The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

might Doulgas win the left OG competition?

+3
DolFan 316
white1
mercury22nathan
7 posters

Go down

might Doulgas win the left OG competition? Empty might Doulgas win the left OG competition?

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:15 am

Barry Jackson at the Miami Herald wrote:On Thursday, Billy Turner got many of the first-team snaps at right guard, with Jeff Linkenbach receiving some. Rookie Jamil Douglas and Dallas Thomas got first-team snaps at left guard, with Douglas taking the majority.

“Douglas has done some good things; we’re encouraged by some of these guys,” Tannenbaum said. “We have belief in our guys at that position.  I’m looking forward to seeing it sort out.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2015/07/dolphins-address-evan-mathis-question-examining-multiple-positions-after-day-1-of-camp-heat-roster-m.html

is it possible?  could it be true that if a rookie like Douglas comes in and out performs Dallas Thomas that the coaching staff's eyes will finally be opened to the fact that Thomas just can't cut it as a viable option anymore?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

might Doulgas win the left OG competition? Empty Re: might Doulgas win the left OG competition?

Post by white1 Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:34 pm

Only true this early in camp.

Don't worry - by the time week 1 rolls around and we start the season, Thomas will be starting at left guard just ready to suck...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

might Doulgas win the left OG competition? Empty Re: might Doulgas win the left OG competition?

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:42 pm

I'll go ahead and say it right now--the fate of not only this team, but the human race and universe in general rests on Douglas beating out Thomas.

I'm exaggerating only slightly.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:31 am

It's really difficult to judge OL until there's actual game action.  The guard positions will be sorted out in pre-season.  Unfortunately, my guess is that the 'winners' will be the lesser of two evils, and not actually good linemen.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:07 pm

The problem is that they are getting pushed around by Suh. So that not a good look at all

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Suh I could understand, but I hear the guards are being abused by Mitchell and Phillips. Not good.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Sounds like Dallas Thomas hurt his shoulder today. I don't think it's serious, but this could give Douglas a chance to move ahead. Time to step up, rookie.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacesout Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:12 pm

Seems like if Douglas is in the conversation Thomas had already lost the battle. Now with injury... forget about it.

Lacesout

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacesout Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:15 pm

My hope is that this injury forces the Fins back to the table with Mathis.

Lacesout

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:06 am

Lacesout wrote:My hope is that this injury forces the Fins back to the table with Mathis.

Yep, me too. We have major issues at LT (until Albert is healthy), LG and RG right now, so if we could sign Mathis and at least solidify the LG position that would be huge.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:55 am

I don't know who this "Doulgas" guy is, but he's got to be better than the guards they have by default Razz

Jmp, you sure are posting a lot for someone who's on vacation Laughing Not that I'm complaining about it, mind you Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:57 am

I'm not on vacation yet...leaving Saturday morning... Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Whaaaaat??? Shocked You made it seem like you'd be gone the entire month!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:13 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Whaaaaat??? Shocked You made it seem like you'd be gone the entire month!

Nope...I was gone a week for work and then I'll be gone a week for vacation.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:57 pm

If we don't have anyone on the roster to take over for Dallas Thomas, then we can write this season off. Tannehill will be sacked 30 times by the AFC East alone.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:03 pm

Degarmo wrote:If we don't have anyone on the roster to take over for Dallas Thomas, then we can write this season off.  Tannehill will be sacked 30 times by whoever lines up across from him alone.

Fixed it for you Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:54 pm

A quadriplegic that is glued to the ground has a quicker first step than Dallas Thomas.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down