Most Embarrassing Jets Loss Ever???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Most Embarrassing Jets Loss Ever???

Post by DolFan 316 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:56 pm

I think it is, and there's a long list to choose from.

Yes, I'm going to say this loss was more embarrassing than getting swept by a 4-win Jets team in '80--who provided the Saints with their only win. It's worse than losing to a 3-13 Jets team in '95 that the Fins had demolished by 35 in the opener. It's worse than blowing a 30-7 4th quarter lead (the second biggest blown 4th quarter lead in NFL history BTW). And it makes losses to 4-win Jets team in '89 and '92 look downright pedestrian. At least when they got swept by yet another 4-win Jets team in '05 the Fins only had 4 wins themselves. Although the one where they trailed 41-7 before scoring on the final play comes close, I think this is still worse. I probably left out about 4 or 5 more games, but you get my point.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Embarrassing Jets Loss Ever???

Post by JEGnj on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:01 pm

NO NO NO. During the stretch when they beat us 12 times in a row me and my pop went to a game in Miami. Fireman Asshole was there going his chant and we were getting yelled at and booed by Jet's fan in Miami.
A the Monday Night game where Jay Fiedler threw 5 or 6 interceptions we were in the Meadowlands and the Dolphins and Jets fans were cheering together everything the FIns screwed up it was so bad.
JEGnj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Yeah, I'd say this one is as bad as it gets.

Contenders:
24-0 at home in 2001. Just Godawful in every way.
17-16 in 1995, to Rich Freaking Kotite's 3-13 Jets.
23-20 at home in 1991 with the playoff berth at stake, letting Johnny Hector average 10 yards per carry and allowing the Jets to come back and score in 40 seconds to tie it.
Giving up 580 yards and 51 points in 1986 to negate 6 TD's from Marino

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top