The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking: Landry Traded For Bag Of Crap

+6
mercury22nathan
rightchea
Birdmond
JMP
white1
DolFan 316
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking: Landry Traded For Bag Of Crap - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking: Landry Traded For Bag Of Crap

Post by Umix10 Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:35 pm

Degarmo wrote:Here's the thing with Ajayi.

He's run behind a legendarily shitty offensive line.  This is All-Madden Shithouse bad.

You give him solid blocking, and he can give you some real heavy downhill running.  It's another weapon for defenses to have to contend with.

The same can be said for anybody in the league, I totally get it Degarmo! We are saying the same thing as everybody else in the world.....our line is crap no matter how you look at it. Attitude or not the guy only showed his athletic talent when things went right and showed his lack of guts when they were wrong. I really wouldn't want my team to be like that would you?

We and everybody in the whole world knew we would get very far with this offensive line. 3 years running, we never addressed it as the number 1 priority. We should have but never did....Gase/Tannebaum/Grier are totally unaware of their own identity to give this team one.

First thing on my agenda is get an offensive line who can PASS BLOCK.....IDGAF if they can run block or zone block or whatever the craze is......Miami should already know that they are the kings of the short passing game. I'll bet the Patriots can count on 2 fingers how many run plays they put in every week. Draft kids who come from passing teams, trade for pass blocking offensive lineman. The game has changed. you don't need maulers.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Landry Traded For Bag Of Crap - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking: Landry Traded For Bag Of Crap

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:26 pm

Supposedly Miami wasn't able to trade Landry because they didnt meet the deadline

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:30 pm

Degarmo wrote:Here's the thing with Ajayi.

He's run behind a legendarily shitty offensive line.  This is All-Madden Shithouse bad.

You give him solid blocking, and he can give you some real heavy downhill running.  It's another weapon for defenses to have to contend with.  

I wonder what we'll get for that 4th rounder, because if it's not a starting-caliber player, then this trade is a waste.

EDIT:  Also, Gase's offense appears to be 3-yard-passes and a cloud of crap.  I don't think he knows what he wants.  If you're going to play like that, why not work Drake and Grant into the mix a ton more?  I mean, if it's all YAC, get the ball to guys who can do something after the catch.

Great post. And let's not forget...Ajayi is making peanuts. That has to factor into it.

My question is: if Williams and Drake are so damn great, why hasn't Gase used them at all this season? Williams gets like 5 snaps a game, and before the Baltimore blowout Drake really didn't play at all. So I'm supposed to believe that all of a sudden they're better options than Ajayi, when Gase didn't use them at all for half the season??? Nothing this clown does makes any sense to me.

Meanwhile, we continue to roll Gase's boytoy Julius Thomas onto the field, when he's dropped more passes and missed more blocks than any TE I can recall.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Umix10 wrote:Attitude or not the guy only showed his athletic talent when things went right and showed his lack of guts when they were wrong.  I really wouldn't want my team to be like that would you?

From what I heard Ajayi complained about the lack of carries he got, even after a win. Welcome to the NFL - where every receiver and back lobby for more touches, everyday. Hell, if my RB didn't want more touches, I'd question his heart. It's the head coach's job to deal with different personalities. Not everyone is going to be a robot...players are just like anyone else, with their own personalities. If you can't figure out how to handle players, you probably shouldn't be a head coach.

Ajayi might've complained behind closed doors - as well he should, with the crap OL he's had to deal with - but he didn't go and whine about it to the media like his little bitch-ass head coach did. Gase screwed this up, no two ways about it. He needs to grow up and learn how to handle his team, because right now he looks like an immature Joe Philbin. This team is worse today than it was yesterday, and no amount of spin will change that.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:27 am

I honestly think this was the thing, that thing that every coach does that ends his tenure. I think regardless of when he's gone, this will be that "thing".

I really thought Gase was going to be the guy too.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:31 am

JMP wrote:

Meanwhile, we continue to roll Gase's boytoy Julius Thomas onto the field, when he's dropped more passes and missed more blocks than any TE I can recall.

Remember how both you and I wanted them to grab Njoku? Remember how he was there when we picked? TE was a glaring weak spot going into the draft, if a person was thinking with their intellect.

I mean, I was all about fixing the offensive line, but I would have taken Njoku where we were. We had some major positions that needed to be filled in that draft, and we drafted another nothing that's doing nothing, and will more than likely end up being a JAG that we could have found similar value in the 4th round.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:02 am

Crazy that we avoided TE in this past draft - if was deeper than ever at that position. I know some people wanted Kittle too, and he's looked pretty good at times - certainly better than Thomas.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:30 am

The fact of the matter is that Gase got guys that he used to and not guys that would contribute says a lot about a coach and his coaching style. He is not willing to get new guy acclimated into the system.

Like Stephen Anthony, he hasn't played a snap yet and we picked him up to help out not to be an inactive body. Issa Asta is another guy that has to be way better than most of those starters that is on the OL right now.

I don't believe that Gase is good enough to be what Miami needs and if Miami not willing to get rid of Tannebaum then Miami is stuck with Gase like coaches for a while

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:11 am

rightchea wrote:The fact of the matter is that Gase got guys that he used to and not guys that would contribute says a lot about a coach and his coaching style. He is not willing to get new guy acclimated into the system.

