Game thread - Phins at Panthers

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game thread - Phins at Panthers

Post by rightchea on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:34 am

to be totally honest miami biggest issue is leadership. Miami doesn't have the leadership that it had with Tannehill. Man did I just say that. but it is true. there are lot of time Miami should have lost and they didn't because Tannehill put a fire in the offense that Cutler never can.

another thing is there is no excitement. Miami pick up these lackluster players on the D that can't catch an INT to save their nor can they cause a fumble either. the fins needs to borrow or create their own type of turnover chai n.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:39 am

I don't even want to talk about this game.

I know the Panthers are good, but we didn't even show up. Most of the time I sat there in disbelief that we laid YET ANOTHER EGG on prime time television. Dammit it sucks to be a fan of this "team". Embarrassing. Humiliating. Depressing. I can't find enough words to describe what it's like to see us lose in epic fashion on the national stage. Several times. IN ONE SEASON. Going back a few years, way too many times and more than any fan should be asked to suffer.

And I use the quotes because there is no teamwork here, nothing tangible to hang our hats on.

Whatever scheme we are running on defense it's not working. Can't rush the passer. Can't stop the run. Can't cover. Can't force turnovers. Name anything a defense should do in the NFL and we can't do it. Guys are running wide open all over the field. Or trailed badly by one of our slow, horrible linebackers.

Adding insult to injury, twitter was filled with tweets ripping our squad. One writer noted the Panthers were running simple zone read concepts and we could do nothing to stop it. Well that's fun.

So for all the talk of a drastic make over on offense this offseason, we can add several defensive positions to the list of needs too. Our ends aren't good enough. Yes, Wake looks like he's finally getting old, and Branch can't set the edge. Our linebackers are embarrassing. I'd say defensive tackle but it's got to fall down the list because we need so much else, and we have so much already invested there. It looks to me like we need a new nickel corner too.

Once again, add all of that to what we need on offense and it looks to me like we have too many "needs" to address in a single offseason.

I agree with something someone wrote last night. They said Gase should go to Tannenbaum/Grier and say something to the effect of "I can't cut everyone, someone has to play. Get us some more talent." I really can't blame all of this on Gase. It looks to me like we don't have nearly the talent to compete at several positions. We've beaten some bottom dwellers but against playoff caliber teams it's plainly obvious we have no business on the field.

I hate this team. I really do.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 am

white1 wrote:I don't even want to talk about this game.

(Proceeds to discuss it at length.) Laughing Razz

I know the Panthers are good, but we didn't even show up.

The Panthers aren't good. Just like the Ravens aren't good, either. In fact there are no good teams anymore except You Know Who. It's just that the Fins are currently at a point where every team they face looks like the greatest ever.

Most of the time I sat there in disbelief that we laid YET ANOTHER EGG on prime time television.  Dammit it sucks to be a fan of this "team".  Embarrassing.  Humiliating.  Depressing.

You forgot emasculating. Just sayin' Cool  

I can't find enough words to describe what it's like to see us lose in epic fashion on the national stage.  Several times.  IN ONE SEASON.  Going back a few years, way too many times and more than any fan should be asked to suffer.

We still have it great compared to Browns fans. I think.

I agree with something someone wrote last night.  They said Gase should go to Tannenbaum/Grier and say something to the effect of "I can't cut everyone, someone has to play. Get us some more talent."  I really can't blame all of this on Gase.  It looks to me like we don't have nearly the talent to compete at several positions.  We've beaten some bottom dwellers but against playoff caliber teams it's plainly obvious we have no business on the field.

Actually, you can blame Gase because every player he hand picks to be on the team apparently sucks.  

I hate this team.  I really do.

Look on the bright side, at least you're allowed to say that here Wink

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:42 am

Gase is responsible for this entire offense.  He calls the plays and he hand-picked the players.  He begged Cutler to come out of retiurement and threw him $10 million.  He forced the trade for $6 million man Julius Thomas.  He signed off on paying Stills $8 million a year.  He forced the Ajayi trade.  He thinks the OL is great.  His offense scored 16 points against the Raiders and 14 against the Panthers when the games mattered.  His team has gotten shut out twice (really three times, if you discount the last second TD in the blowout loss to the Jets).  He promoted Matt Burke and hired Chris Foerster.  He has final say on the roster.

Tannenbaum is a disaster all by himself, but please don't let Gase off the hook - not even an inch.  He is the architect of this team, and he is the captain of this dumpster fire.  And I'm sure Ross loves him, and an extension will come any day now.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:23 am

I guess all that "In Gase we trust talk" didn't last too long!

I, for one, never trusted.
scotgif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:21 am

Oh God I had forgotten about this. Here comes Prime Time Blowout number 4:

Unfortunately for the Dolphins, their second game against New England is another prime-time contest on a Monday night, on Dec. 11. It's difficult to expect a good result based on Miami's previous three performances in night games.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:28 am

Starts upfront on both sides of the ball. Our O line is the worst I’ve ever seen. If we can’t get push in the middle of the D then our edge rusher is less likely to get a sack.

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 pm

CarsonChris wrote:If we can’t get push in the middle of the D then our edge rusher is less likely to get a sack.

Suh gets doubled on every single play, which means Phillips and Godchaux face single blocks on every play. Neither of them is able to collapse the pocket or even beat their man. It's really bad. On the outside, Wake looks like a shell of his former self - but he's not getting any help. No push from the middle, and the platoon of Branch and Harris never even sniff the QB.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 pm

We're at least 2 years away, if not more.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top