The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gase?

+6
Umix10
mercury22nathan
DolFan 316
JMP
Birdmond
CarsonChris
10 posters

Go down

Gase? Empty Gase?

Post by CarsonChris Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:41 am

This is year two of Gase as head coach. I'm waiting to see anything dynamic. Waiting to see anything fun. After watching the Rams on Thursday night I'm starting to question Gase as an offensive guru. We are winning low scoring games. Where is the sudden strike ability that was touted this off season? We are playing a lesser team this weekend. Miami needs to put a beat down on the Jets. Anything less is a reflection of the coaching.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Gase? Empty Re: Gase?

Post by Birdmond Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:22 pm

CarsonChris wrote:This is year two of Gase as head coach. I'm waiting to see anything dynamic. Waiting to see anything fun. After watching the Rams on Thursday night I'm starting to question Gase as an offensive guru. We are winning low scoring games. Where is the sudden strike ability that was touted this off season? We are playing a lesser team this weekend. Miami needs to put a beat down on the Jets. Anything less is a reflection of the coaching.

We've played 1 fucking game with a QB who came out of retirement.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Under Gase, the team has the same issue it had under Philbin: starting slow. It's like they don't even bother showing up for the first half.

On the flipside, Gase actually makes adjustments at halftime - which Philbin never did. So that's a big plus.

But I just can't understand why this team seems to sleepwalk through the first half week after week - it's so frustrating. You can't do that against good teams and expect to win.

But I agree - I definitely haven't seen any signs of the "offensive guru" yet. Gase seems to run a fairly boring offense, with tons of bubble screens and other passes thrown close to the line of scrimmage. I think too often he coaches scared - afraid to make mistakes. Maybe that will change as gets more experience.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:38 pm

CarsonChris wrote:This is year two of Gase as head coach. I'm waiting to see anything dynamic. Waiting to see anything fun. After watching the Rams on Thursday night I'm starting to question Gase as an offensive guru.  We are winning low scoring games. Where is the sudden strike ability that was touted this off season? We are playing a lesser team this weekend. Miami needs to put a beat down on the Jets. Anything less is a reflection of the coaching.

BLASPHEMY!!! HERESY!!! BURN THIS MAN AT THE STAKE!!!

But seriously it's not Gase, it's the lack of talent. The Rams at least tried to upgrade their talent and going from Jeff Fisher to you or me as coach will improve any QB leaps and bounds by default. Looks like the guy who said Goff looked like a totally different player in preseason was right.

Also, this team never blows out the Jets unless the Jets just flat out mail it in (which has happened a couple of times over the last few seasons). But even in those games the stats are about equal as far as first downs and total yards. It is what it is.

I'm at least going to wait until they lose multiple games before bagging on the guy who dragged this team kicking and screaming to the playoffs with a squad arguably worse than the previous season and maybe two seasons. I'd like to see what Gase can do if Tannenbaum stops sabotaging him.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:48 pm

I'm just saying that was game 18 under Gase. Game 26 if you count pre-season. I want to see a spark of life. It's more me watching the Rams and being impressed at that dramatic change from a year ago. I want Miami to have that spark. Just seems slow and laboring. We should be blowing bad teams out.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:33 pm

gotta say I agree with CC... show me the POINTS!!!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:37 pm

I really think that the offense is a little to predictable. I believe that the team will go as Jay Ajayi goes. Gase is starting to show an arrogance to him. Two weeks of nothing but a crap product. Is Miami that good or that lucky? My answer is the latter!!!!!!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 pm

CarsonChris, I stand before you humbled, chastened and ashamed for even disputing your point. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I now see that the Gase Fins are no different than the Sparano and Philbin Fins. Not one iota. It's only a matter of who the new coach will be and when he will be hired.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Why oh why he thinks he is some kind of "offensive guru" that, in his SECOND year as a head coach in the NFL, just HAS to call the plays, is beyond me. Get a REAL OC in here that can call the plays, or give the duties over to Christienson, so he can focus on the real issues on this team. He needs to be able to see when we are down by double digits in the 3rd qtr, that maybe, just maybe, we should speed up the pace. He has to take a step back and be able to see these things. But, he is so wrapped up in calling plays and getting them in, he has no time to act on this.

