The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bills wanting to trade up!!!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Bills wanting to trade up!!!!!!! Empty Bills wanting to trade up!!!!!!!

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:02 pm

The Bills have two picks in the draft and Miami would benefit from either one of those picks plus another pick or two.....

TYLER CONWAY wrote:Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane is reportedly "trying like hell" to continue moving up in this month's draft in hopes of selecting a franchise quarterback.

"Brandon is trying like hell to get up and get a quarterback," a general manager told Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports. "I'm convinced he'll trade up twice more if he has to. It reminds me of (Eagles general manager) Howie (Roseman) a few years ago (when he was moving up to land Carson Wentz)."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2767930-2018-nfl-draft-rumors-bills-trying-like-hell-to-trade-up-to-take-qb

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Bills wanting to trade up!!!!!!! Empty Re: Bills wanting to trade up!!!!!!!

Post by JMP Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:47 am

I would NEVER trade with the Bills. Why help them get their franchise QB? We already did that for the Eagles.

The Bills have really put themselves in great position to improve their team in this draft.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:43 am

Well, the chances that ALL of these QBs are gonna be HOFers is teeny tiny IMHO.

I'd say there is a good chance some of these QBs are gonna be Big Ol'Busteroonies is just about as likely as one of them being a HOFer.

If the Bills give me what I consider a good deal, I would move down in a heartbeat.

That is DRAFT LOGIC, and for most teams it would be a good idea, but with he Phins, who couldn't draft well if they could see the future, it will not matter IMO.

SIGH

I guess we can assume the Nathan Peterman experiment in Buffalo is over?
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:42 am

I'd trade with them for the right value, no question.

Best fit would be for us to trade # 11 (1250 pts) and a 7th to Buffalo for # 22 (780), # 53 (370) and # 96 (116).

I'd do that, no question. Bills with 11 and 12 overall would have enough ammo to trade up; Fins would then have five of the top 96 picks. We need a lot of help. Good deal for both teams.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 pm

finfanatic wrote:Well, the chances that ALL of these QBs are gonna be HOFers is teeny tiny IMHO.

I'd say there is a good chance some of these QBs are gonna be Big Ol'Busteroonies is just about as likely as one of them being a HOFer.

You have no idea how right you are. Three QBs from the same draft panning out is very rare indeed. '04 and '83 are the only examples I can think of. And in both drafts at least one of those QBs wasn't even selected in the top ten.

http://www.footballperspective.com/how-long-does-it-take-qbs-selected-in-the-top-10-to-first-start/

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:38 pm

BTW I'm actually looking forward to how badly the Fins will screw up this draft. Not that I'll watch of course but the reactions here will tell me all I need to know Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:55 pm

Again, I'm not helping the Bills. If they want to make a trade on day 3, I'll listen - but I'm just not giving them ammo to get a QB.

Furthermore, we are in position to get a pretty damn good player at 11...I'm not trading down with any team under any circumstance, not even one spot. This Dolphins' team needs impact players, and I'm staying at 11 and taking one - period.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:59 pm

I'll genuinely be shocked if Tannenbaum doesn't give up next year's entire draft to trade up to #9 or so. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:12 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I'll genuinely be shocked if Tannenbaum doesn't give up next year's entire draft to trade up to #9 or so. Seriously.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. He's not happy unless he's trading picks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:45 pm

Might help the Bills, and then again it might not.  I remember in 2004 when there was some resistance to the idea I floated of accepting their trade up that Dallas eventually took, getting Buffalo's 2nd rounder in 2004 (43), 5th rounder in 2004, and the Bills first rounder in 2005, all for moving down from 22 to 43 so the Bills could grab.....J. P. Losman.

I don't think Dallas helped Buffalo all that much. Smile

For sure, I'd take a deal like that with us needing lots and lots of help.  That said, I have little confidence that our crew would make good use of that draft haul.

Dallas did fairly well with it, getting Julius Jones in 2004 and Marcus Spears in 2005 with the prime picks received.  Both ended up being solid, if unspectacular, starters for several years.

A trade down from 11 to 22 might well help us get a QB of the future, since Rudolph would become a realistic target with three picks in the first two rounds.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:30 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Might help the Bills, and then again it might not.  I remember in 2004 when there was some resistance to the idea I floated of accepting their trade up that Dallas eventually took, getting Buffalo's 2nd rounder in 2004 (43), 5th rounder in 2004, and the Bills first rounder in 2005, all for moving down from 22 to 43 so the Bills could grab.....J. P. Losman.

I don't think Dallas helped Buffalo all that much. Smile

For sure, I'd take a deal like that with us needing lots and lots of help.  That said, I have little confidence that our crew would make good use of that draft haul.

Dallas did fairly well with it, getting Julius Jones in 2004 and Marcus Spears in 2005 with the prime picks received.  Both ended up being solid, if unspectacular, starters for several years.

A trade down from 11 to 22 might well help us get a QB of the future, since Rudolph would become a realistic target with three picks in the first two rounds.  

The Dolphins think they're close, so they have no reason to collect draft picks. If anything, I expect them to trade up a couple of times throughout the draft as they target specific players that they just must have...like Leonte Carroo, for instance.

They've filled the roster with veterans, so there's not much room for a lot of draft picks. Again, I look for them to trade picks away - not add.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Unless you need a Franchise QB and think you can get him, trading down for more picks is usually the much better option IMO. But that assumes one, you find somebody that wants to trade up, and two, you get value for the pick.

For the Phins, who need help everywhere, it would be a good thing IMO. But as Hal correctly points out, you could double the number of picks the Phins have and they would still manage to draft arse-like.

I still expect something REALLY sad for this first pick. Tannenbaum has been lulling us into a false sense of "Oh, that's a bad pick!" and now, he is ready to unleash the "OMFG! What kind of special idiots are doing the picking!!"

Book it.

Shocked
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:47 pm

wit the way things are going especially at QB, you can get a franchise QB in a mid to late round. Besides Gase is suppose to be the QB whisper he should be able to make a franchise QB out of Tannehill or a QB from the 3rd or 4th round.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down