Ted Larsen - Torn Bicep

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ted Larsen - Torn Bicep

Post by white1 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Well, there goes our LG...

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/893210199980474370

On the plus side, this is Asiata natural position. Apparently they were training him at RG, maybe that changes now...

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ted Larsen - Torn Bicep

Post by DolFan 316 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:01 pm

And the (s)hits just keep on coming...

Are there any other teams whose players are dropping like flies in camp or just this one? Remind me to never hire anybody from the Fins as a personal trainer Shocked

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Chargers have had very bad luck. Top two draft picks are down.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:12 pm

I guess this is as good a time as any to point out that men today are literally less manly than ever. They don't have as much testosterone in them as their fathers, who don't have as much as *their* fathers did either.

I actually did a quick Google search on this the other day to try and find out why this is, and...nobody knows. Lots of speculation, but even most of that didn't make any sense.

What I do know is that those running society have been actively trying to make everyone androgynous for decades now, and IMO they're the ones responsible for this generational loss of testosterone. I just don't know how they're accomplishing this. Yet. But this recent fad of seeing gender existence as offensive is not a coincidence. It's been by design all along.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Larsen is a mediocre player IMO, but this would still be a huge loss to a line that's already being held together with spit and a prayer. Best move may be to put Urbik at LG and Steen at C. I don't really like Steen, but I don't think Asiata is ready for a starting role.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Like I said before the draft, they should have just went with all OL and DL. Get all crazy and fix something.

Granted you need to make good picks, so there's that.

Dolphins' medical staff say of Larsen's biceps, "We've examined his legs and looked at X-rays of his cat, and we're baffled as to what's wrong. We're listing him day to day."
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:18 pm

Degarmo wrote:Dolphins' medical staff say of Larsen's biceps, "We've examined his legs and looked at X-rays of his cat, and we're baffled as to what's wrong.  We're listing him day to day."

I would Laughing except that with this bunch there's a real chance that actually happened.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:27 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Dolphins' medical staff say of Larsen's biceps, "We've examined his legs and looked at X-rays of his cat, and we're baffled as to what's wrong.  We're listing him day to day."

I would  Laughing except that with this bunch there's a real chance that actually happened.

For sure the cat thing
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:00 am

Hopefully, the rookie Asiata can step up and hold down the starting spot. Just something about this guy I like. I guess it's been a while since we had a Samoan on the team. Seems like we always used to bring in a couple each year.
scotgif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:13 am

He should be a run mauler, but his pass pro may be at a level that would be far too dangerous for our QB. Needs time.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:48 am

I don't expect much from Asiata this season. Hopefully he can develop into something in the future, but I just don't think he's ready.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 am

Larsen is out for the season, according to QAM.

Depth on this OL was paper-thin to begin with. Just wait till Pouncey gets hurt again.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:27 pm

We're really going to need a scrambling QB. This OL and the price tag puts Cutler right out of the running, and that's actually great.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:09 am

JMP wrote:Larsen is out for the season, according to QAM.

perhaps not.

Projected starting left guard Ted Larsen, who sustained a torn biceps in Thursday’s practice, is expected to play at some point this season, coach Adam Gase said Saturday after the team’s scrimmage at Hard Rock Stadium.

“There’s a really high probability he’ll play this year,” Gase said. “Normally, it would have been an injury where he would be done for the year. But with the way the rules are built, we should have a chance to get him back.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article165670567.html

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:10 am

Good news if he can provide depth later in the season.

The coaches were praising him last week right before the injury, at least it sounds to me we have found a good guard going into 2018 on the left side.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top