This is exactly what some people mean by today's "genius" OC's out smarting and out coaching themselves. What time does he have to spend with and inspire the defense when he is all wrapped up in calling plays? Not much.

Most of all, he needs to lead the team. The ENTIRE team, not just send in plays.

Finally, where was the sense of urgency from the head coach, trying to light SOME kind of fire under his listless team? Why would you constantly let the play clock run down to single digits left before you snap the ball? That right there told me he threw in the towel on this game. No, we would not have won, but it sets a bad example to everyone when your leader seemingly has given up.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:07 pm

I never heard of the offensive guru think but he was suppose to be a QB genie or something of that nature. I really don't like Cutler and think this was a horrible pick up and this game showed it. His decision making is sub-par and when he throws it not the greatest.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:08 am

Matt Moore is at home right now with a scotch and a cigar, laughing his ass off.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:13 am

It's so hard to tell, but I am really starting to think talent acquisition, and our failure in that space, is going to sink us.

Did you see that rookie safety for the Jets yesterday? Meanwhile, our HIGHLY PAID Reshad Jones was invisible.

What has our first round pick done so far? Nothing. The edge rusher Atlanta drafted several picks after us looks worlds better.

Our attempt to patch up the linebacker corps has failed miserably.

Every corner we have brought in can't cover.

I'm thrilled we haven't overpaid for Landry, yet Parker has still to take off, and now Stills seems nowhere to be found.

Last year we were a power running team and that worked. You could argue our offensive line is now worse, and our guards are the weak link. Not good when you want to run the ball.

It's crazy that we don't seem to have an identity on offense.

I was so encouraged after last season, to see yesterday's game was just so disheartening. Against the Jets. Of course, the Jets. How many times have they embarrassed us in the past? Add one more to the list.

It's really tiring to keep waiting for our 1st and 2nd year players to develop, while watching rookies all over the league blow up, making plays and contributing from week 1.

Ross has said he will be patient, and obviously 1-1 after week 2 is not the time to panic. However, some really troubling signs during the game that have to be somehow eliminated and quickly, or we are going to hit the skids like we haven't seen in a long time. I'm fine if he wants to stick with Gase - Grier - Tannenbaum for a few years and see if they can build something.

But if it fails, we have to do something drastic. Rebuild the front office from the top down. Tannenbaum failed before, and if he fails again then clearly this is not his thing.

I'll leave you all with one final point.

Jacksonville brings back Tom Coughlin, who is installed as a front office executive. Do you remember the disaster that was Blake Bortles just a few weeks ago? Where are they now? 2-1 and they just absolutely destroyed the Ravens in London.

Why is it some teams can just "flip a switch" and seemingly rebuild, return to relevance overnight? Yet we take years, and years, and years of half-like some kind of rebuild-esque state. "Building for some future" that never arrives? I really don't know the answer, but if I was a Jags fan, I'd be pretty happy with the direction of the team.

No. I have to be a fan of this, this "team". FML.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:19 pm

The biggest problem has been and still is the front office. The names may have changed but the people running this team are still completely incompetent. We keep hiring inexperienced head coaches that have to learn on the job, and we hand them horrible draft after horrible draft to work with. Crappy drafting has completely killed this team.

And about Gase: if he's going to ignore the defense he needs to at least hire a competent defensive coordinator. Promoting Burke was a colossal mistake. I also think Gase needs to give up playcalling duties. He needs to focus on the entire team, and not just the offense. He's in over his head running the offense and trying to run a team.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Listened to Gase's press conference on QAM. He said "Our offense has been garbage for 2 years."

