The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teams that Miami can trade with during draft

+2
JMP
rightchea
6 posters

Go down

Teams that Miami can trade with during draft Empty Teams that Miami can trade with during draft

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Alright everyone this is what I would do it I was Miami GM/coach. Also if I was Miami GM, Miami wouldn't missed all these playoffs/superbowls....but anyway here some of the teams that I know still need a QB and could use the 11th pick to help them.

Bills - 12th pick
Redskins - 13th pick
Cardinals - 15th pick
Chargers - 17th pick - yes the Chargers. Rivers is getting old and not making plays like he use too
Bengals - 21st - Dalton is done and needs to have some competition.
Bills - 22nd - The Bills don't have a QB

There are six chances that Miami could trade with other teams to add picks. If Gase and Tannebaum want fans to stay confident in this team they need to do something unexpected.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Teams that Miami can trade with during draft Empty Re: Teams that Miami can trade with during draft

Post by JMP Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:14 pm

It's very hard for me to figure out what this Dolphins' staff will do in the draft.  They have the philosophy of filling every single hole in free agency (a philosophy I do not agree with), so it's difficult to see where a rookie player would fit in.  I hate the idea of drafting a player in round one that will begin as a backup (unless it's a QB), but that's exactly what the Phins set up for.

Anyway, right now there's only two positions where we don't have a cear-cut starter: TE and RB.  At TE we have Derby and Gray, and I don't think the Phins think too highly of Gray.  Definitely need a starter and a blocking TE.  At RB, we have Drake and nothing else.  We need a back that can complement Drake, preferably someone bigger that might even take the starting job.

Yes, the OL still needs help, but it looks like we've got the starters set.  DT looks like a major need IMO, but I think the Phins believe they are set with Phillips/Godchaux/Taylor. LB is a big hole, but the Phins are set (in their eyes) with Alonso and McMillan as the primary starters, and then they have Anthony for passing downs and Allen to fill in.  I hate the safety situation, but there are already two starters locked up long-term.  CB seems underwhelming to me, but again, it looks like the team is set.  Backup QB is a need, but the team loves Fales and Doughty so I don't expect a high pick.

I love the idea of drafting Best Player Available, but on the Phins I'm not sure it makes sense with almost all of the starting jobs taken.  Are you going to draft a Vita Vea, Derwin James or Roquan Smith and then not play them much as rookies???  Not sure that makes sense.

So what do the Phins do in round one???  I have no friggin' idea.  I'm usually against trading down when you're picking as high as 11, because you should be able to get an impact player there.  But again, it seems like almost any position the Phins could go with at 11 will be a backup position...so maybe it is worth trading down and then taking a TE or RB?  I'd probably rather trade with the Bengals or Chargers in that case.  No way I'm trading with the Bills...#11 really doesn't help them, but even if it did I'm not helping them get their future QB!!!

Last edited by JMP on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Teams that Miami can trade with during draft Empty Re: Teams that Miami can trade with during draft

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:37 pm

If the LB from VT is there, I'd snag him.

If the Guard from Notre Dame is there, I'd snag him.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Degarmo wrote:If the LB from VT is there, I'd snag him.

Nelson could play LG and then Sitton could move to RG, where he played a lot earlier in his career I think. That would work!

But LB...I don't know. As much as I hate our LB situation, I'm not sure the Phins agree. My guess is they are happy with what they have. Personally, I'd love to draft a LB that could send Alonso to the bench - but the team seems seem to have a man-crush on Kiko.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:21 pm

JMP wrote:

Nelson could play LG and then Sitton could move to RG, where he played a lot earlier in his career I think.  That would work!

But LB...I don't know.  As much as I hate our LB situation, I'm not sure the Phins agree.  My guess is they are happy with what they have.  Personally, I'd love to draft a LB that could send Alonso to the BEACH TO RETIRE AND EAT MANGOES OUT IN THE WATER ALL DAY WITH THE OTHER ELDERLY CUBAN MEN - but the team seems seem to have a man-crush on Kiko.

That's what I heard in my head when I read your post Very Happy

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Degarmo wrote:
JMP wrote:

Nelson could play LG and then Sitton could move to RG, where he played a lot earlier in his career I think.  That would work!

But LB...I don't know.  As much as I hate our LB situation, I'm not sure the Phins agree.  My guess is they are happy with what they have.  Personally, I'd love to draft a LB that could send Alonso to the BEACH TO RETIRE AND EAT MANGOES OUT IN THE WATER ALL DAY WITH THE OTHER ELDERLY CUBAN MEN - but the team seems seem to have a man-crush on Kiko.

Get out of my head, dammit! Wink

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:06 am

I really have a feeling that Miami will draft a QB this year in the first round. sad to say it but Gase and Tannebaum are predictable

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:06 pm

rightchea wrote:I really have a feeling that Miami will draft a QB this year in the first round. sad to say it but Gase and Tannebaum are predictable

I don't see it. They are committed to Tannehill and they are setting up this team to try to win now.

Meanwhile, the Jets traded up to #3 so they can get a QB. Guess they were scared that the Bills would make the jump first.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:17 pm

JMP wrote:
Degarmo wrote:
JMP wrote:

Get out of my head, dammit!   Wink

It's in my head too.

The Kiko Alonso thing is amazing to me. He's made a couple of plays to win a game or two, which is really great, no doubt, but shit, Steve Emtman made a play or two to win a game.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:27 pm

I've read opinions where the Giants seriously consider him at #2 overall. Will never happen, but it illustrates how highly he is regarded. No possible way he falls to us.

Then again, we would have said the same about Tunsil....
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:51 pm

I think there's still teams that wouldn't touch an interior lineman in the top half of the draft. But, all it takes is one team to fall in love with Nelson. I doubt he gets to 11, but you never know.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:10 pm

I don't like the idea of going OL at 11. You can always get quality in lower rounds, although our track record is not good, to say the least with this option. I like taking impact-skill position-game-changing players especially in the top of the 1st round. plus, we have plugged a couple OL holes so far. Let's go playmaking LB, TE or DE with 11.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:53 pm

white1 wrote:

I've read opinions where the Giants seriously consider him at #2 overall.  Will never happen, but it illustrates how highly he is regarded.  No possible way he falls to us.

Then again, we would have said the same about Tunsil....

Working on my Photoshop draft position killer pic of him doing blow with a Las Vegas hooker as we speak.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:54 pm

scotgif wrote:I don't like the idea of going OL at 11. You can always get quality in lower rounds, although our track record is not good, to say the least with this option. I like taking impact-skill position-game-changing players especially in the top of the 1st round. plus, we have plugged a couple OL holes so far. Let's go playmaking LB, TE or DE with 11.

I agree with you 100 percent, except for this guy.  He's a beast and about as sure of a thing that's ever come down the draft turnpike.  I mean if you can get a Larry Little or a Jerry Kramer in the first round, I'd be one that would like to get them, because great OL players can make meh running backs look great, and a QB with an extra 1.5 seconds looks like a franchise player.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Degarmo wrote:The Kiko Alonso thing is amazing to me.  He's made a couple of plays to win a game or two, which is really great, no doubt, but shit, Steve Emtman made a play or two to win a game.

You just HAD to bring up that Colts game from '92 didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?!?! Evil or Very Mad

Literally the only thing of any significance Emtman does his entire NFL career and of course it's against the Fins. And of course the Fins sign him in '95 and he never does jack.

Still one of the single most disgusting, revolting and downright nauseating plays I have ever witnessed in the NFL.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:08 am

I was at that game. I wanted to puke.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down