The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suh - May Be Released?!

+7
mercury22nathan
Degarmo
JEGnj
DolFan 316
rightchea
JMP
white1
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Suh - May Be Released?! Empty Suh - May Be Released?!

Post by white1 Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:37 am

Okay. This team I think is actually TRYING to demoralize its fan base.

From PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/07/report-dolphins-have-not-ruled-out-releasing-ndamukong-suh/

So let me get this straight:

- We have such a salary cap problem (#fakenews) that we just CAN'T STAND to keep Suh on the roster. Bullshit. The cap keeps going up every year, and just WAIT until you see the money Aaron Donald is about to get. Will make Suh's deal look close to the vet minimum.

- We have SO MUCH talent we can afford to dump by far our best defensive player. I would have said Jones, but he was lackluster last year and I'm not sure he'll have another season like he did a couple/few years ago. Wake used to be our guy, but he's on the decline.

- There are so many veterans we want to sign in free agency, it makes sense to dump Suh so we can clear the space needed. LOL! I could not keep a straight face typing that. The free agent crop this year SUCKS. In fact, other than the expensive contract, Suh may be the best free agent we've signed in the last 20 years.

- We have PLENTY OF options at DT to replace Suh, and we won't miss a beat at his position. EVEN WITH Suh our defensive line is average at best. Want to give all those snaps to Jordan Phillips and see how it goes? Yeah, me neither....

Seriously, WTF is it with this team? I've never witnessed a front office so eager to get rid of anyone that actually can play the game at a high level. In search of some, mythical "Perfect Player" that will cost nearly as much, and play about 50% worse.

Remember that game last season when Suh hurt the knee? He started limping towards the locker room, decided he would be OK and turned around to come back into the game? Yeah, he's pretty tough too, and seems to care about leading by example. Nah, DUMP HIM, DUMP HIM NOW!! Let that dead money pile up higher!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Suh - May Be Released?! Empty Re: Suh - May Be Released?!

Post by JMP Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:52 am

Every day, it gets worse. There's clearly no plan - just random bullshit moves. This team specializes in creating holes on the roster.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 pm

get rid of Suh would be the worst thing since he creates a huge hit on miami cap. 26million no way

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Remember that joke by me about starting an anti-Fins board that led to the Forum Civil War and this place being started? Doesn't seem like such a bad idea now, does it?

Sabotage is the only explanation for this. Mere incompetence doesn't even begin to make sense anymore.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Stupid.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:50 pm

rightchea wrote:get rid of Suh would be the worst thing since he creates a huge hit on miami cap. 26million no way

I read that if they designate him a June 1 cut they can push most or all of the cap hit back to next year, when we will supposedly have the space to take that hit. But regardless, it's a really stupid idea to cut him before his replacement is on the team.

We all know it's a bad contract - but it's done, so just keep him until it makes sense to cut him. By the way, we just added his former DL coach from Detroit...wouldn't it make sense to keep him and see if he can return to the level he was at when he played for that coach???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:00 am

I say restructure his contract or even trade him away and get something for it. it is pointless to just get rid of him without any compensation

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:56 pm

Yes, release him. There is no hope for winning anything at all in the next 3 years - minimum.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:44 am

Breaking: Dolphins could be releasing Ndamukong Suh today

https://phinphanatic.com/2018/03/12/breaking-dolphins-releasing-ndamukong-suh-today/

according to Jeff Darlington...

The plan is for Ndamukong Suh to be released as early as today as the Dolphins continue their attempt at a culture change – a plan that has purged arguably Miami’s three most talented players within last year. A lot riding on 2018.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/973204082713382912

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:46 am

Hyde reporting the same thing...

The Dolphins are expected to cut Ndamukong Suh on Wednesday at 4 p.m., the start of free agency, unless something changes, as the massive facelift on their team continues.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave-hyde-blog/fl-sp-hyde5-dolphins-questions-20180312-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DaveHyde-blog+%28Dave+Hyde+%7C+Sun+Sentinel+blogs%29

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:57 am

Just keep dumpaing the only talented players on the team and creating more holes. Great plan. Rolling Eyes

The cap hit for cutting Suh is massive, so we're going to have to dump a lot more players to get under the cap.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:13 am

Can't wait to see the smear campaign the team comes up with for Suh. Ajayi and Landry were tarred and feathered...let's see how they treat Suh.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:18 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/12/report-dolphins-will-release-ndamukong-suh/

PFT picked up the report.

Seriously, what the HELL is going on in Miami? Let's see how our abysmal defense performs when we subtract a Pro Bowl DT who is certainly our best player on that unit.

