This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:09 am

The Ravens curbstomped the Fins last season, and they still made the playoffs. They murked them in '08, and they still made the playoffs. It's just one loss and the points don't carry over. It's not as if the next opponent will be spotted a two-score lead before the game starts. This is just how Ravens-Fins games go. The Raiders are actually the complete opposite--the Fins have dominated them now for 20 years, with only one loss that entire time, and that was karmic punishment for the way they gave Daunte Culpepper the boot.

http://pfref.com/tiny/3zpNB

DolFan 316

Posts : 2438
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by Birdmond on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:21 am

Sorry to be that guy but I’d prefer to lose out.

Birdmond

Posts : 1001
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by CarsonChris on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:36 am

At this point I don’t think this team wins more than 3 games the rest of the season. 7-9 seems about right.

CarsonChris

Posts : 630
Join date : 2015-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:52 am

Birdmond wrote:Sorry to be that guy but I’d prefer to lose out.

Unfortunately they aren't drafting a QB regardless, unless it's another Doughty type in the 6th round. And if the pick isn't a QB they'l just blow it anyway. And you know how the Fins are, they'd suddenly decide to start winning again after falling to 4-8 or so.

At least wait until after the Raiders game before giving up. Even Philbin could beat the Raiders every time. If they lose to a team that's beaten them just once in the past 20 years then I'll be right there with you.

DolFan 316

Posts : 2438
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by white1 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:24 am

Man, I never thought I'd be saying this, but I think we need Cutler back ASAP. Moore clearly did nothing magical with this offense, might as well bring in the true starter again.

white1

Posts : 1391
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by JMP on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:31 am

white1 wrote:Man, I never thought I'd be saying this, but I think we need Cutler back ASAP.  Moore clearly did nothing magical with this offense, might as well bring in the true starter again.

Come on, white, didn't you read all the articles this week about how much fire and energy Moore brings to this team??? geek

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by JMP on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:38 am

316 wrote:It's just one loss

Yep, one loss - against a team that, if we do turn the season around, we'll be fighting with for a wildcard spot. They now hold the tiebreaker.

And - it's not the loss itself, not really. It's how we lost. A road game against a team that traditionally owns you, in primetime with every NFL player, coach and fan watching...and you didn't even show up. That's a HUGE problem, and it's not one game...it's 7 games now where we look completely outmatched and unprepared. The difference last night was we didn't get any stupid plays from our opponent, and we didn't get any lucky bounces. Really, last night's game wasn't much different than the first 6 games. This is who we are: a team that isn't ready to play, and isn't good enough to win without smoke and mirrors. Yeah, we'll probably win a few more games, but let's be honest: this is a sloppy, poorly coached team that doesn'ty have the talent or heart to compete with the big boys.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:01 am

May I remind you that you were saying pretty much the same thing last year around this same time when the Ravens punked them by 32. And that loss wasn't a season killer either.

Just let things play out. I at least want to see how the team responds to this. If they come out and lay down again then I'll agree that it's all over but it's one loss in midseason in a league where at least half the teams who make the playoffs are going to be mediocre at best.

I never said this tam was a SB contender. But I'd still rather have them make the playoffs then finish with 6-8 wins yet again. It's a bit too late to tank now, and even if they did they'd just blow the draft anyway.

DolFan 316

Posts : 2438
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by JMP on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:05 am

DolFan 316 wrote:May I remind you that you were saying pretty much the same thing last year around this same time when the Ravens punked them by 32. And that loss wasn't a season killer either.

Just let things play out. I at least want to see how the team responds to this. If they come out and lay down again then I'll agree that it's all over but it's one loss in midseason in a league where at least half the teams who make the playoffs are going to be mediocre at best.

I never said this tam was a SB contender. But I'd still rather have them make the playoffs then finish with 6-8 wins yet again. It's a bit too late to tank now, and even if they did they'd just blow the draft anyway.

Yep, same crap, different year.  We play like garbage and have to rely on magic and miracles to win games at the end.  Last night we found out what happens when the magic and mirrors disappear.  As for the playoffs this year:


JMP
Admin

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by white1 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:51 am

Never has the Jim Mora clip been so relevant as right now, with this team.

