Tannehill restructures

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Tannehill restructures

Post by Umix10 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Considering Tannebaum is not the GM. I agree he is the worst.

I don’t think the GM position exists in the Dolphins organization because of Tannebaum. I think they just pay Grier to say “Yes, It’s my fault, I made all the bad personnel moves” and “I’m in charge of personnel decisions when Tannebaum doesn’t say anything”
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:21 pm

Umix10 wrote:Considering Tannebaum is not the GM. I agree he is the worst.  

I don’t think the GM position exists in the Dolphins organization because of Tannebaum.  I think they just pay Grier to say “Yes, It’s my fault, I made all the bad personnel moves” and “I’m in charge of personnel decisions when Tannebaum doesn’t say anything”

Yep. Considering Grier has been with the team for a very long time and has been on board for some horrific drafts, I wouldn't trust him with anything.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:32 pm

And Stormy Daniels isn't Trump's wife, but she fucked him good . . . might be about to do it again.

Either way, everyone's fucked in Dolfan land.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:51 pm

Honestly, I would have preferred to have signed Bridgewater to that one year, $5 million with potentially $10 million more in incentives that the Jests signed him to. He's not much more of a health risk than Tanny, he's 5 years younger, and he still has upside if he's healthy.

But....'Fins gonna Fin.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:14 am

Bridgewater would have been a good signing in my opinion. Although the Vikings are better defensively, i think that we could build around him. I don’t think that he would have the kind of success early on but he would certainly would have been a good player to build around.
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:45 am

JMP wrote:Yep.  Considering Grier has been with the team for a very long time and has been on board for some horrific drafts, I wouldn't trust him with anything.

Literally almost as soon as Grier left the Pats, that's when they became good. He left them after the '99 season to join the Fins, and they win the title in '01 and haven't stopped being good since while the Fins' drafts have been hot garbage burning in a dumpster fire this entire century. I cannot make this stuff up.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:31 pm

DF316 wrote:....while the Fins' drafts have been hot garbage burning in a dumpster fire this entire century. I cannot make this stuff up.

Laughing Laughing

You couldn't just say a DUMPSTER FIRE? No, you had to throw in the epithet of hot garbage also. And then set it on fire. In a dumpster.

But when you are right, you are right.

You would think they would EFF UP by accident and get a Pro Bowler just once in a decade or so?

finfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Well, while he missed on most of his picks, Hickey did come up with a Pro Bowler in each of his two drafts, Landry and Ajayi.

This unprecedented success rate (at least, unprecedented since the late 1990s) was completely unacceptable for a Fins' GM, and so, he had to go. Not that I'm championing him as "great", or anything, just noting that our 7th choice in 2014 turned out to be the best one we've chosen in two decades. :-(

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:54 pm

I agree Hal.

SO, you are saying Landry and Ajayi were the accidental good picks and we can return to our regularly scheduled epic fail drafting?

Shocked

Hickey was let go when Ross installed Tannenbaum, right?

finfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:05 pm

finfanatic wrote:You couldn't just say a DUMPSTER FIRE? No, you had to throw in the epithet of hot garbage also. And then set it on fire. In a dumpster.

But when you are right, you are right.

You would think they would EFF UP by accident and get a Pro Bowler just once in a decade or so?

FF, you should know by now that I never do anything halfway. We poodles have our standards Wink Cool

finfanatic wrote:I agree Hal.

SO, you are saying Landry and Ajayi were the accidental good picks and we can return to our regularly scheduled epic fail drafting?

Shocked

Hickey was let go when Ross installed Tannenbaum, right?

And who could Gase not get rid of quickly enough??? Landry and Ajayi, of course! Yet more proof of a conspiracy, I tells ya! Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2