BREAKING: Mike Pouncey to be released!!

Go down

BREAKING: Mike Pouncey to be released!!

Post by JMP on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:12 pm

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

More changes coming in Miami: Dolphins center Mike Pouncey has requested his released and Miami is expected to grant it today, per source. Moving on from Pouncey, Ndamukong Suh, Jarvis Landry.

Joe Schad‏
@schadjoe

Mike Pouncey just clarified for me. He wants a release because the team did not want to do a longer-team deal. "I know my career isn’t over," Pouncey said.

WOW!!! Did not see this coming. Hopefully we can sign a real guard and then Brendel and Larsen can compete for the starting center spot.

Craziest Dolphins offseason ever??? It's gotta be up there.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BREAKING: Mike Pouncey to be released!!

Post by JMP on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Joe Schad
@schadjoe

Mike Pouncey declined to take a pay cut. "I gave this city everything I had," Pouncey told me. "I’m heartbroken."

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:35 pm

This is the move lots of us wanted. This should have been done at least two years ago. Wish him well. After all, it is a business. They wanted to pay him less, he refused. His right. This guy could have been one of the all-time greats, if he could stay healthy. He'll probably return to his former all-pro abilities when he plays for the pats.
scotgif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:48 pm

He not what he used to be. out for more than half a year and is not worth the money I wish him well. Miami will now need to find a center in FA or at least someone that can play the role. Miami has a lot of holes to fill all of a sudden.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:54 pm

rightchea wrote:Miami will now need to find a center in FA or at least someone that can play the role.

Larsen is a better center than guard IMO, so we can plug him in and/or let him compete with Brendel. I don't think we need to add a new center at this point.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Rooting for Brendel. Like that guy.
scotgif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:03 pm

in related news...

The Miami Dolphins today announced they have acquired center Daniel Kilgore and a 2018 seventh-round pick (227th overall) from San Francisco in exchange for a 2018 seventh-round pick (223rd overall).

Kilgore is entering his eighth NFL season after playing the previous seven years (2011-17) for San Francisco. He’s appeared in 74 career games with 39 starts, all at center. Kilgore started all 16 games in 2017

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/press-releases/article-1/Miami-Dolphins-Trade-For-Kilgore/9c19a922-74cb-462c-b414-c9facc7b07b3

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:08 pm

sounds like a win to me and he is cheaper on the pockets as well

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:12 pm

JMP wrote:Craziest Dolphins offseason ever???  It's gotta be up there.

yes i think its pretty close.  remember when JJ took over and shipped out all the verterans?  of course he replaced them with guys like JT, Zach and Madison.  i think its about time the Phins cleaned house and re-created the roster, hopefully the right way - through the draft.  my only question?  why did this regime wait until year 3?  if they were gonna tear it town and re-build with their guys and their culture, why didn't Gase do this from day 1?

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Well, on the other hand can’t complain they didn’t try with existing players.

Something has been really broken with this team. Maybe these moves help?

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:22 pm

I'm not sure we needed Kilgore, but it's a decent move. Basically got him for nothing.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:57 pm

It's early in the season and Miami has certainly made a lot of moves thus far with more to come.  I've been saying all along that the team roster is hampered by contracts that are much to expensive.  Although there is concern that Miami has got rid of playmakers and talent, I can actually see a direction evolving.

I don't like the coaching staff nor the Front office, but I am encouraged that at the very least the next staff will get to work with a nice chunk of change and a new QB. Hopefully!

Retaining James is the only move that I don't quite understand. He has a cap hit of 9.3mil and hasn't played in a full season the last 2 years. I would have rather they cut him or traded him. Sterup or Davis would have much cheaper options.
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Umix10 wrote:It's early in the season and Miami has certainly made a lot of moves thus far with more to come.  I've been saying all along that the team roster is hampered by contracts that are much to expensive.  Although there is concern that Miami has got rid of playmakers and talent, I can actually see a direction evolving.

I don't like the coaching staff nor the Front office, but I am encouraged that at the very least the next staff will get to work with a nice chunk of change and a new QB. Hopefully!

Retaining James is the only move that I don't quite understand.  He has a cap hit of 9.3mil and hasn't played in a full season the last 2 years.  I would have rather they cut him or traded him.  Sterup or Davis would have much cheaper options.

I don't know that I see a new direction, other than trying to improve the "culture" - whatever that means.

On the plus side, the OL should be better which in turn should help Tannehill and the rest of the offense. But we'll see...I don't like the offensive coaching staff and I still expect the offense to revolve around bubble screens, so not sure how much will actually change.

We haven't done anything to fix the defense yet, other than adding a couple of new coaches and Robert Quinn. I think a lot more work needs to be done on that side of the ball.

I think it's really strange that we added two slot receivers. I'm also trying to figure out why we now have 5 expensive DEs, 4 of whom have spent their careers at right DE. Also not sure we needed to add another center.

Meanwhile, we have no TEs, and DT looks VERY concerning without Suh...so those are the two big areas to address moving forward. I would add LB to that list, but something tells me the Phins aren't going to add any significant pieces at LB.

Still a long offseason ahead of us. The Phins have made tons of changes...not sure they're any better than they were, but at least they are shaking things up. My real interest is the draft - I want to see if we can finally come up with some impact players instead of JAG starters.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:24 pm

so i guess all that talking Gase did about Pouncey being the best o-linemen was a load of crap after all.

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:42 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:so i guess all that talking Gase did about Pouncey being the best o-linemen was a load of crap after all.

There's that.....and that he said he wanted Landry to be here. Let's not forget he told Sims the same thing last year. I thought Sims at the right price would have been a good asset. Turns out he would have been a much better player then Thomas. Blocking wise.
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:24 pm

I'm happy that they made the move, but if we're looking for reasons other than the obvious, he was a locker room leader. Philbin hated those guys too.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:14 pm

I would like if miami would trade him and at least got something from it

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:53 pm

I don’t see getting anything for Pouncey. His injury history and declining play doesn’t warrant the effort. If we(the stupidest team in the NFL) won’t pay the guy 9mil, i don’t see anyone else jumping in. We for sure don’t need another 7th rounder.
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Pouncey signed a 2-year deal with the Chargers. Considering their OL is always riddled with injuries, year after year, he should fit right in!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:23 pm

I honestly don’t see him making it to the second year of that contract
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:02 am

Yeah. I don't wish him any ill will.... but those hips. They just aren't going to hold up.

Good move I think. We got cheaper, a veteran, and should not experience much of a dropoff (if any) at Center.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down