Dolphins re-structure

Go down

Dolphins re-structure

Post by CarsonChris on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:56 am

My honest take on this re-structure is Miami is cleaning house and going into complete rebuild mode. My round 1 prediction is now QB. Miami let’s Tannehill play this year while the rookie sits. We tank so badly we get next years first pick and fill it with a lineman to block for our sophomore QB. Tannehill will be gone next year. Hopefully he nets us a draft pick. I think a replacement center is our top target next year. Look for DT round 2. Third round we will look for a FS. Round 4 we target a slot receiver. That’s my new take on the Phons

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dolphins re-structure

Post by Degarmo on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:47 am

Building through the draft is great, but you rarely hit on the majority of your picks.  Normally, if you get 4 starters out of a draft you've done extremely well.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, if we get 3 solid guys a year, it's gonna take 3 years.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:33 am

The problem is that the housecleaning doesn't extend to the head coach, GM and especially the VP of Operations. You're still going to have the same guys picking players.

While 2016's draft looks a little better with Howard and Drake coming on late last year, we haven't had anyone picked in two years who made an immediate impact and 2017 looks highly suspect as a whole (Godchaux and Tankersley might be good in time).

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 am

The problem with Howard is that he's really only had two stand-out games in his 2-year career.  He needs to get more consistent, and needs to get more INTs.

And Godchaux has to prove that he can make plays when he doesn't have Suh getting double-teamed next to him.  Considering he didn't make all that many plays even with Suh, I'm not convinced.

Again, the draft issue is that we just can't seem to find impact players, and the few good players we do get take a long time to develop.

Last edited by JMP on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 am

The problem with Howard is that he's really only had two stand-out games in his 2-year career. He needs to get more consistent, and needs to get more INTs.

And Godchaux has to prove that he can make plays when he doesn't have Suh getting double-teamed next to him. Considering he edidn't make all that many plays even with Suh, I'm not convinced.

Again, the draft issue is that we just can't seem to find impact players, and the few good players we do get take a long time to develop.

All valid points. Considering the current state of the team, here is my take:

1. Yes, Howard needs to play more consistently, and he needs to get some more turnovers. However, he's still young and developing, so I am interested to see how he plays in 2017 and beyond. I would probably not call him a "problem" at this point in his career. I expect improvement and I think we'll see it, otherwise he's gone after his rookie deal expires.

2. Godchaux flashed enough that I'd be willing to see him penciled in as a starter. I hope he's working hard this offseason, because physically he will need to hold up to much more punishment with Suh gone. I see a rotation of Phillips, Godchaux and Taylor for the time being - perhaps we will add one more DT or there's one already here I'm forgetting about. IN THEORY, I agree with playing cheaper DTs and spending money on the Defensive Ends. Quinn helps, but we're far from "great" at that position.

3. I haven't heard an answer or read an explanation on why this team fails to find impact players in the draft. Landry being the last example, and even he wasn't a prototypical WR you'd hope to find. Parker, for example, would be prototypical if he had actually panned out. Which I don't expect, not at this point. Guys like Howard, Tankersley, Ajayi, Drake, maybe Grant or even Godchaux give me SOME HOPE that we can find our way out of the draft problems we've had for so long. But it's not a lot of hope to go on. Just scraps, really. We must draft better, or this regime is doomed. Period.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:50 pm

white1 wrote:3.  I haven't heard an answer or read an explanation on why this team fails to find impact players in the draft.  Landry being the last example, and even he wasn't a prototypical WR you'd hope to find.  Parker, for example, would be prototypical if he had actually panned out.  Which I don't expect, not at this point.  Guys like Howard, Tankersley, Ajayi, Drake, maybe Grant or even Godchaux give me SOME HOPE that we can find our way out of the draft problems we've had for so long.  But it's not a lot of hope to go on.  Just scraps, really.  We must draft better, or this regime is doomed.  Period.

Dude, come on now. You know *exactly* why. It's the scouts. They're the reason this team keeps having the same kind of horrible drafts for 20 years or so despite changing coaches, GMs and even owners. The scouts are the only common denominator left. I guarantee at least some of them have been with the Fins since the last century.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down