McCray done

Go down

McCray done

Post by mercury22nathan on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:52 am

Remember in this thread...

http://dolfancave.forumotion.com/t1410p50-report-dolphins-owner-was-against-drafting-fitzpatrick

...when i told you about Ross' involvement in scouting...

mercury22nathan wrote:while we're talking about the owner and his talent acquisition abilities.

The Dolphins have an expansive and thorough team of scouts, and owner Stephen Ross might have been part of that operation this year.

Ross thought highly of Michigan linebacker Mike McCray and that couldn’t have hurt when McCray was looking for a team after going undrafted. It’s always nice for a job applicant when the owner of the company went to the same school, and Ross is one of Michigan’s most notable alums.

“It’s that Michigan connection,” McCray said this afternoon. “We’ve all got that certain connection.”

McCray is one of 21 players in town this weekend for rookie minicamp, but it’s likely few — if any — of his peers got a phone call from Ross after they landed with the Dolphins.

Ross remains highly attached to the football program, and McCray said they’d met multiple times while he was in college.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/05/12/miami-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross-welcomes-michigan-lb-mike-mccray/

i gotta pretty good idea of just which undrafted LB will be making the team this year.

i wonder if Ross has the same passion for the Phins that he has for the Wolverines?

well, it looks the owner's hand picked heir apparent LB won't be on the team this year after all.

In a subsequent move, the Dolphins placed former Michigan linebacker Mike McCray, who joined the team as an undrafted rookie, on the reserve/retired list. McCray had previously participated in Miami’s offseason program and minicamp practices but decided to retire on Tuesday.

“You deserve to be happy. You deserve to live a life you are excited about. Don’t let others make you forget that,” McCray wrote on his Twitter account. “For some time now I’ve been playing football for the wrong reasons and during this time I sacrificed my happiness and my well being.”

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-frank-ginda-20180724-story.html

McCray quit.  wow, when even the owner wants you on the team and you decide to walk away - something has got to be really wrong.

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCray done

Post by DolFan 316 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:48 pm

If he'd made this decision *before* bragging about how he was going to make this team because of his Ross "connection" I'd actually be impressed.

But now it just seems like he decided to "retire" after being told he wasn't making the cut anyway. Yeah, you suddenly decided right before camp you've been playing "for the wrong reasons" your entire life? Whatevs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Millennials, I swear...At least he didn't accuse anybody of bigotry on the way out, I suppose we should be grateful for that.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Fine, better now than later. Enjoy your life, sir. Don't just waste it making trite sayings that cover up your inadequacies by forging a deed to the moral high ground.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum