The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins trade for DT Akeem Spence and add QB Bryce Petty

+5
rightchea
Umix10
Degarmo
DolFan 316
JMP
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Phins trade for DT Akeem Spence and add QB Bryce Petty - Page 2 Empty Re: Phins trade for DT Akeem Spence and add QB Bryce Petty

Post by JMP Mon May 07, 2018 9:15 am

DolFan 316 wrote:the generation who all strongly believe it's everyone else's fault when they make a mistake because they're the most special person in the entire universe.

That's a great summation of Gase, at least to this point.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins trade for DT Akeem Spence and add QB Bryce Petty - Page 2 Empty Re: Phins trade for DT Akeem Spence and add QB Bryce Petty

Post by finfanatic Tue May 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Meh.

The Phins needed depth at DT; they got it. If it turns out to be more than rotational depth, so much the better.

Petty - Bleh. I don't think he will be better than Fales or Osweiller.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue May 08, 2018 1:20 pm

The Phins needed depth at DT; they got it. If it turns out to be more than rotational depth, so much the better.

Sounds like I'm in the minority, but to me Petty may have the most upside at QB.

The scouting reports on him raved about his arm talent and intangibles. The league knew he was not nearly ready to run an NFL offense, due to the college system he played in.

If he can continue learning the game, that talent may show itself.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue May 08, 2018 1:31 pm

White,

I am in the same boat on Petty. Really, it is a no-lose situation. If he shows promise, then he is our developmental QB. If not, we cut our losses at no big loss. Either way, we need to draft or sing a QB each year until we find our guy. How much longer can we depend on this being tanny's breakout year?
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 08, 2018 2:21 pm

white1 wrote:

Sounds like I'm in the minority, but to me Petty may have the most upside at QB.

The scouting reports on him raved about his arm talent and intangibles.  The league knew he was not nearly ready to run an NFL offense, due to the college system he played in.

If he can continue learning the game, that talent may show itself.  

I liked Petty coming out of college. But living in NY and getting to see him play in preseason and regular season games, I've lost all hope that he'll ever be a legit NFL QB. He's simply...not good. His lack of accuracy is the biggest surprise to me...dude can't hit the broad side of a barn. Seems to me that he was just a system QB at Baylor and can't hack it in the NFL.

As I said, Gase loves to collect garbage QBs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue May 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Seems like he's having Freudian moments by getting these QBs, like he's trying to tell us something about himself. Look at the last name: Fales, Petty. If JP "chalk up another" Losman was available, we'd have him. If there's a QB available with the last name of Loser or Fraud, I think you know where they're going.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue May 08, 2018 9:47 pm

Oh, and if "spending too much money" on the QB position was such a concern, well, just look at this contract that the Jests gave out (for the guy that has essentially taken Petty's roster spot) and tell me that isn't worth it to see if he pans out:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/03/teddy_bridgewaters_jets_contract_complete_breakdow.html

Even if they weren't in position to draft Darnold, I would have thought this contract was well worth the gamble. And he's a year younger(!) than Bryce Petty!

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 am

I'd MUCH rather have Bridgewater than the scrubs we currently have.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon May 14, 2018 3:39 pm

what is the thinking when it comes to the QB position. Miami has almost 6 QB if you count Tannehill maybe more. They not going to be able to keep all of them so are they just adding QB to test to see who is better. that not a championship mentility, it looks more desperate then anything to me.

Gase can't find an answer to what he wants to do and can't keep the fans thinking why are you still around. IMO, Gase is just trying to keep himself as safe as possible without killing the team.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon May 14, 2018 9:02 pm

They have to fill the really mediocre shoes of Matt Moore.  They need a lot of options for the guy that's going to lose most of his games if Tannehill gets hurt.  It's a tough decision to pick out the shiniest turd in the bowl.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 15, 2018 10:12 pm

Degarmo wrote:They have to fill the really mediocre shoes of Matt Moore.  They need a lot of options for the guy that's going to lose most of his games if Tannehill gets hurt.  It's a tough decision to pick out the shiniest turd in the bowl.

It's a sad state of affairs when all the backup QBs Gase is collecting are actually worse than Matt Moore. Moore looks like an All Pro compared to fucking Osweiler!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2