed. The verbal die has been cast. Wink

Nice.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Corn Elder would be nice, but yeah, doubt he gets out of the 3rd.

Don't get me wrong on Kaaya...I actually do like a lot about him. It's just that he gets that deer in the headlights look whenever someone gets in his face, and I'm not sure that's something that can be unlearned. He's going to look like a superstar everyday in practice and some team(s) will no doubt fall in love with his workouts...I just think he gets rattled far too easily and it completely throws off his game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:11 am

JMP wrote:Corn Elder would be nice, but yeah, doubt he gets out of the 3rd.

Don't get me wrong on Kaaya...I actually do like a lot about him.  It's just that he gets that deer in the headlights look whenever someone gets in his face, and I'm not sure that's something that can be unlearned.  He's going to look like a superstar everyday in practice and some team(s) will no doubt fall in love with his workouts...I just think he gets rattled far too easily and it completely throws off his game.  

I'll give you my biggest issue with Kaaya, if I'm playing Devil's advocate.

I believe he's had one good "big" game where he played the entire game well, and that was the very last game he played. He disappeared in MANY second halves in his career. I'm not sure he's got the "clutch gene".

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:50 am

I know I'm in the minority here but if I'm gambling I'm going with Chad Kelly. If he grows up he's the best QB in this draft and it's not close. So why not gamble with a 5th?

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:53 am

Birdmond wrote:I know I'm in the minority here but if I'm gambling I'm going with Chad Kelly.   If he grows up he's the best QB in this draft and it's not close.   So why not gamble with a 5th?

I could be on board with that. If the light goes on and he gets his head right, he could be a star. If not, we dump him and it's not a big loss. I wouldn't do that for any position - but at QB it's worth the gamble IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next