Plus, the horrible cap consequences crippling attempts to patch that hole.

Trying to continue on a serious note, are we planning to go after a veteran QB in free agency? I'm struggling to connect the dots.

OR is this a TRUE "rebuild" of the roster?

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21 am

JMP wrote:Can't wait to see the smear campaign the team comes up with for Suh.

its already begun.

Miami is going to clean out their locker room and try to create a better culture--the Landry trade is just the start.

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/972491974543523841

better culture? meaning - they want players that don't intimidate Gase.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:24 am

JMP wrote:The cap hit for cutting Suh is massive, so we're going to have to dump a lot more players to get under the cap.

according to the Herald, this move bring sizable relief to Miami's cap...

The Dolphins plan to cut him Wednesday under the June 1 designation, which would free up some $17 million in salary cap space. The Dolphins would not be able to use those resources until the summer.

Suh’s time in Miami seems to be over just three years after the Dolphins made him the highest paid defensive player in league history. He’s halfway through six-year, $114 million contract, but had massive salary cap obligations during the next two years. He was set to count $26.1 million against this year’s cap and $28.1 against next year’s — which puts him in line with elite quarterbacks, not defensive tackles.

The move saves the Dolphins some $36 million in cap space over the next two years.

People familiar with the team’s thinking have long suggested that Dolphins brass see Suh’s massive contract as an anchor around their financial necks.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article204668954.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:29 am

according to Beasley, this was the plan all along...

Suh's six-year, $114 million contract was really a three-year, $60 million contract. His production for $20M per year: 181 tackles, 15.5 sacks, one winning season, zero playoff wins.

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/973214991351300098

truth or revisionist history?

the only question now - have Miami learned its lesson or are they freeing all this cap room just to turn around and throw it away again on high-priced FA cast-offs?

i've heard under the radar rumbles that the Landry and Suh moves are being made to put Miami in the K. Cousins race...that couldn't be true could it?

i think Tannebaum is addicted to the idea of chasing big name FA. once the contract is done, the thrill is gone. he gets off on the process.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:40 am

The plan is for Ndamukong Suh to be released as early as today as the Dolphins continue their attempt at a culture change – a plan that has purged arguably Miami’s three most talented players within last year. A lot riding on 2018

I don't get that last part I put in bold. A LOT riding on 2018?! The way we are dumping talent, with no viable replacement on the horizon, 2018 is looking to me like a total throw away year.

On a related note, why haven't we cut Pouncey yet? Does it make sense to hold on to a veteran center who is always hurt, when we are dumping healthy, productive players like Landry and Suh? Just another head scratcher. Brendel looks fine to me, if we are in total tear down mode, then why not pencil him in as the new starter?

i've heard under the radar rumbles that the Landry and Suh moves are being made to put Miami in the K. Cousins race...that couldn't be true could it?

I was thinking something similar. The QBs seem to be the only guys worth chasing for big money this year. So if we are clearing space, it's not a bad theory we are planning to go after one aggressively.

Could the Tannehill era be ending?

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:52 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:The cap hit for cutting Suh is massive, so we're going to have to dump a lot more players to get under the cap.

according to the Herald, this move bring sizable relief to Miami's cap...

The Dolphins plan to cut him Wednesday under the June 1 designation, which would free up some $17 million in salary cap space. The Dolphins would not be able to use those resources until the summer.

Suh’s time in Miami seems to be over just three years after the Dolphins made him the highest paid defensive player in league history. He’s halfway through six-year, $114 million contract, but had massive salary cap obligations during the next two years. He was set to count $26.1 million against this year’s cap and $28.1 against next year’s — which puts him in line with elite quarterbacks, not defensive tackles.

The move saves the Dolphins some $36 million in cap space over the next two years.

People familiar with the team’s thinking have long suggested that Dolphins brass see Suh’s massive contract as an anchor around their financial necks.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article204668954.html

According to sportrac:

If we cut Suh before March 18:
2018 Dead Cap: $22,200,000
2018 Cap Savings: $3,900,000

If we designate Suh a June 1 cut:
2018 Dead Cap: $17,600,000
2019 Dead Cap: $13,100,000
2018 Cap Savings: $8,500,000

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:59 am

white1 wrote:
The plan is for Ndamukong Suh to be released as early as today as the Dolphins continue their attempt at a culture change – a plan that has purged arguably Miami’s three most talented players within last year. A lot riding on 2018

I don't get that last part I put in bold.  A LOT riding on 2018?! The way we are dumping talent, with no viable replacement on the horizon, 2018 is looking to me like a total throw away year.

