The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Final Fins Mock

4 posters

Go down

My Final Fins Mock Empty My Final Fins Mock

Post by HalCHorn Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Without trades.  What they'll do, followed by what I'd do, based on who I think will be available:

1 (11)

What they'll do:  Vita Vea, DT
What I'd do:  Tremaine Edmunds, OLB

Hey, I always think long term, it's what I do.  I'd prefer to trade down, get picks and try to take Rudolph later in the round, since I think he's going to end up being better than three of the five guys ahead of him in the long haul.  Edmunds has a higher ceiling at his position than Vea does at his, IMO.  Vea's weight issues scare me a bit.  Also, I think Hurst will fall too far, and he, Settle and Fatukasi will end up being excellent values at DI later.  Edmunds' potential is enormous.  I'd roll the dice.

2 (42)

What they'll do: Mark Andrews, TE
What I'd do: Andrews

I think Andrews will be the TE left here, though that could be Hurst.  Either way, this team needs one badly.   I could certainly be on board with waiting a round for Ian Thomas as well.

3 (71)

What they'll do: Luke Falk, QB
What I'd do: Tarvarius Moore, FS

I think Gase is determined to get a QB, and Falk is probably the best gamble in this draft after the big six.  I think this team really needs to find a FS who can actually cover and make plays.  Bates would make sense too, as would a WR.  If Michael Gallup is still here, I might change my mind.

4A:

What they'll do:  Mark Walton, RB
What I'd do:  Foley Fatukasi, DT

They'll take a back at some point.  I could even make a case for an all purpose weapon like Samuels or Flowers; the latter will be a very good goal line back.  It's time for me to scoop up on the falling values at DT since I passed on the position earlier, though.  

4B:

What they'll do:  Will Clapp, C
What I'd do:  Clapp

Decent chance to develop into a starter at C; Kilgore should be able to man this position for a couple of years until that happens.

6:

What they'll do:  Daniel Carlson, K
What I'd do: John Franklin-Myers, DE

Would probably require trading up for my pick, but I'd see if I could move up for him with the 3 picks I have left once we get into the 6th.  

What Miami will do IMO with the two picks they didn't trade, but I did:

7A:  Braxton Barrios, WR.  Amendola's successor, maybe a lot earlier than anyone thinks. Much respect to Amendola for a terrific career, but Belicheck is rarely wrong when he lets a WR go (Welker, Moss, etc.)
7B: Cole Madison, G

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

My Final Fins Mock Empty Re: My Final Fins Mock

Post by JMP Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:00 pm

I'd love to see Berrios on the Phins...but do we really need another small receiver?  We already have Amendola, Wilson and Grant...I think that's enough.  Although to be honest, I like Berrios's upside more than any of those guys.  He proved to be absolutely clutch for the Canes, and that is something currently missing from the Phins' WR corps (with the exception of Amendola).

If the Phins do take a receiver, I hope it's a big, strong dude that can take over when Parker wets the bed again.

I have a hard time seeing Edmunds available at 11, but he almost has to be the pick if he is there.

Anyway, I'd be very happy with your draft, Hal.  That would be a great haul!

Last edited by JMP on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:07 am

If Berrios could come in and make Amendola expendable, I'd be all for it.

Anyone other than me getting worried Tannenbaum is going to make a push to trade 2/3rds of the draft to move up for one of the QBs?

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:19 am

Degarmo wrote:
Anyone other than me getting worried Tannenbaum is going to make a push to trade 2/3rds of the draft to move up for one of the QBs?

I really don't think they'll trade up for a QB. Just doesn't make sense given the Tannehill restructure and where the organization is at. I think they're all in on Tannehill and trying to win now.

BUT...I could see them trading up for Chubb or Edmunds. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:14 am

I really don't think they'll trade up for a QB. Just doesn't make sense given the Tannehill restructure and where the organization is at. I think they're all in on Tannehill and trying to win now.

Agreed. Drafting a QB in itself is a gamble for this regime, because a rookie very rarely helps the team win NOW. And that's what they need. Winning. Now. Even Ross seems to be getting impatient... let alone the tired and weary fan base.

Sacrificing a bunch of picks AND taking a QB? That's way too much risk to take if your job is on the line. No immediate help, magnified. I just don't see it. And honestly, not sure ANY OF THESE QBs are even worth that kind of investment. There's no Andrew Luck in this group, and Cleveland has claimed they are interested in each of the top 4, only reinforcing the idea there is no clear-cut #1 QB in this draft.

BUT...I could see them trading up for Chubb or Edmunds. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Now THIS would be a fins move. On Edmunds, especially if we sacrifice a 2nd or 3rd round pick to move up about 3 or 4 slots and draft him. I could totally see that happening. And I would hate it.

I don't think we have the ammo to move up for Chubb. He'll be gone pretty quickly, perhaps even as early as #2 to the Giants. Remember, they traded JPP. Gettleman loves building the trenches. It's entirely possible, but I think there's a 50/50 shot the Giants trade down with a QB needy team like Buffalo.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:56 am

white1 wrote:

I don't think we have the ammo to move up for Chubb.  He'll be gone pretty quickly, perhaps even as early as #2 to the Giants.  Remember, they traded JPP.  Gettleman loves building the trenches.  It's entirely possible, but I think there's a 50/50 shot the Giants trade down with a QB needy team like Buffalo.

Hard to imagine the Giants passing on Barkley IF they are indeed committed to Manning for the near future, but anything is possible. Regardless, the Phins definitely have the ammo to move up as high as they want: by trading picks in 2019. I am 100% against that, but Tannenbaum loves to wheel and deal and I don't think he'd have a problem selling the farm for a guy he wants. That said, I think the chances of the Phins trading up that high are almost zero...I just don't see it happening. I could maybe see a move up to 7 or 8 to get Edmunds, but even that is highly unlikely IMO.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down