The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4/5/18 Mock - Based on what I think they'll do

+4
JMP
Degarmo
rightchea
HalCHorn
8 posters

Go down

4/5/18 Mock - Based on what I think they'll do  Empty 4/5/18 Mock - Based on what I think they'll do

Post by HalCHorn Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Just my best guess, right now:

1. Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan - A bit of a reach unless they trade down, but DT is arguably the biggest need on the team now.
2. Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina - The other most desperate need on the team right now. Goedert is off the board, Gesicki might be.
3. Orlando Brown, OT Oklahoma - Ju'wan James' replacement in a year. Falls due to a number of questions.
4A. Mark Walton, RB Miami - a decent value here and I think they almost have to take a back
4B. Luke Falk, QB, Washington St. - See? They won't ignore the position completely. He's far from a certain starter at this level though.
6. Peter Kalambayi, OLB, Stanford - worth a shot at this point
7A. Mike Badgely, K, Miami
7B. Brian Allen, C, Michigan State

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

4/5/18 Mock - Based on what I think they'll do  Empty Re: 4/5/18 Mock - Based on what I think they'll do

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:10 pm

not one WR, I can see that happening

rightchea

Back to top Go down

4/5/18 Mock - Based on what I think they'll do  Empty Re: 4/5/18 Mock - Based on what I think they'll do

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:45 am

Two Canes? I love you

I think Walton may be a real pleasant surprise in the NFL.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:06 am

M. Hurst at 11 seems high, but I like the player.  I think Vea will definitely be in play at 11.

I think H. Hurst and Gesicki will both be long gone by the Dolphins' second round pick, but a TE at that pick definitely makes sense.  If we got Hurst there, it would be an absolute steal.  I don't like his age, but that dude can play.

Orlando Brown in the third round would be so Dolphins...a lazy lineman with awful technique.

I like Walton, but I think we need a bigger back to pair with Drake.

I don't like Falk at all, and I don't think we take a QB before round 6, and likely won't take one at all.

My rule on kickers is "never draft a kicker".  But I think the Phins definitely will this year.

I agree that the Phins won't draft a WR.

Last edited by JMP on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:03 pm

I think Hal is probably on the right track.

A draft for Depth. A draft where the most impact will come in a year or two. If Ever.

I don't see this "philosophy" or draft-methodology EVER producing a SB winning team.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:16 pm

Just read that Gase said the new DL coach will rotate DTs constantly...so we won't have a 99%-snap guy like Suh moving forward. That of course makes DT less of a priority as far as using a first rounder there.

I was just starting to think DT would be the pick at 11...now I don't know what the hell they're going to do. The way they have set up the roster, it now looks like TE is the only position that requires a full-time starter - and there's no TE worthy of picking at 11. So it looks like another role player/backup at 11. Yay.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Miami will draft a DT in one of the first three rounds

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:54 pm

rightchea wrote:Miami will draft a DT in one of the first three rounds

That's my thinking as well, because to me it looks like a MAJOR need. But with these clowns you just never know.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Vea, Payne or Hurst would make sense fairly early. Of course, what makes the most sense for this team, with all these holes, is to trade down and accumulate picks on the first two days.

But, that would have made sense last year too. Didn't happen. Drafting an immediate plug-in starter makes a lot of sense, and there's those types of players at OG (Hernandez, Wynn) too, that don't make sense at 11 but won't be there at 42. I think Jackson and Rudolph will be gone in that range too, meaning that trading down would make incredible sense. Even with the Pats. If I can get 23 and 31 from them, I do it.

But....this team won't. They'll stay put at 11, and reach. If they do what I'm thinking, at least Hurst looks like a very good, capable DT for years assuming his health scare checks out.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Yeah, I just want an impact player...at this point, I don't even care what position it is. So tired of all these mediocre first rounders we pick every year.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:26 pm

JMP, kickers ARE impact players Razz

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:27 pm

JMP wrote:Yeah, I just want an impact player...at this point, I don't even care what position it is.  So tired of all these mediocre first rounders we pick every year.

I've become one of those guys that just wants to trade out of the first round each year for additional picks, because we just draft garbage.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:48 am

JMP wrote:My rule on kickers is "never draft a kicker".  But I think the Phins definitely will this year.

i typically agree with you on never drafting kickers, but i think the Phins have put themselves in a position where they have to...

The Dolphins would prefer to find their new kicker in the NFL Draft, and on Monday they auditioned one of the top prospects who interests them.

Special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi flew to Auburn, Alabama, for a private workout with Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson, according to a league source. Word is Carlson did well in the workout.

Most draft analysts have Carlson and Florida’s Eddy Pineiro as the top kickers in the draft. A source said the Dolphins think highly of both of them.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article208370819.html

but hey, if the Phins use a 5th or 6th rounder on a kicker, then that guy might actually make the team and contribute - as opposed to most of the Phins later round picks.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:34 am

Degarmo wrote:
JMP wrote:Yeah, I just want an impact player...at this point, I don't even care what position it is.  So tired of all these mediocre first rounders we pick every year.

I've become one of those guys that just wants to trade out of the first round each year for additional picks, because we just draft garbage.

Beyond that, trading down just makes so much sense this year, especially if the Dolphins want to get a QB. 11 is too high for Jackson or Rudolph, but both will be gone by the end of the first round IMO.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Beyond that, trading down just makes so much sense this year, especially if the Dolphins want to get a QB. 11 is too high for Jackson or Rudolph, but both will be gone by the end of the first round IMO.

Most years and in most spots it makes sense to trade down and get more picks.

That's why most teams want to do it. Unfortunately, this creates a "buyers market", so finding a team even WILLING to move up is tough, let alone getting good value in return for trading down.

The Fins actually made a pretty good deal when they traded all the way up to pick Dion Jordan years ago. We didn't have to give up that much in return. Too bad the player they chose was a bust.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:29 pm

If they'd chosen Ansah OR Lane Johnson, that trade would look a lot better. Damn good actually. Too bad that the misguided investment in Jonathan Martin the year before had Ireland thinking OT was addressed, and he chose the wrong pass rusher.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:17 pm

I will lose My mind if we take Vea with our first pick and I really don’t think any of these Qb’s are Franchise types, If I had to pick one it would be Rosen.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:52 pm

I have to agree with Finskev

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down