The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truly lost rooting for this team.

+4
finfanatic
Degarmo
DolFan 316
JEGnj
8 posters

Go down

Truly lost rooting for this team.  Empty Truly lost rooting for this team.

Post by JEGnj Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:03 pm

I want to say I will always be a Fin's Fan and want to be able to actually enjoy a Championship if they ever win again after decades of suckage but how munch longer should we suffer? If everything goes according to plan for next season. We have a starting QB I can't stand and have no faith in. We have a coach that has shown he might not be able to compere with the big boys and scared to bring in anyone that might over shadow him. The FO is totally clueless. My favorite players are Landry and Suh and both could be gone. The starting WR will be a scumbag who kneeled and does not respect this Country. They just traded for a overpriced, hurt, and declining DE in a move most seem to hate. Our biggest need is a Franchise QB but in the draft they are stuck with a middle pick and will not aggressively move up to get a QB but probably sign a project backup position player. Honestly I don't even care about next season and the constant suckage is taking away my enjoyment of NFL football.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Truly lost rooting for this team.  Empty Re: Truly lost rooting for this team.

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:14 pm

The Quinn trade was the final straw for me. I think a part of my soul literally died when I read about it.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:55 pm

On the positive side, man, the NFL has never been a worse product to watch, so now's a good time to step away a bit.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:42 pm

I agree.

Goodell is a friggin idiot!

I sure have not missed giving up my Sunday Ticket.

I watched less NFL this season than ever before.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Just went to my 3rd Devil's game this season. 3-0. Enjoying Hockey.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:52 am

Hockey is the best sport out there right now, in my opinion. Go Panthers Smile

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:10 am

It is sad how one man can make something that once was so popular into something people don't even care about. CTE issue also hurt the NFL

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:51 am

Football is still the only sport I watch (college and NFL). I never liked basketball, but I was a HUGE Mets fan and Islanders fan growing up. I still keep an eye on baseball and hockey, but I rarely watch games anymore.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the NFL. The sport is watered down and there's a lot of off-field BS, but I still love watching the games. But, as I've said, it really is difficult to be a fan of the Miami Dolphins in 2018. I just don't have the same connection to the team that I had years ago.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:12 pm

The Yankees save me but the Fin's have drained the enjoyment out of watching football. I've gone to 3 hockey games this year and enjoy the young talent the Devil's and it's great to watch live games.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Live hockey is the best! I used to always go to a couple of Islanders games a year before they went to Brooklyn. That Brooklyn arena is terrible for hockey.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:51 pm

It's the same every year. We make a couple moves that the FO thinks will "put them over the top", but in actuality, just keep them further from that goal. They refuse to really build the team strategically through the draft and cherry pick one or two key FA's.

Instead they just seem to throw darts at the draft board and hope something sticks. Yes, they do get starters from the draft, but are they really quality players, or just starters because there is no one better on the roster?

They do not keep their home-grown talent that they actually do develop, (Miller, Vernon, Ajayii and now Landry). Instead they just repeat the same insanity year in and year out.

Yes, it is hard to stay a fan of this team. But, this year, just like countless in the past, here we will be bitching and moaning about the same shit we have complained about for years, "Damn, why can't we get a pass rush in crunch time, why can't we close out teams with running out the clock, why can't we stop teams when the game is on the line, why can't we protect the QB"?, and on and on and on.....................

Last edited by scotgif on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:58 pm

scotgif wrote:It's the same every year. We make a couple moves that the FO thinks will "put them over the top", but in actuality, just keep them further from that goal. They refuse to really build the team strategically through the draft and cherry pick one or two key FA's.

Instead they just seem to throw darts at the draft board and hope something sticks. Yes, they do get starters from the draft, but are they really quality players, or just starters because there is no one better on the roster?

They do not keep their home-grown talent that they actually do develop, (Miller, Vernon, Ajayii and now Landry). Instead they just repeat the same insanity year in and yer out.

Yes, it is hard to stay a fan of this team. But, this year, just like countless in the past, here we will be bitching and moaning about the same shit we have complained abut for years, "Damn, why can't we get a pass rush in crunch time, why can't we close out teams with running out the clock, why can't we stop teams when the game is on the line, why can't we protect the QB"?, and on and on and on.....................

Perfect post, scot.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:46 pm

We're just another shitty team now. There's no mystique anymore at all. Just another poorly-run joke with no hope of any real change in sight. The reason isn't because Ross is a moron. He genuinely doesn't give a shit. If he did, it'd get fixed. When a team really wants to fix things, they get fixed. These guys know what they're doing, but if they don't give a shit and can just use the team as a giant tax write-off, then fuck the fans. Peasant fuckers.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Pretty much what Degarmo just said.

I have trouble developing any enthusiasm for the NFL and it's been that way, really, ever since Parcells quit giving a damn after that 2008 season. Just not much reason to have any hope.

On the bright side, my Florida Atlantic Owls made the NCAA fun again this year, and Kiffin will be here at least one more year before a bigger school snares him. And, they're playing two games fairly close to me this year. So this fall won't be a total loss.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down