On a related note, why haven't we cut Pouncey yet? Does it make sense to hold on to a veteran center who is always hurt, when we are dumping healthy, productive players like Landry and Suh? Just another head scratcher.  Brendel looks fine to me, if we are in total tear down mode, then why not pencil him in as the new starter?

It does look like a throwaway year, but at the same time, it should be a make or break year for Tannenbaum, Grier and Gase. If this is the direction they're headed in, it better damn well work - because if it doesn't they need to get the axe.

Gase is dumping good/great players that he doesn't like, and chances are we'll replace them with downgrades. And yes - Pouncey needs to go if we're dumping productive players. But of course, Gase loves Pouncey, so he gets to stay.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:27 pm

I say trade his a$$ and get a draft pick from it. Ross and the whole front office is trying to make sure that Miami doesn't have a team next year or any year after that. For the fan base I see people outside chanting Ross need to quit.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:31 pm

JMP wrote:According to sportrac:

If we cut Suh before March 18:
2018 Dead Cap: $22,200,000
2018 Cap Savings: $3,900,000

If we designate Suh a June 1 cut:
2018 Dead Cap: $17,600,000
2019 Dead Cap: $13,100,000
2018 Cap Savings: $8,500,000

not sure who to believe, but Mando says this frees up money, but does carry some dead cap...

They will save $17 million dollars in cap space while carrying $9.1 million in dead money.

What does that mean? The cutting of Suh will not be a boon immediately. It won’t factor until after June 1 and the team will carry Suh’s $26 million cap charge until then.

But the Dolphins are certain they have enough salary cap space now to do business in free agency when it begins on Wednesday. And the Suh windfall will be used to sign the draft class after June 1 and carry the rest into the season.

As it is, the Dolphins will carry $13 million in dead money from the Suh deal in 2019.

and they couldn't trade him even if they found a partner...

Why didn’t the Dolphins trade Suh? That’s the obvious one.

It’s as simple as this: If the Dolphins had traded Suh, a full $22 million of his scheduled $26 million cap figure would remain on the books this season. The team decided that’s too much to carry.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article204707034.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Landry, unfortunately was the scapegoat for years of money mismanagement. The Dolphins signed too many mediocre players to elite level contracts. Landry being traded had more to do with money then his attitude and especially not his performance.

The interesting thing is that if Miami kept Landry. I am 100% certain that Suh would have been restructured even though it's not the best thing to do. By letting Suh go, Miami, IMHO, is going to do the one and only thing they can do right now......Get the Salaries under control. I honestly expect Tannehill to be released during training camp. I think Miami almost certainly will draft next years QB. I think they cut Wake and Pouncey next year.

If they do nothing in free agency, and I mean only sign 2nd tier players, then my theory would be confirmed. If they go and pay big money for someone, then the Landry and Suh moves would be a colossal fail.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Umix10 wrote:Landry, unfortunately was the scapegoat for years of money mismanagement.  The Dolphins signed too many mediocre players to elite level contracts.  Landry being traded had more to do with money then his attitude and especially not his performance.  

The interesting thing is that if Miami kept Landry. I am 100% certain that Suh would have been restructured even though it's not the best thing to do.  By letting Suh go, Miami, IMHO, is going to do the one and only thing they can do right now......Get the Salaries under control.  I honestly expect Tannehill to be released during training camp.  I think Miami almost certainly will draft next years QB.  I think they cut Wake and Pouncey next year.  

If they do nothing in free agency, and I mean only sign 2nd tier players,  then my theory would be confirmed.  If they go and pay big money for someone, then the Landry and Suh moves would be a colossal fail.

I disagree on Landry. Getting rid of him was all about Gase not liking him, for whatever reason. The Phins never showed any real interest in signing him to a long-term deal.

Supposedly the team asked Suh to restructure, and he said no. So they cut him.

As far as Tannehill - I still thik the Phins keep him, and I'm not expecting them to do anything meaningful at QB. But, we'll see. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:45 pm

This is what I expected, and at this point there's no reason to keep Suh.

It does not matter who we have at QB this year or next year.

Consider this. With no more moves, Wake is just about done, Pouncey is done, we need at least 2 linebackers, two offensive guards, possibly a tackle, definitely a center, a power running back to pair with Drake, two starting-quality wide receivers, a free safety, at LEAST one pass rusher, another couple good defensive tackles and a unicorn to become a good team.

That's not getting done in 2 years, let alone 1.

This move doesn't make me feel bad, but it doesn't make me happy either.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Getting rid of all the great players but refuse to replace the lousy QB they can't build around. I'm so done with this team.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next