The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to be positive...upcoming schedule easier than we thought?

4 posters

Go down

Trying to be positive...upcoming schedule easier than we thought? Empty Trying to be positive...upcoming schedule easier than we thought?

Post by JMP Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 am

OK, so I'm trying to get away from the doom and gloom for a few minutes...

Looking ahead, the schedule seems a bit easier than it first seemed over the next few weeks:

Week 5: home vs. Titans - Matt Cassel is the starting QB (probably) and they're coming off a 43-point loss where they allowed 57 points!
Week 6: at Falcons - should be a Dolphin loss, but the Bills just beat them in Atlanta.
Week 7: home vs. Jets - we can't lose to the Jets twice...can we????
Week 8: at Ravens - the Ravens always push us around, but their offense looks just as bad as ours right now - could be a field goal game.

The schedule gets BRUTAL in the second half of the season, but it is possible that we head into week 9 with a 4-3 record.  Just need Gase to get his head out of his ass.

Last edited by JMP on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Trying to be positive...upcoming schedule easier than we thought? Empty Re: Trying to be positive...upcoming schedule easier than we thought?

Post by scotgif Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:08 am

JMP wrote:
Week 5: home vs. Titans - Matt Cassel is the starting QB (probably) and they're coming off a 43-pont loss where they allowed 57 points!

Two words here: Josh McCown.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Trying to be positive...upcoming schedule easier than we thought? Empty Re: Trying to be positive...upcoming schedule easier than we thought?

Post by JMP Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:21 am

scotgif wrote:
JMP wrote:
Week 5: home vs. Titans - Matt Cassel is the starting QB (probably) and they're coming off a 43-point loss where they allowed 57 points!

Two words here: Josh McCown.

Dammit, I'm trying to be positive here! Wink

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:34 am

Yeah, I know, couldn't help it. After doom and gloom period, I actually think they will pay better at home this week. I think the home crowd will make a huge difference. Still debating whether I should go see this game or not. Initially, I was like, no way am I spending money on this shit, but I really do not want to miss them "breakout" this week, if it indeed does happen. Oh yeah, I am back in SoFla now.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:21 pm

I think the Phins will beat the Titans...so definitely a good game to go to if you can!

Of course, I also thought they'd beat the Jets.... Embarassed

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:47 pm

I am positive the Dolphins will lose to the Jets twice.

That's not what you meant, is it? Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:36 am

A convincing victory over the Titans - and I mean CONVINCING - would go a good ways to healing this team's woes.

I'm talking on defense, sacks, interceptions, fumbles maybe even a return TD. Let's face it, the Titans offense has been struggling mightily and now they are without Mariota. It's time to punish a backup QB instead of making him look like Tom Brady out there.

On offense, dominant running game. Deep passes. A long pass for a TD.

Do this, and the team gets some confidence back.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down