The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft a QB?

+7
JEGnj
Degarmo
DolFan 316
JMP
white1
scotgif
CarsonChris
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Draft a QB? Empty Draft a QB?

Post by CarsonChris Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:43 pm

Should this be Miami's #1 priority this season? There's talk New York is tanking on purpose for Darnold. I'm still not sold on Tannehill. He has 70% of the attributes needed. The physical tools but he doesn't have the instincts.

Darnold or Rudolph?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Draft a QB? Empty Re: Draft a QB?

Post by scotgif Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:58 pm

He will be 30 and people will still be saying the same things about him. It has been time to draft a QB of the future for at least 2 years. Problem is, no coach wanted to risk his job on the growing pains of a rookie QB. Gase may just be the guy to say, I want my own guy in here. I will live with the consequences.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:40 am

I would love to see us draft a QB next year, somewhere in the first three rounds. A true prospect, not a throw away 7th round flyer or undrafted free agent nobody.

However, everything I've read on the topic says the fins won't even consider it. Want to build up the rest of the roster instead and roll with Tannehill.

It's been said before, and it bears repeating, somehow Tannehill has had about 4 consecutive "make or break" years, and there are still so many questions on what he really is compared to a true franchise QB.

I'm really hoping Cutler plays great this season, even though it may be little more than wishful thinking. If it happens, we will sign him long term and we will trade Tannehill, there's no doubt. There are so many QB starved teams we will get at least a 1st or 2nd round pick in return.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:45 am

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:01 am

Gase has never developed a young QB, and has shown no interest in doing so. I don't think he's about to start. He supposedly took the Dolphins' job in part because of Tannehill, and I think he'll continue to roll with him for better or worse. I think there's zero chance Tannehill gets traded.

As for Cutler, he'll be one and done IMO. I think he retires again regardless of what happens this season.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:23 pm

I say the Fins won't have Cutler OR Tannehill next year. Mark my words. Seriously, somebody keep track of this post.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:24 pm

QB won't matter until they have a line.

Plus, they don't have the front office to draft anyone worth consequence.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:26 pm

My ideal situation would be extend Culter for a year draft QB CUT Tanny.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:54 pm

It will be a good year to draft one IMO.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Trade Tannehill. Use Cutler and draft a rookie

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:56 pm

Love the trade tannehill idea but it's one game. Cutler I thought was in command of the offense as he settled in and the game wore on. I thought the play calling limited him and the offense but he did a great job spreading the ball around IMHO. He wasn't really pressured that much and he kept plays alive. he leaned heavily on the underneath which is why Landry will always be a target/checkdown king.

Is it me or did I see Davis in for Steen a whole lot?
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 pm

No interceptions from Cutler. That might be the biggest stat of the game. Cutler avoids sacks. Tannehill goes down more than a 20$ whore. Shoring up linebackers is still the top priority for the team.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:41 am

CarsonChris wrote:Trade Tannehill. Use Cutler and draft a rookie

That is my dream scenario. I've pretty much decided Baker Mayfield is the best fit for Gase.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:13 am

Birdmond wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Trade Tannehill. Use Cutler and draft a rookie

That is my dream scenario.  I've pretty much decided Baker Mayfield is the best fit for Gase.    

Baker Mayfield sounds like he should be either a race car driver, a country singer or a rodeo cowboy. Wouldn't mind him. I think Rosen and Darnold are higher rated, but can we get them is the question.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 pm

scotgif wrote:Baker Mayfield sounds like he should be either a race car driver, a country singer or a rodeo cowboy. Wouldn't mind him. I think Rosen and Darnold are higher rated, but can we get them is the question.

Rosen??? Hell, he can't even beat Memphis Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing at your post BTW because it's so true. I now expect him to show up for camp next year with a wad of tobacco in his mouth driving a monster truck.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:31 pm

I like Mason Rudolph quite a bit. I think Lamar Jackson has a real shot at the next level too, Saturday's game notwithstanding. He's carrying that team a lot further than they should go.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:42 pm

When it comes to QBs the Pac 10/12 and ACC seem to be the way to go. Aside from Eli and Cam, the SEC has churned out a bunch of hot garbage this century. Okay, maybe Cutler's a step above hot garbage Laughing but my point still stands. You're actually better off looking at guys from non-P5 schools than the SEC for franchise QBs these days.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:07 am

Darnold's got a little bit of Marino in him...confident and tough, stands tall in the face of pressure, quick release, not afraid to throw the ball into tight windows, the game is never too big. I think he's going to be special.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 am

CarsonChris wrote:Should this be Miami's #1 priority this season? There's talk New York is tanking on purpose for Darnold. I'm still not sold on Tannehill. He has 70% of the attributes needed. The physical tools but he doesn't have the instincts.

Darnold or Rudolph?

I'm going on the assumption this team finishes 8-8. If that happens then Baker Mayfield in round two is probably the only option and it's an option I really like.

Once again my dream scenario is for Cutler to light it up and Tannehill is traded for two second round picks.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:45 pm

I really think Josh Allen can be a great QB but he needs someone like Gase to bring out the best in his talent. He has some issues. I've watched some of his games, he kinda reminds me of Cutler. No question about the arm but more of the reads and the poor decisions. He could fall to us but it needs to be in the 3rd or maybe late 2nd. We need to shore up the LB position McMillan is going to be back next year and if Alonso can't adjust to his WLB position we will certainly need to add depth.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:20 pm

I'd go all out for Darnold. Hell I'd throw in the Dolphins first 4 picks and Tannehill for that option. It's not like our first four picks ever play anyway

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:46 pm

Well this year might be different. Harris is playing, McMillan was slotted to start, Tankersly might get on the field if maxwell keeps playing soft and Godchaux might turn out to be a starter!!!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:50 am

CarsonChris wrote:I'd go all out for Darnold. Hell I'd throw in the Dolphins first 4 picks and Tannehill for that option. It's not like our first four picks ever play anyway

Only way the top pick gets traded IMHO is if Indianapolis gets the #1 pick which very well could happen. Worst run organization in professional sports. They are what the Bengals used to be. But anyway if Miami made that trade and gave up that many picks it would take years to recover given the aging OL and DL and limited salary cap space.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:57 am

Is it me or did I see Davis in for Steen a whole lot?

Yes, they pretty much split time at LG.

I read something about this after the game. Someone inside the org believes Davis can be very good, and is poised to take the starting LG job outright. That would be very good for us.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:15 am

I don't know why we're even wasting time with Steen...he's just not good. Let Davis learn through trial by fire.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next