WOW. Interesting because this is Gase's offense...so in essence he's saying that he's done a garbage job. I agree.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Hey, I'll take accountability at this point. Real accountability, not just that bullshit boiler-plate coachspeak, "I take full responsibility," nonsense. Of course you're responsible. We know that. We also know it's not solely you, but if someone in your organization is a shitbomb, coach or otherwise, then it's your issue.

Glad to hear he said that. I hope he makes a comeback because I do think he's a smart guy . . . but he's got starting to display some of those "over-my-heard" symptoms that Philbin had in spades. That's unsettling. So unsettling, my normal pissy, sarcastic mood has been soured even more.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:41 pm

We had a run of wins last year against bad teams. We won some games we probably should have lost. I like the wins but I want to see improvement. We muddled through to victory in a lot of games. Sloppy play. Slow starts. This team needs to look like a team that cares. Right now it looks like nobody cares.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:44 am

JMP wrote:Listened to Gase's press conference on QAM.  He said "Our offense has been garbage for 2 years."

WOW.  Interesting because this is Gase's offense...so in essence he's saying that he's done a garbage job.  I agree.  

I fully don't believe that this is his team. There are a lot of players that are still around from Philbins day on both sides and until he has established the rookies that he has picked up as starter then his still working with Philbins team.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:42 am

Coaches need to work with the players they are given. Gase wanted Cutler, he got Cutler! Frankly the coach needs to improve. There's a complete lack of creativity. A complete lack of finding another teams weakness and exploiting it. Every week the team comes out flat. These are coaching problems.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:49 am

Degarmo wrote:Hey, I'll take accountability at this point.  Real accountability, not just that bullshit boiler-plate coachspeak, "I take full responsibility," nonsense.  Of course you're responsible.  We know that.  We also know it's not solely you, but if someone in your organization is a shitbomb, coach or otherwise, then it's your issue.

Glad to hear he said that.  I hope he makes a comeback because I do think he's a smart guy . . . but he's got starting to display some of those "over-my-heard" symptoms that Philbin had in spades.  That's unsettling.  So unsettling, my normal pissy, sarcastic mood has been soured even more.  

I guess accountability is good...but more important, once you notice a problem how do you fix it? Gase is saying the offense was garbage last season...so what did he do about it in the offseason?? Through two games, we've scored just two TDs. So if Gase knew the offense wasn't good enough last season, I'd like to know why it still isn't good enough this season???

We're in an NFL season where bottom-dwelling teams are doing some pretty impressive things: Brian Fucking Hoyer threw for 332 yards and two TDs Thursday night as his 49ers scored 39 points, the Rams have scored 40+ points twice, Blake Bortles threw 4 TDs while leading the Jags to a 44-7 win over the Ravens, Jacoby Brissett led the Colts to 31 points on Sunday. Why do those crappy teams have offenses that are performing better than the Dolphins????

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Brian Fucking Hoyer threw for 332 yards and two TDs Thursday night as his 49ers scored 39 points, the Rams have scored 40+ points twice, Blake Bortles threw 4 TDs while leading the Jags to a 44-7 win over the Ravens, Jacoby Brissett led the Colts to 31 points on Sunday. Why do those crappy teams have offenses that are performing better than the Dolphins????

Great points. I said something similar about the Jags and how it seems like they were able to "add Tom Coughlin and fix the team overnight". Their defense is balling also.

Meanwhile, we are in a perpetual state of "rebuild" and we have no promising offense in sight. Add to that our defense, which was once a strength, hasn't recovered from losing the last viable defensive coordinator we had on staff. Coyle sucked, Joseph sucked, and now Burke looks like he's getting ready to suck all year.

You raised the 49ers and Rams, those are teams that each hired an offensive coach (McVay and Shanahan). Last year, they were horrible on that side of the ball. Now they seem to be magically fixed. WTF. Where is OUR "fix"? Still waiting a year later.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Let's not forget, Cutler, when unmotivated, can be one of the worst QBs in the game. That has a lot to do with it.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down