The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Dolphins' Jarvis Landry working out with Chris Chambers

5 posters

Go down

Miami Dolphins' Jarvis Landry working out with Chris Chambers  Empty Miami Dolphins' Jarvis Landry working out with Chris Chambers

Post by rightchea Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 am

Fox Sports wrote:The Miami Dolphins are hoping to reach the playoffs for the first time since 2008 and second year receiver Jarvis Landry is expected to be a key part of it. After a successful rookie season in which he caught 84 passes for 758 yards and five touchdowns, he is expected to be the No. 1 receiver in a retooled wide receiving corps in 2015.

To prevent a sophomore slump, Landry is working with one of the best Dolphin wideouts of all-time in Chris Chambers. Chambers caught 405 passes for 5,688 yards and 43 touchdowns during his seven years in Miami.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/miami-dolphins-jarvis-landry-working-out-with-chris-chambers-070515

This tells me that he is serious and wants to be the best WR Miami has.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins' Jarvis Landry working out with Chris Chambers  Empty Re: Miami Dolphins' Jarvis Landry working out with Chris Chambers

Post by JMP Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:24 am

I hope the Phins give Landry more opportunities downfield. I want to see what he can do when he's not catching passes behind the line of scrimmage, trying to fight through half the defense to gain 3 yards. I know he's worked some as an outside receiver this offseason, and I hope he gets more looks there...I think he's better suited to play outside than in the slot.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins' Jarvis Landry working out with Chris Chambers  Empty Re: Miami Dolphins' Jarvis Landry working out with Chris Chambers

Post by Degarmo Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:14 pm

He made some great sideline grabs in college.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:16 am

One thing that's cool about this new group of WR's is they can line up anywhere on the field. So I don't think anyone will be labeled in the offense and to Philbin's credit, that's what he's wanted all along. Hairline and Wallace kind of kept that from happening.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:09 am

Birdmond wrote:One thing that's cool about this new group of WR's is they can line up anywhere on the field.   So I don't think anyone will be labeled in the offense and to Philbin's credit, that's what he's wanted all along.   Hairline and Wallace kind of kept that from happening.  

I've heard that since day one of the Philbin era, and have yet to see it happen in a real game.

The Philbin staff has never moved receivers, and it's not because the receivers couldn't do it. Landry played outside in college, Wallace played inside and both outside spots with the Steelers, Hartline played both outisde spots with the Phins pre-Philbin and played some inside at OSU, Gisbon played outside for the Rams and inside for the Phins, etc. The fact that no one changed positions with the Phins is entirely on the coaches...we absolutely had versatile receivers, the coaches just chose to use them in one-dimensional roles. Will this season be different? I'll believe it when I see it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:34 am

I have to agree with JMP but at the same time Mike Wallace one trick pony days in Miami is over and the fact that Parker, Landry and Jennings have played everywhere when they line up as WR make more sense now then ever. Still will probably still be an outside guy but lined up on different sides of the ball. Parker and Landry can both play the slot and so can Jennings.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:50 am

Hartline and Wallace are both way too soft for Lazor's offense. In OTA's WR's did exactly what I'm reffering to. So it's happening.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Birdmond wrote:Hartline and Wallace are both way too soft for Lazor's offense.  In OTA's WR's did exactly what I'm reffering to.  So it's happening.  

Hartline and Wallace aren't soft...Lazor just had no idea how to use either one of them. Funny how Hartline was the team's best receiver before Lazor, and Wallace had no problem with deep passes in Pittsburgh. Wallace completely changed his game last season, and still scored the most TDs of his career. I know it's cool to hate on him now, but he played his ass off last year on a team with a clueless OC and a mediocre QB that needs everything to be absolutely perfect just to make a play. I think Wallace is going to be missed big-time in this offense.

Seems like every year I read about receivers moving around in OTAs...and then I never see it in pre or regular season. We'll see if this season is different!

And what about the mythical "quick-tempo" offense Philbin promised to bring to Miami? How many years before that gets implemented???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:18 pm

Jmp preachin' it as usual Very Happy cheers

What's sad to me is Chambers actually being one of the best Dolphin wideouts of all time. We're talking about perhaps the #1 all-time WR laughingstock of football analytics sites because of his absurdly low targets to catch ratio, and yet he's unquestionably the best drafted WR the Fins have been able to come up with in this century!

(Starts sobbing.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:22 am

You guys crack me up. Hartline and Wallace are both pussies and it is known through out the NFL. When either went across the middle you could see the pee stains on their pants. That's probably why Hartline fell down so much. He slipped on his own urine.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:15 am

Birdmond wrote:You guys crack me up.  Hartline and Wallace are both pussies and it is known through out the NFL. When either went across the middle you could see the pee stains on their pants.   That's probably why Hartline fell down so much.  He slipped on his own urine.  

I'm not the biggest Hartline fan, as you all know, but the guy has skills in certain areas: he's great at comeback routes and sideline passes...which also happen to be Tannehill's best throws. Yet when Lazor came on board, he all but removed those plays from the playbook and reduced Tannehill's favorite receiver to nothing. Make sense? Not to me.

As for Wallace, he's plenty tough - just look at his career stats. You don't get numbers like that by being a pussy. He's arguably the best deep receiver in the game, yet Lazor tried to turn him into a possession receiver because of Tannehill's limitations. And even though Wallace isn't suited to that role, he still had a great season.

But, it is what it is. When you have a limited QB, sometimes receivers suffer and get blamed for his failings. We'll see if the results are any different with all the new skill players that were brought in specifically to work in the Lazor/Tannehill 20-yard passing box.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:11 am

Birdmond, you have managed to renew my faith in humanity by doing the impossible--getting Jmp to actually defend Hartline Shocked Shocked Shocked Actually that's two impossible things Wink

If you can pull off a feat of that colossal magnitude, than mundane stuff like finding a cure for cancer and AIDs, eliminating world hunger, and ending crime and political corruption should be child's play. You, sir, are truly an inspiration to us all. And I'm not just saying that.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:11 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Birdmond, you have managed to renew my faith in humanity by doing the impossible--getting Jmp to actually defend Hartline Shocked Shocked Shocked Actually that's two impossible things Wink

If you can pull off a feat of that colossal magnitude, than mundane stuff like finding a cure for cancer and AIDs, eliminating world hunger, and ending crime and political corruption should be child's play. You, sir, are truly an inspiration to us all. And I'm not just saying that.

lol! That's hilarious!

But think about it...you let Hartline start all 16 games, but pretty much remove the only two plays he's good at from the playbook? How does that make any sense? If the guy is on the team and you're going to keep him on the field all game every game, wouldn't it make sense to use him in a way that maximizes his talent? If you're going to take away the only things he's good at, why put him on the field at all? With all the oddball, head-scratching things Lazor did last year (and there were a lot), the way he used Hartline may have been the strangest...right up there with the seemingly-endless passes to Landry behind the line of scrimmage.

But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised...we've been stuck with coaches that don't know how to use players for years now.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down