Tyrod Taylor?

Go down

Tyrod Taylor?

Post by white1 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:42 am

It appears the Bills are moving on from Taylor.

My question, is he worth a pickup and would Miami be interested?

Looking at his stats past 3 years, he has been a 62-64 completion percentage passer, his passer rating has hovered around 90 with a high of 99 in the 2015 season.

Plus, he is a threat to run the ball and has the athleticism to make teams pay if they don't contain him in the pocket. He had over 500 yards rushing in both 2015 and 2016.

Apparently there wasn't much of a free agent market for him last year, because he re-signed with Buffalo and the contract has an easy out.

Would you like to see him in Miami? IMHO, I probably would. I don't think it will happen though, given what I have heard from Cutler, Gase and the return of Tannehill.

But it would be interesting to me to say, keep Cutler, sign Taylor as a younger prospect, and maybe keep Fales/Doughty as longer term prospects. In that scenario, you could actually trade Tannehill and get a valuable draft pick (or two) in return.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyrod Taylor?

Post by JMP on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Taylor throws an excellent deep ball, too. But no - I wouldn't sign him. I've had enough of inconsistent QBs.

And I absolutely, positively want Cutler off the team in the worst way. I can't stand watching him play. I would probably jump ship and find a new team if he's starting for the Dolphins in 2018. No joke.

But Tannehill is the starter in 2018. I don't think there's any question, assuming he's healthy. And most likely, Gase will keep Fales and/or Doughty behind him. I don't expect any other QBs to be added...maybe an undrafted FA for camp fodder, but that's about it.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 pm

Tannehill can't be the starter.  He hasn't played a full season in 2 years.  We need another QB.  Kap would have been a solid choice. Hindsight is 20/20. I've said this before, Cutler was not a good QB.  He just had a good standard NFL QB season.  Despite all of Kap's flaws.  He took a team to the Super Bowl.  Cant say that about Cutler.  For all the things about Cutlers arm strength and knowledge of the offense blah blah blah blah, I ask you why is it that in a uptempo offense when you have the best grasp of the concepts of this offense, do we snap the ball with 3 seconds left on the clock?  EVERYTIME!!!!!!!

Bruh,  Tell me this, How much knowledge does Cutler have over Moore? Seriously let's think about it!  Cutler played 1 season with Gase just 1!!!!! Moore although not getting snaps, played the same amount.  Gase upset the chemistry on the offense.  He is pigheaded and idiotic to think that he can win without the locker room.  This team is really fucked up

I am in no way endorsing Moore but you gotta ask yourself, with all the experience and with chemistry of 2, we are at 4-5!!! One can honestly say that from last year to this year we regressed!!!!! Proof is in the standings.

Taylor in my honest opinion isn't all that bad. The thing is i wouldn't invest in the QB until i Know that my shit is on point. We need have a roster fire sale and ground up build. I would take Taylor and give him a very above average contract. At this point we need a poor man's Cam Newton. Until we solidify the offense the QB will have to run like hell.
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:06 pm

The chemistry of the team is all out of wack seriously. I have to say that Cutler is the cause of it. Tannehill comes back 100% will help Miami in every way. Instead of one trick Cutler, Tannehill can move and throw on the run which give Miami so many more advantages than what they are working with now

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:34 pm

rightchea wrote:The chemistry of the team is all out of wack seriously. I have to say that Cutler is the cause of it. Tannehill comes back 100% will help Miami in every way. Instead of one trick Cutler, Tannehill can move and throw on the run which give Miami so many more advantages than what they are working with now

I agree. I've certainly soured on Tannehill since he was drafted and IMO he will probably never be great, but I do think he's gotten to the point where he's pretty good and we can win some games with him. He's light-years ahead of Cutler, I do know that. I still believe Tannehill's ceiling is Alex Smith, as I've said for years - if he stays healthy, maybe he can get to that level some day.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:54 pm

I'm actually surprised Tannehill has cobbled together the career that he's had so far with such stellar gurus coaching him.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:28 am

Tannehill had a couple of technique issue but has never been a bad QB. Gase didn't do much to make Tannehill into a good QB just like Manning. Gase get a lot of credit for nothing. He did nothing to help Manning and I feel the same way for Cutler. Cutler got lucky one or two years and that about it.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:52 pm

IMO:

Keep Matt Moore as the backup, and caretaker starter.

Let Cutler and Tanny both walk after this season.

Draft a Jackson or Rudolph and start the rookie as soon as he is ready in 2018.

Unfortunately, this won't happen. I fully expect the Dolphins to keep Cutler and ignore the very talented 2018 QB draft class altogether. From Wanny and Jay to Adam and Jay, history just keeps rhyming around here.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:52 pm

Well, in all honesty i think it boils down to the fans really. This season is loss, the only way I start Moore is if i really wanna win. Gase is for sure the only one who believes Cutler. I don't know if the view from the sideline is different than the press box but Cutler is not "leading" this team. He is managing an offense. Analysts have said this about the playcalling the entire season but nothing changes.

If you really want a top pick then you certainly start Cutler and let the shit show continue. If you wanna win and make the season respectable you start Moore.
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:17 am

HalCHorn wrote:IMO:

Keep Matt Moore as the backup, and caretaker starter.

Let Cutler and Tanny both walk after this season.

Draft a Jackson or Rudolph and start the rookie as soon as he is ready in 2018.

That would be the absolute best possible way to do it. Which is why this team won't even consider it, and will go out of their way to do the opposite.

I actually expect a Tanny/Cutler duo next season, since it couldn't be more obvious Gase hates Moore. Probably sees him as a threat to his (Gase's) alpha-maleness Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:20 am

Umix10 wrote:If you really want a top pick then you certainly start Cutler and let the shit show continue.  If you wanna win and make the season respectable you start Moore.  

Moore's days of racking up completely meaningless late-season wins after his team is eliminated from playoff contention are over. Even if I'm wrong there's no way on God's green earth this team wins more than twice the rest of the way.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down