Shades Of '97

Go down

Shades Of '97

Post by DolFan 316 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:31 pm

You know, that long ago, faraway time when people only used phones to make calls and social media didn't exist. Also, dinosaurs may have still been roaming the earth.

But anyway, that was the season in which the Jets, coming off 1-15, smashed bashed and trashed the Seahawks 41-3 in the opener, and was feeling just as terrified, horrified and mortified as I did when I saw the score of their opener a week ago. Were the Jets suddenly going to win the Super Bowl out of nowhere? Were they going to go through the season curbstomping everyone? Was I going insane? And then...

And then they lost the next two games Twisted Evil Oh, they still had a great season considering, an 8-game improvement over '96. But they missed the playoffs due solely to the Fins sweeping them.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/1997.htm

Fast forward 21 years, and the Jets just lost to the Fins following a curbstomp win in the opener after a bad season that had everyone raving about them. Hmmm.... scratch

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shades Of '97

Post by rightchea on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:42 pm

you know that wasn't that long ago. I was in 6th grade at the time and the only way I saw the fins is during highlights. So yeah don't remember too well

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:05 pm

I keep thinking this Phins reality distortion bubble HAS to burst, but....

Just maybe the locker room cleanup and dumping the bad attitudes might bring a synergy to the team??

Who knows?

I am enjoying the 2-0 start for sure.

finfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:30 am

Hey, whaddaya know, the Jets just lost 2 straight games after that opening day blowout win again. I guess history really does repeat itself Twisted Evil Laughing

Now to hope they don't also repeat the 9-7 part.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:51 am

finfanatic wrote:I keep thinking this Phins reality distortion bubble HAS to burst, but....

Just maybe the locker room cleanup and dumping the bad attitudes might bring a synergy to the team??

Who knows?

I am enjoying the 2-0 start for sure.

I don't know...they could easily be 0-2, and there are still so many issues with this team. Fortunately, we should beat the Raiders - and 3-0 looks awesome no matter how you get there. But long-term, I just don't see this as a winning team. Hope they prove me wrong!

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:27 am

JMP wrote:Fortunately, we should beat the Raiders

should! but you know better than that JMP. with this team nothing is guaranteed. they are just as likely to come out and lay a complete stinker. look for Jared Cook to have a big day. if he's not already on your fantasy team, go get him now.

mercury22nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic on Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:08 pm

I saw the scroll on injuries the other day....Phins have a host of guys banged up it looked like.

Let's hope the Raiders continue to be in disarray. That trip east is never easy. Let's hope it is hot, hot, hot....and so humid the skeeters are wearing slickers!

finfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down