Robert Quinn

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Robert Quinn

Post by rightchea on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:10 pm

But we see what happened to Dallas Thomas, Miami don't have good enough players to replace Kiko or Pouncey. So the fact that he makes mistakes and then fixes them mid season is kinda disturbing to me

rightchea

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2015-04-28
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Quinn

Post by JMP on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:06 pm

rightchea wrote:But we see what happened to Dallas Thomas, Miami don't have good enough players to replace Kiko or Pouncey. So the fact that he makes mistakes and then fixes them mid season is kinda disturbing to me

But that's the thing...they DO have players to replace Alonso and Pouncey, and at a fraction of the cost. You can put literally any undrafted LB on the field to miss tackles and get burned in coverage like Alonso does. I'm confident in saying that a guy like Chase Allen or Mike Hull can be just as good if not better than Alonso. Same thing with Brendel and Pouncey. We're not tralking about replacing All Pros, despite what Gase thinks. There's a big drop off if you're going from Landry to Carroo, but it's really not a big dropoff from Alonso to Hull. That's what kills this roster: overpaying mediocre players like Branch, or overpaying players that just aren't necessary like Suh...it destroys your ability to build a deep roster.

Gase just doesn't seem to have the ability to evaluate players...and that problem is made worse by Tannenbaum, who loves to trade away draft picks and throw money at aging veterans. It's a total shit-show.




JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Quinn

Post by Umix10 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:41 pm

I agree with JMP, I’ve been saying this in a lot of threads. Miami’s deepest issue is the cap space that they put themselves into. Remember now the evidence is in the numbers. The top 11 salaries on Miami’s roster are Suh, Tannehill, Landry, Jones, Branch, Stills, Alonso, James, Pouncey, Wake, Timmons. 26,19, 16, 11, 10, 9.7, 9.6, 9.3, 9, 8.6, 8.2.. 11 Guys cost you 136.4 Million. 11 GUYS out of 53. 136.4out of 177 million. 77% of available cap space is used on 11 guys. I am not even talking about dead money or cap penalties. Im not even talking about the Robert Quinn addition either. If you add Quinn’s salary of 12mil. We are even more strapped. We would have to get rid of multiple players to cover that. Obviously some guys are gone but the money is still not there. With the current situation being what it is, its almost a forgone conclusion that there is no way Landry stays. Before the league season opens the dolphins have an estimated $41 mil in cap space left to cover 42 other guys. $29 Mil if you add Quinn’s salary. Seriously? how many teams have 41 players playing at less than 1mil per year? We are sooooo. Fucked
avatar
Umix10

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Waianae, Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Quinn

Post by JMP on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:57 am

Umix10 wrote:I agree with JMP, I’ve been saying this in a lot of threads.  Miami’s deepest issue is the cap space that they put themselves into.  Remember now the evidence is in the numbers.  The top 11 salaries on Miami’s roster are Suh, Tannehill, Landry, Jones, Branch, Stills, Alonso, James, Pouncey, Wake, Timmons.  26,19, 16, 11, 10, 9.7, 9.6, 9.3, 9, 8.6, 8.2..   11 Guys cost you 136.4 Million. 11 GUYS out of 53.  136.4out of 177 million.  77% of available cap space is used on 11 guys.  I am not even talking about dead money or cap penalties.  Im not even talking about the Robert Quinn addition either.  If you add Quinn’s salary of 12mil.  We are even more strapped.  We would have to get rid of multiple players to cover that.  Obviously some guys are gone but the money is still not there.  With the current situation being what it is, its almost a forgone conclusion that there is no way Landry stays.  Before the league season opens the dolphins have an estimated $41 mil in cap space left to cover 42 other guys. $29 Mil if you add Quinn’s salary. Seriously?  how many teams have 41 players playing at less than 1mil per year?  We are sooooo. Fucked

When you look at that salary distribution it's pretty easy to see why the depth on this team is complete garbage. But - there are probably a lot of teams that are top-heavy like that. The problem is, we're spending all this money on mostly mediocre players and getting nothing in return - and we're drafting crappy players like Isaac Asiata, Isaiah Ford, Thomas Duarte and Jordan Lucas, who aren't even good enough to be back-ups. I wouldn't have a problem with the salaries if we were actually winning. But a 16-17 record over 2 years with a blowout playoff loss isn't justifying that cap distribution.


JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Quinn

Post by Umix10 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:12 pm

It funny but the coach speak that get’s me going is not of the praise or “ we can do better “ speeches. It’s the one where he says “He’s (insert player here) done everything we’ve asked him to do while he’s been here”. WTF!!!!!!!LMAO. This is the one that has me rolling on the floor.

“C’mon Man”. If you really look into it. If Player A has done everything you’ve asked and we lose, could it possibly be that you are telling him to do the wrong thing?

Someone pass on this Mathmatical equation to Gase for me. Coaching = Wins, Losing = not Coaching.
avatar
Umix10

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Waianae, Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Quinn

Post by scotgif on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:17 pm

So, I guess they were telling kiko all year to be out of position to make tackles at the LOS, only make plays 10 yards past the LOS, not cover TE's and RB's so the other team can just matriculate the ball downfield at will. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.
avatar
scotgif

Posts : 409
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Sunrise, FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Quinn

Post by JMP on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:52 pm

scotgif wrote:So, I guess they were telling kiko all year to be out of position to make tackles at the LOS, only make plays 10 yards past the LOS, not cover TE's and RB's so the other team can just matriculate the ball downfield at will. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

Exactly! And apparently we're telling Charles Harris to not get any tackles or sacks...since Gase said he's done everything they asked!

Either Gase is lying when he says these stupid things, or he's so clueless that he actually believes them. Either way, it's bad.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Quinn

Post by Umix10 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:18 pm

JMP wrote:
scotgif wrote:So, I guess they were telling kiko all year to be out of position to make tackles at the LOS, only make plays 10 yards past the LOS, not cover TE's and RB's so the other team can just matriculate the ball downfield at will. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

Exactly! And apparently we're telling Charles Harris to not get any tackles or sacks...since Gase said he's done everything they asked!

Either Gase is lying when he says these stupid things, or he's so clueless that he actually believes them. Either way, it's bad.

Which brings me to my next point. If I do everything Gase asks me, I can sign for 16mil a year?
avatar
Umix10

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Waianae, Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Quinn

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum