The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fins vs Pats comparison

+2
white1
rightchea
6 posters

Go down

The Fins vs Pats comparison Empty The Fins vs Pats comparison

Post by rightchea Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Mason Hicks wrote:This is the only position group that the Patriots have an obvious leg up on the Dolphins, but it is a very important position. Tom Brady is a better player than Ryan Tannehill. Tom Brady is a better player than just about anybody to ever put on a helmet and pads.
Tom Brady simply has figured it out. He knows how to manipulate each and every defense, allowing him to essentially do as he pleases when on the field. It is very difficult to completely stop Tom Brady. Ryan Tannehill may have better mobility, but Brady’s pocket presence paired with his football IQ make him an unbeatable talent.

http://phinphanatic.com/2017/06/14/miami-dolphins-new-england-patriots-breakdown/

The Pats are like the Fins big brother you fight with everyday but can never beat him.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

The Fins vs Pats comparison Empty Re: The Fins vs Pats comparison

Post by white1 Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:11 pm

I blame the Seahawks and Falcons for that narrative. I don't have to explain why.

Giants did their part.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:34 pm

white1 wrote:I blame the Seahawks and Falcons for that narrative. I don't have to explain why.

Giants did their part.

I was literally just thinking the other day about how depressing, demoralizing, disheartening, and downright disgusting it is that the Pats have won TWO titles SOLELY because one team's OC decided to call a pass from the one and another team blew a 25-point lead Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Two plays away from being 3-5 in Super Bowls this century--and that doesn't even count John kasay handing them another by kicking off OUT OF BOUNDS somehow after the Panthers had come from 21-10 down in the 4th to tie!!! Or the Rams ALLOWING them to drive to the winning FG after coming back from 10 down in the 4th to tie!!! Somehow when the Pats blow multiscore 4th quarter SB leads they win anyway but when the other team does it...

GAG!!! BARF!!! RETCH!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:53 am

Yeah exactly. Oh, and where was this "football genius IQ unbeatable QB" when we curbed stomp them under the interim leadership of Dan Campbell?

And don't tell me that game didn't mean anything, it cost them home field advantage in the playoffs. Also, Brady took a beating which is definitely something they wanted to avoid. They straight up got complacent, and we beat their ass.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:41 am

Fins vs. Pats comparison?

We've won the East once since Brady arrived (the year Brady was out).

There's no comparison at all.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:13 am

Yeah, and they find any way to cheat along the way to make sure the odds are stacked for them.

Eff them. I don't respect them and never will, totally a tainted dynasty. And a very lucky one.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:47 am

I'm just glad to see people posting again Very Happy cheers

I'll also say that I lean towards White1's opinion on this. I actually have more respect for the 90s Bills who reached four straight Super Bowls. Just like with every other so-called "winner" in today's world, the Pats' success is a mixture of them cheating like crazy and other people failing to a spectacular degree. It's beyond absurd and it needs to stop right the fuck now as far as I'm concerned. I don't even care if that makes me seem like a "jealous hater" because it's the plain and simple truth.

But it's great to see you again nonetheless, Degarmo Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:55 am

Given DF's response I'll just pile on even more.

Their fan base is all made up of come-lately band wagon fans who never suffered through the awful years, and haven't earned the right to call themselves a fan of this so called "dynasty". How do I know this? Every fan I have met meets this description. The old die hards are in the minority - by far - because I haven't met one yet.

Dolphins fans are the true fan base these days. Anyone who has been able to hang on through the roller coaster of the last 30 years deserves a medal. And we will have our day. Oh we will have our day.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:02 pm

white1 wrote:Given DF's response I'll just pile on even more.

Their fan base is all made up of come-lately band wagon fans who never suffered through the awful years, and haven't earned the right to call themselves a fan of this so called "dynasty".  How do I know this? Every fan I have met meets this description.  The old die hards are in the minority - by far - because I haven't met one yet.

But the sad part is, the Pats have now been on top for 16 years. That's pretty much an entire lifetime for at least a quarter of their fan base I figure. If someone was 5 when they won their first SB, that person is 21 now.

I feel like telling this story, so I will. The dad of a guy I went to high school with owned a bank. Bought him his own '65 Mustang, with the vanity plate 'MYWOWN65' on the back. What car did you guys drive in high school? Instead of working in the retail or fast food industries like every other teen, this guy worked at daddy's bank during the summer.

So this dude was a complete jerkass, right? Actually, no. Not even close. And he was a Cowboys fan. In '89. When they were 1-15. Yes, he actually admitted this. So I had to give him props for that alone, because how many other 16-year olds in '89 do you think claimed to be Cowboys fans? Maybe 100 in all of America would be my guess.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Just to be clear, fuck the Patriots.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Basically, any comparison of the two teams is meaningless...because there is no comparison. The Patriots are elite, the Dolphins are barely mediocre. Yeah, it sucks - but that's the way it's been and it's the way it still is.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:45 pm

I have to agree but it wad something so I posted

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:55 am

rightchea wrote:I have to agree but it wad something so I posted

Yep, it's definitely worth posting. It's just funny how we read these same types of articles every year about how the Phins are closing the gap and they're right there with the Patriots...and then reality sets in and we all realize that the Phins and Pats might as well be in different galaxies for how "close" they actually are to each other.

I look at two main things, both involving the Dolphin defense: first, can they apply immediate pressure to Brady on passing downs to disrupt his rhythm, and two, can the Dolphins' LBs and DBs cover the Pats' RBs, WRs and TEs. To me, the answer is CLEARLY "NO WAY IN HELL" to both questions. And as long as that's the case, the Patriot offense will continue to steamroll the Dolphin defense.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:38 pm

These two teams are not close IMO.

Until Belicheck hangs it up, they ain't gonna be close either.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:00 am

Belicheck is a good coach for sure, but I think Brady is more of the lynch pin. And I don't believe the Garopolo hype. It won't be the same without Brady. I can feel it.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:26 pm

Jimmy G is going to be a real good QB IMO. Not Brady-level, but still enough to keep the Pats elite IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down