Yep. He's brought in a bunch of his players, like Bushrod, Cutler, Fales, Thomas and Larsen, and we haven't gotten enough production from any of them. So frustrating.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:09 pm

JMP wrote:Crazy that we avoided TE in this past draft - if was deeper than ever at that position.  I know some people wanted Kittle too, and he's looked pretty good at times - certainly better than Thomas.

The sad part is, they could've drafted a TE *and* had Thomas too, if that's who Gase really wanted, and that way if Thomas turned out to be the bust he is the rookie would be ready to take over next season. But no, we can't have that kind of forward, progressive thinking on THIS team, can we?

But hey, that's okay, because Armando says they'll just draft one next year!

(Breaks down sobbing.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:24 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Crazy that we avoided TE in this past draft - if was deeper than ever at that position.  I know some people wanted Kittle too, and he's looked pretty good at times - certainly better than Thomas.

The sad part is, they could've drafted a TE *and* had Thomas too, if that's who Gase really wanted, and that way if Thomas turned out to be the bust he is the rookie would be ready to take over next season. But no, we can't have that kind of forward, progressive thinking on THIS team, can we?

But hey, that's okay, because Armando says they'll just draft one next year!

(Breaks down sobbing.)

Once they traded for Thomas and signed Fasano, there's no way they were drafting a TE - because they already had MarQueis Gray (who despite being productive last season has barely been used at all this season) and Thomas Duarte (who isn't NFL-caliber but still stays on the practice squad for some reason). Just poor planning all around, with such a deep TE class.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:05 pm

I agree on drafting the TE. I didn't mind the Thomas trade if gase really wanted him. It was/and is on gase to get the talent ot of thomas. Looks like a lost battle.

I wanted Njoku, who was available at our pick. Or, one of the other top rated TE's on the board. Let that guy groom for a year behind the vet starter, and bring him along at whatever speed he is ready for.

That is what the successful organizations with a plan do.

We did something else.......
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:14 pm

I really think the best move would have been to resign Sims and bring in Fasano if you ask me. Sims and Fasano together would have been a good TE room.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Already started my First-Pick.com draft game this is what i came out with. This doesn't include the 4th for Ajayi.

Round 1 Pick 21: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (A-)
Round 2 Pick 21: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 3 Pick 21: Hunter Bivin, OG, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 4 Pick 21: Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Ralph Webb, RB, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Scott Pagano, DT, Oregon (A)
Round 7 Pick 21: Drew Bailey, DT, Louisville (A-)
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:01 pm

Umix10 wrote:Already started my First-Pick.com draft game this is what i came out with.  This doesn't include the 4th for Ajayi.

Round 1 Pick 21: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (A-)
Round 3 Pick 21: Hunter Bivin, OG, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 4 Pick 21: Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Ralph Webb, RB, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Scott Pagano, DT, Oregon (A)
Round 7 Pick 21: Drew Bailey, DT, Louisville (A-)

Just did my first try. I wheeled and dealed a little:

Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE): Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia (B+)
Round 2 Pick 5 (T.B.): Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (CLE): Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 5 (T.B.): Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 31 (N.E.): K.J. Malone, OG, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1 (CLE): Jordan Whitehead, FS, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3 (NYG): Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 4 Pick 21: Juan Thornhill, CB, Virginia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Bryce Bobo, WR, Colorado (A)
Round 7 Pick 5: J.D. Moore, FB, LSU (A)
Round 7 Pick 21: Kingsley Keke, DT, Texas AM (A+)

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:42 pm

Did better my second try. Who's up for a Rudolph/Mayfield QB competition?

Your score is: 21481 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 14 (WASH): Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 21: Will Clapp, C/OG, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (PITT): Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 3 Pick 3 (NYG): Quin Blanding, FS, Virginia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 9 (NYJ): Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (WASH): K.J. Malone, OG, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 21: Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford (A+)
Round 4 Pick 7 (CHI): Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A+)
Round 4 Pick 10 (CHI): Myles Gaskin, RB, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 21: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 4 Pick 24 (SEA): Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26 (K.C.): Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 2 (PITT): Deontay Burnett, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Kingsley Keke, DT, Texas AM (A)
Round 7 Pick 21: J.D. Moore, FB, LSU (A+)

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 am

I hoping that Ajayi run for more than 2,000 yards this season and lead the Eagles to the Superbowl so that the front office can get fired.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:26 am

Since this is pre Ajayi trade I did pretty well.

Round 1 Pick 30 (MINN): Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 2 Pick 30 (MINN): Quin Blanding, FS, Virginia (A)
Round 3 Pick 21: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (CAR): Hunter Bivin, OG, Notre Dame (A)
Round 4 Pick 21: Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 5 Pick 23 (CAR): Jonathan Ledbetter, DE, Georgia (C)
Round 6 Pick 21: David Wells, TE, San Diego State (C)
Round 7 Pick 5: Mark Walton, RB, Miami (FL) (B)
Round 7 Pick 21: J.T. Barrett, QB, Ohio State (B-)

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:38 am

Mock drafts already???? Shocked

Love it!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:43 am

I traded all my picks away for that mirage QB out in So. Cal.

I was trying to be as accurate as possible.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2