Training camp notes

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Training camp notes

Post by JMP on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:44 am

Not sure if it's accurate, but Dave Hyde said he has not heard of one other player kneeling for the anthem on any other teams so far in preseason week one...except Stills and Wilson. Leave it to the Dolphins to have the only two "anthem assclowns" in the league. No

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:08 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Did Stills use his power/money or fame to do anything at all in the off season for the downtrodden that he says he’s protesting for? 70 shootings in Chicago last weekend. What did the NFL players do to help?

Exactly. All these whiny millennial SJWs know how to do is throw hissyfits. None of them ever seem to actually DO anything to solve the problems they constantly whine about. That's because they're a generation of narcissists and maybe sociopaths too. Ultimately, everything's all about them. When they don't get the attention and praise they genuinely feel they deserve 24/7, out comes the anger. It's mind-blowing how horribly an entire generation was raised by so-called parents.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Yesterday at 8:19 am

Stills is predicting Parker is going to do big things this year. The hope here is that Stills is right.

But logic suggests if Parker is going to do big things in the regular season, he’d start by performing well in practice.

He’d catch a lot of passes. He hasn’t.

He’d win about as often as he losses against Howard. He rarely does.

He’d at least show glimpses. He’d have even one practice that observers could point to as the example of the potential Parker can reach at times, even if not all the time.

But the Dolphins have had 12 practices this training camp. We’re still waiting for that eye-opening practice from DeVante Parker.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article216539640.html

haven't we heard this all before?

i really hope that Howard is indeed a shutdown corner, but i'm just afraid he looks so good because Parker just ain't that good.

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Yesterday at 8:27 am

It's foolish to hope for Parker any longer, IMO. Howard still has potential, he's shown it in games.

Parker is a bust.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Yesterday at 11:36 am

There's a reason Howard is a shutdown corner. He's going against the worst receiving corps in the NFL. Easy to look great when everyone around you sucks.

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Yesterday at 11:59 am

Howard sure didn't look like an elite corner vs. the Bucs. But as I've said, it's hard to tell with the garbage zone defense we ran, with the corners playing nowhere near the receivers.

Anyway, Parker has apparently shown very little in training camp, and he was invisible in the preseason game. To top it off, he is now nursing a hand injury. I was never high on him, but at this point I'm just done with him. I expect nothing.

It's a shame that Parker will keep his job, while a young receiver like Owusu who is playing his ass off and making an impact will be looking for work in a few weeks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Yesterday at 4:01 pm

JMP wrote:Howard sure didn't look like an elite corner vs. the Bucs.  But as I've said, it's hard to tell with the garbage zone defense we ran, with the corners playing nowhere near the receivers.

Anyway, Parker has apparently shown very little in training camp, and he was invisible in the preseason game.  To top it off, he is now nursing a hand injury.  I was never high on him, but at this point I'm just done with him.  I expect nothing.  

It's a shame that Parker will keep his job, while a young receiver like Owusu who is playing his ass off and making an impact will be looking for work in a few weeks.

I keep hearing Miami is playing players that make plays. Owusu is looking like he can contribute. Parker and Caroo suck ass!

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Yesterday at 4:31 pm

If I was in charge I'd just go ahead and cut Caroo now. I think even JEGnj knows by now he just didn't work out.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Today at 8:57 am

Today's news:

Ballage is out with a concussion...won't play against the Panthers Friday. Not a good way for a RB to start an NFL career... Crying or Very sad

Parker is still out with a hand injury.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Today at 9:32 am

According to Barry Jackson:

"McCain on boundary and Fitzpatrick in slot third straight day."

So we drafted a slot corner at #11 overall.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Today at 11:18 am

Gase said Parker is "week to weeK" with a finger injury - can't catch a ball right now, and isn't sure when he'll be ready.

Ugh...guy just can't stay healthy at all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Today at 11:34 am

Just heard on Twitter that the finger is BROKEN. 4-6 weeks. Yeah, another great start to the season for our "stud #1 prototype WR"....

Geez just put him on the PUP and buy six weeks to figure out what to do with him.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Today at 11:46 am

white1 wrote:Just heard on Twitter that the finger is BROKEN.  4-6 weeks.  Yeah, another great start to the season for our "stud #1 prototype WR"....

Geez just put him on the PUP and buy six weeks to figure out what to do with him.

What a fucking waste. Parker is so damn fragile. Every week it's something else. So sick of him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Today at 11:50 am

Armando says the Phins expect Parker to be ready week one. Great...with the way he's looked so far and the fact that he doesn't know how to take care of his body, I think he'll pretty much be useless for the first few games at least. Rolling Eyes

Then again, he's always useless so nothing has really changed.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Today at 1:04 pm

One encouraging note:  I read today that Rizzi really loves Owusu on special teams.  That could be a HUGE help in finding a way onto the roster.  He's not huge, but at 6 ft CORRECTION, I was looking at the wrong guy. Ours is Francis Owusu who is 6'3" and 223 lbs. Good sized receiver. is one of the taller receivers we have.  

Could he fill the role Parker was supposed to?

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2