Beat the Raiders handily and I'll think about drinking some more of this Kool Aid. For now, I am totally disheartened with very little hope in sight.


white1

Posts : 1391
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by Birdmond on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:36 am

white1 wrote:Never has the Jim Mora clip been so relevant as right now, with this team.

Beat the Raiders handily and I'll think about drinking some more of this Kool Aid. For now, I am totally disheartened with very little hope in sight.


In all fairness I did say I’d be happy to be 5-3 at mid season and that was with Tannehill. Beating the Raiders handily would be so Dolphins. Get hopes up again and then get beat by 50 by Carolina.

Birdmond

Posts : 1001
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by JMP on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 am

Birdmond wrote:Beating the Raiders handily would be so Dolphins.  Get hopes up again and then get beat by 50 by Carolina.  

Exactly! But right now, it's hard to imagine us beating anyone. Unless major changes are made - and I don't even know what that would be - I see us dropping the next 2.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by HalCHorn on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:58 am

They win when you least expect it, and also get their asses kicked when you least expect it.

Gase certainly shows more as a coach than a Philbin or Cameron. But he's stubborn about a number of things that need to change. Him calling his own plays is the first.

The biggest personnel flaw was the lack of attention paid to the O-line, but really, there was no hope of repeating last year's showing without the starting QB.

8-8 or 7-9 seems about right, but we will be shopping for a long-term QB solution again this off-season. Too deep a draft for quality prospects at the position not to invest in one early. If we don't, the Gase era will fail just as mightily as every era since Shula.

HalCHorn

Posts : 517
Join date : 2015-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by JMP on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:53 pm

HalCHorn wrote:he's stubborn about a number of things that need to change.  Him calling his own plays is the first.

Yep, absolutely. The problem there is that we don't have another legit playcaller on staff, and even if we did I'd be SHOCKED if Gase gave up playcalling duties.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by Birdmond on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:05 pm

JMP wrote:
HalCHorn wrote:he's stubborn about a number of things that need to change.  Him calling his own plays is the first.

Yep, absolutely. The problem there is that we don't have another legit playcaller on staff, and even if we did I'd be SHOCKED if Gase gave up playcalling duties.

They’re not even running Gase’s offense. I believe reports that Gase had to dumb down the offense and if you read between the lines he’s basically saying Landry , Ayjai and Parker can’t learn the offense. I’ve seen Landry run the wrong route on several occasions. Also you cannot run this offense without a every down back that is a receiving threat and a legitimate TE. I’m not at a point of being down on Gase yet.

Birdmond

Posts : 1001
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by JMP on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Birdmond wrote:

They’re not even running Gase’s offense.  I believe reports that Gase had to dumb down the offense and if you read between the lines he’s basically saying Landry , Ayjai and Parker can’t learn the offense.  I’ve seen Landry run the wrong route on several occasions.   Also you cannot run this offense without a every down back that is a receiving threat and a legitimate TE.   I’m not at a point of being down on Gase yet.  

It's Gase's fault that he has no answers. His solution was to dumb down the offense in such a way that it's absurdly predictable - he said this himself. Why does he have to dumb down the offense to this extent when he has two QBs and all position players that already know the offense and have had at least some level of success in it? Landry and Ajayi were studs last season in Gase's offense. Now all of a sudeen they don't know what they're doing?

Really, it boils down to the OL. This group SUCKS - and it features 3 first round picks and a veteran RG that was handpicked by Gase. They're not getting the job done, and it's impacting everything else - and it is up to Gase to fix it. He hired the coke fiend OL coach in the first place, and now he needs to fix the disaster that Foerster made.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by Degarmo on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:29 pm

If Landry won't run the correct routes, bench him, f'ing bench him. Put in Grant and/or Caroo. If they don't know what the hell they're doing bench them and line up your backup OL guys out there.

Just once I wish these guys would realize that losing with assholes who don't give a crap about the game is actually worse for their careers as coaches than losing with guys that care and try.

One thing I take umbrage with as far as Gase goes is calling out Ajayi on the whole "home run" thing. How's he trying to hit a home run when he's being contacted 3 yards in the backfield on nearly every run? Looks to me like Ajayi busts his ass out there. Maybe call out someone who sucks, like Tunsil (perching precariously on the precipice of bustdom).
avatar
Degarmo

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Might Not Be A Bad Thing

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum