The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richard Sherman trade talk. Should Miami move on this before Pats

+3
Birdmond
JMP
rightchea
7 posters

Go down

Richard Sherman trade talk. Should Miami move on this before Pats Empty Richard Sherman trade talk. Should Miami move on this before Pats

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Kevin Nogle wrote:The Seattle Seahawks are contemplating trading All Pro cornerback Richard Sherman. The Miami Dolphins would like to add at least one top-tier cornerback this year, bolstering a unit that was riddled with injuries last season. Is this a perfect match?
Now, to be fair, the Seahawks do not seem to be desperate to trade Sherman, but they are not eliminating the idea either. This seems to be a New England Patriots-type move for the Seahawks, where they are looking at an expensive player ($13.6M this year) who is nearing the end of his contract (through 2018) who will be 30 when his contract expires. Could they get something - and something substantial - in return for Sherman?
If the Seahawks trade Sherman, they will pick up $4.4 million in dead money, but they will get back about $9 million in space this year. A team adding Sherman would be paying him about $11.2 million per season over the next two years.
As of Thursday morning, the Dolphins have $20.4 million in cap space for 2017, according to the NFL Players Association.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/4/6/15205060/richard-sherman-trade-seattle-seawhaks-rumors-miami-dolphins-possible-trade-speculation

Saw some reports that Miami might be looking into this but at the same time so is the Patsy. Should Miami make a move for and get Maxwell and Sherman on the same team or try their luck within the draft.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Richard Sherman trade talk. Should Miami move on this before Pats Empty Re: Richard Sherman trade talk. Should Miami move on this before Pats

Post by JMP Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:43 pm

IMO, Sherman is not going anywhere. I also think Butler will stay in New England.

I would not be opposed to adding Sherman at all, and it's the type of splash move that Ross and Tannenbaum love - but the best thing the Dolphins can do is build through the draft.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Richard Sherman trade talk. Should Miami move on this before Pats Empty Re: Richard Sherman trade talk. Should Miami move on this before Pats

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:10 pm

If it could be done without draft picks I'd have no problem with the move.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:21 pm

Bringing this thread back from the dead...

Word on the street is that the Seahawks are going to cut Richard Sherman this week. Considering that he's a big name that is currently recovering from a major Achilles injury, will cost a lot of money and plays a position we don't really need, I fully expect the Dolphins to back up the Brinks truck for him. Tannenbaum is drooling right now...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:49 am

I would have to decline on the Sherman move. Miami needs to build through the draft. With Sherman’s resume, he’ll command at least 9 mil a year. As it stands now, Miami is over the cap. Sherman is coming of Achilles problems and just turned 30. We have a good young nucleus of players that i would roll with now. Lippett is back, Tankersley showed some things and so did Howard. McCain is very capable in the nickel. I wouldn’t mind all that much if Chancellor were to come but again. The dolphins need to build through the draft. We aren’t a player or two away from getting to that AFC east title. Strip it down and build it up.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:05 am

Agree we should pass here.

Our problems on defense are primarily at LB. Trading for Quinn goes a ways to addressing our needs at end, especially considering the age Wake is reaching.

I would take that trade for Ogletree, however his contract probably would have busted our cap big time.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:01 am

white1 wrote:Agree we should pass here.

Our problems on defense are primarily at LB.  Trading for Quinn goes a ways to addressing our needs at end, especially considering the age Wake is reaching.

I would take that trade for Ogletree, however his contract probably would have busted our cap big time.

Oh, we should definitely pass on Sherman. But this has Tannenbaum written all over it.

I'm not sure Quinn upgrades the DE position if we do cut Wake...seems more like an even switch at best. And Ogletree's contract is actually less than Quinn's.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:15 pm

I would have to decline on the Sherman move. Miami needs to build through the draft. With Sherman’s resume, he’ll command at least 9 mil a year. As it stands now, Miami is over the cap. Sherman is coming of Achilles problems and just turned 30. We have a good young nucleus of players that i would roll with now. Lippett is back, Tankersley showed some things and so did Howard. McCain is very capable in the nickel. I wouldn’t mind all that much if Chancellor were to come but again. The dolphins need to build through the draft. We aren’t a player or two away from getting to that AFC east title. Strip it down and build it up.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:40 pm

I have to agree with umix. Sherman isn't worth the cost or injury history. Miami will trade away Landry to save money plus get rid of Timmons and restructure Suh contract hopefully

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:55 pm

rightchea wrote:I have to agree with umix. Sherman isn't worth the cost or injury history. Miami will trade away Landry to save money plus get rid of Timmons and restructure Suh contract hopefully

They better not touch that Suh contract! No more restructuring!! Right now we can get out of it easily after the 2019 season...no reason to stretch it out even longer with a restructure.

But I agree - no Sherman. No more expensive, injured players!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Hell, I bet we give Sherman that $16 million per year that just got cleared off the books.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:42 am

I'd offer him Suh's $26 million after we release him. Then Sherman can come in, play 4 games, get injured, and retire.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:57 am

With Sherman being a FA he gonna want more than just $16 million

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:35 pm

I'll say this for him, he is a good leader, and although at times can be mouthy, he does get guys to rally.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:01 pm

not what Gase is looking for. he looking for yes men not leaders

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:57 pm

rightchea wrote:not what Gase is looking for. he looking for yes men not leaders

I could not possibly agree with you more, man.

I'd go even further. He's just looking for quiet guys. I don't think he cares if they are vocal yes men, just, "Shhhh, don't make me be a head coach. I don't have the balls for that."

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Here the issue. Gase get a bunch of yes men but at the same time is looking for leaders when times get tough aka when the team is losing.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:52 am

Leaders or patsies?

Last edited by Degarmo on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Sherman signed with the 49ers.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:51 pm

he from that area so I not surprised

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down