Jones re-structures

Go down

Jones re-structures

Post by mercury22nathan on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:53 am

Source: the Dolphins have restructured the contract of S Reshad Jones, creating ~$6.6M in cap space. Jones dropped his base salary from $9.375M to $970,000, while also getting a $4.05M signing bonus. He still will collect the same amount of money in the end, helps the team now.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/973892087878946816

this seems like good news.

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jones re-structures

Post by JMP on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:12 am

We just signed Jones to an extension last year, and now it has to be restructured already. Same crap every year. We sign guys to terrible contracts, and then the next year have to restructure them again. Ugh. It never ends. Sure, it's nice to get the additional cap space now, but it just prolongs the inevitable payout and hurts the team down the road. More money pushed back to future years...this team never learns.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:14 am

you have to pay the player or you going to end up like Seahawks. they lost at least 4 of their starters already

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:23 am

My question is why the rush to create so much more cap space?

I really don't want to see us "break the bank" in free agency. With so much focus on creating more and more space, I feel like there is a high priced target the team has fixated on. Perusing the "PFT Top 100 FAs":
Are we going to sign Nate Solder and kick Tunsil inside to guard? Are we going to sign AJ McCarron? I'm reaching, I just can't make sense of it.

Stop giving out these huge deals to players other teams have dumped!

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:35 am

white1 wrote:My question is why the rush to create so much more cap space?

I really don't want to see us "break the bank" in free agency.  With so much focus on creating more and more space, I feel like there is a high priced target the team has fixated on. Perusing the "PFT Top 100 FAs":
Are we going to sign Nate Solder and kick Tunsil inside to guard? Are we going to sign AJ McCarron? I'm reaching, I just can't make sense of it.

Stop giving out these huge deals to players other teams have dumped!

Yeah, it is strange...especially considering that many of the top FAs are already off the market. I have no idea what the plan is.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:47 am

I'm starting to get a bad feeling, because we always get fleeced on trades.

After thinking more about the free agents (apparently Solder is going to NY so that's out), this makes no sense.

I think the team is lining up the resources to do a "trade and sign" with some player they covet.

I wonder who...

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:36 pm

[quote="JMP"]
white1 wrote:My question is why the rush to create so much more cap space?

I have no idea what the plan is.

the Palm Beach Post is speculating that Miami is gearing up to approach the Eagles (again) about a trade for Mychal Kendricks.

Kendricks is coming off a strong season but figures to be a salary cap casualty after the Eagles re-signed Nigel Bradham to a five-year, $40 million deal Tuesday. That makes Kendricks a candidate to be released or traded.

Considering the Dolphins need linebacker help and have a great business relationship with Philadelphia, Kendricks is worth a long look. As of now, Miami’s top linebackers are Kiko Alonso coming off an uneven season and Raekwon McMillan coming off a torn ACL. Kendricks would round out that group much better than a bargain free agent signing.

While the Dolphins could wait to see if he hits the open market, they could secure him with a trade, and it’s hard to imagine it taking more than a late-round draft pick to get a deal done.

Kendricks, 27, is scheduled to carry a cap hit of $7.6 million this season and $8.6 million in 2019. He might very well be worth it considering how he played last year and how badly the Dolphins have struggled to find good linebackers.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/03/14/philadelphia-eagles-lb-mychal-kendricks-could-be-key-target-for-miami-dolphins/

not sure of this based on anything they've heard or just making stuff up.

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down