Larsen wants a switch

Go down

Larsen wants a switch

Post by mercury22nathan on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:58 am

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article194258254.html

Ted Larsen finished this season as the Dolphins’ starting left guard. But if he has his way, he will not begin next season with that job.

Larsen told me a couple of weeks ago that he would like to shift to right guard.

“That’s my preference,” he said. “I played there since 2014.”

i guess there are 2 ways to look at this...

one, Dear Ted, the Phins are paying you to play OG, you'll play on any damn side the coaches determine is best for the team. oh, and go ask Kiko how much they care where your "preference" to play matters to them.

or, why have the Phins once again seemingly gone out of there way to sign a FA and force him into a position that isn't the one that attracted them to him in the first place? square peg, meet round hole.

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Larsen wants a switch

Post by JMP on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:09 am

I would prefer to just cut Larsen, but he's cheap and the coaches love him - so he's not going anywhere.

With that in mind, I would definitely move him to RG. I'm starting to think that it is very likely that the Phins draft Quenten Nelson (Notre Dame) at #11 - and he'd be a day one starter at LG. So, assuming we get rid of James and his ridiculous salary, our starting line will be:

LT Tunsil
LG Nelson
C Pouncey
RG Larsen
RT Davis

As much as I hate the idea of drafting interior linemen that high, I think Nelson would be a good pick and that would be a much improved line.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:11 am

I for one would applaud that move.

I know we've invested tons in the line, but it's still not right, so what we've done in the past is history. Doesn't matter. If it's still crap, you have to fix it. And it's still crap.

I also wouldn't mind at all if we drafted a DE at 11. Especially if it's one of the top rated, sure fire first round prospects.

Build the trenches. That's what I want this year.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:15 am

OL, DE and LB seem to be the best positions to target at 11. The way the draft looks right now, any of those positions would likely be a good match of "best player available" and need for the Phins.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:43 am

Nelson would be an immediate, huge upgrade for the O-line. Doesn't even seem like a steep price to pay at # 11 either. He should also start right away, for barring injury, for a decade. I would have no problem with taking him.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:57 pm

white1 wrote:I for one would applaud that move.  

I know we've invested tons in the line, but it's still not right, so what we've done in the past is history.  Doesn't matter.  If it's still crap, you have to fix it.  And it's still crap.

I also wouldn't mind at all if we drafted a DE at 11.  Especially if it's one of the top rated, sure fire first round prospects.  

Build the trenches.  That's what I want this year.

This is what I wanted last year, but I'll take it this year. I'd rather start there and get it sorted first. It's amazing how average "skill" players look so much better with good trench play.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm

I would just release him as long as the dead weight is not too much.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:25 pm

rightchea wrote:I would just release him as long as the dead weight is not too much.

Agreed, totally.  At this point, everyone is replaceable on the offensive line, even Tunsil.  The only issue is dead money, and even then it might be fine, particularly if they can trade someone for a bag of used dicks and unload the salary. The real issue is . . . . . . . . . can they manage to replace them with anyone better?
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down