Fins Desperate For A TE

Go down

Fins Desperate For A TE

Post by DolFan 316 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:39 pm

I think I know what position the first pick will be used on...

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/04/dolphins-put-in-waiver-claim-for-te-clive-walford

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fins Desperate For A TE

Post by Degarmo on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:04 pm

I would agree, except one thing, that would be dangerously close to picking some kind of a play maker in the 1st, and we can't have that.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Injuries have derailed Walford's career. He's a nice project at this point, but he's not what the Phins need.

I'm expecting the Phins to go TE in round 2 or 3, but who know what they'll do.

Later in the draft, I'm really starting to like Mississippi State's Jordan Thomas. He's a monster...6'5", 265 with a huge wingspan. His catch radius is insane. Used mostly as a blocker at MSU because of their offense, but he has good hands and is surprisingly fast and athletic. He has played some WR too and looks to be a decent route runner. More of a project due to his lack of experience, but the skillset is there. Much more upside than a scrub like Thomas Duarte, for example.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:46 pm

I like Goedert, Hurst, Gesicki and Ian Thomas in this draft. Andrews is a good receiver.

Later, Tyler Conklin could be a target. He could be a very good value on Day 3, but has medical questions. The latter leads me to believe the Fins will scoop him up. Smile

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:11 pm

Degarmo wrote:I would agree, except one thing, that would be dangerously close to picking some kind of a play maker in the 1st, and we can't have that.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:32 pm

Hurst and Gesicki will be long gone by the time the Phins pick in round two, unless they trade. I really like Mark Andrews as a fit for the Phins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:26 pm

If they pick a TE with the first pick I would be GREATLY SURPRISED!

Hard to say what the Phins "braintrust" will do.

But I am expecting something with LITTLE to NO IMPACT on the upcoming season.

finfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:53 pm

finfanatic wrote:If they pick a TE with the first pick I would be GREATLY SURPRISED!

Hard to say what the Phins "braintrust" will do.

But I am expecting something with LITTLE to NO IMPACT on the upcoming season.

TE at 11 would be a MAJOR reach. They'd have to trade down to get value at the position in round one. There will be better players than TEs available at 11 for sure.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:53 pm

I even think Ian Thomas could be a starter very quickly. He will be a real value for someone. Of course, there were incredible values at TE last year, it was obviously a big need, and the Fins ignored the position on draft day. So who knows?

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Ian Thomas stikes me as a bit soft, but no doubt he could help the Phins and be an immediate starter.

This TE group is shaping up to be close to last year's in quality...hopefully we don't miss the boat this yer.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:28 pm

I'll take drafting a guy early that's actually a starter and has impact. I mean, our first round value wouldn't buy you a bucket of untreated sewage lately anyway, so, really decent value is groundbreaking for us.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Not knowing the identity of this offense, it’s hard to tell which TE will fit. All the TE’s in this draft are potential starters in Miami because we simply have none. Derby could be a surprise but again what type of offense are we running. Tunsil, James and Larsen seem soft. Sitton is nasty and Kilgore isn’t anything but serviceable. Sacks last year went down overall, but some of that was attributed to Cutler seeing the rush and dumped the ball off.

At 11, I really wanna see a franchise player. Someone we can build around. Having a TE with no QB does no good. I know a lot of us don’t see getting a QB, but I wanna see a franchise player worth building around. TE doesnt do it for me.
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:52 am

The Dolphins know they absolutely must emerge from the NFL draft with a top tight end and they’re giving a double-dose of attention to Dallas Goedert, the intriguing prospect from South Dakota State who could go in the second round.

We reported last week that the Dolphins planned to fly to South Dakota for a private workout with him.

Since then, Miami also has scheduled a meeting with him at the team’s Davie headquarters

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article208386429.html

will he last until Miami's second pick?

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down