The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first pre season game

+4
JMP
DolFan 316
white1
rightchea
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

first pre season game  - Page 2 Empty Re: first pre season game

Post by finskev Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:53 pm

So Lacey takes out McMillan on Punt coverage to improve his chances of making team. Hmm, Lol

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:09 pm

finskev wrote:So Lacey takes out McMillan on Punt coverage to improve his chances of making team. Hmm, Lol

Whatever it takes! LOL

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Agree on your points JMP.

Let's remember that Atlanta is an elite offense (ranked #1 in the league last year), and they are also excellent with running the ball. Well, when they decide to use it (see Superbowl half #2).

I was heartened that we actually stuffed the 3rd and 1 attempt against Atlanta's starting offense - and that was Godchaux making the stop.

Never mind the 4th down swing pass to Freeman. Stopping that play would take real game planning and preparation, none of which is typically done in the preseason. Not at real season levels, ever.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:07 pm

white1 wrote:Agree on your points JMP.

Let's remember that Atlanta is an elite offense (ranked #1 in the league last year), and they are also excellent with running the ball.  Well, when they decide to use it (see Superbowl half #2).

I was heartened that we actually stuffed the 3rd and 1 attempt against Atlanta's starting offense - and that was Godchaux making the stop.

Never mind the 4th down swing pass to Freeman.  Stopping that play would take real game planning and preparation, none of which is typically done in the preseason.  Not at real season levels, ever.

Yeah, it was just very bland playcalling from both teams - as expected. I think the Phins played it even more close to the vest than usual due to all the injuries and new players being shuffled around. I'll be much more interested in the next game, with Cutler and (hopefully) more of the starting OL in place.

For what it's worth, that play by Godchaux that you mentioned was great - but I also noticed Godchaux get easily moved out of the way on a big run up the gut later in the 2nd quarter (I think that's when it was). Again, as expected - rookie growing pains.

And - the 99 1/2 yard TD was awesome! But...Fales and Stringfellow have little or no chance of making the team. Still, it was an exciting moment in an otherwise boring game.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2