Fins vs Raidahs

Go down

Fins vs Raidahs

Post by JEGnj on Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:38 am

Too many years getting fooled to get excited. Just take it week by week. Just looking forward to 3 hours having a few beers and watching the game.
JEGnj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fins vs Raidahs

Post by JMP on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:31 am

No excuse to lose this game. The Raiders have a terrible defense and the Dolphins are at home. Gotta win this game, especially with the schedule getting tougher. If the Phins are going to be a legit playoff contender this Raiders game is a must win.

The Raiders do have a potentially great passing offense, but for whatever reason it hasn't been too good so far. I could definitely see TE Jared Cook having a big game. But, we should be able to shut down their run game and make them one-dimensional - which should lead to turnovers.

I'm not expecting a huge game from the Miami offense, though they should move the ball well against a weak D. But the offense always struggles under Gase, so I expect that to continue.

The final score will be closer than it needs to be, but the Phins will outplay the Raiders and win 23-20.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Worst officiating I’ve seen

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:35 pm

This has become a real shit show as far as officiating. Wake has two guys holding him and they won’t make the call. Then imaginary calls against Miami. WTF?

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Halftime. I guess some good and some bad. The officiating is horrible. The ejection unwarranted. Fins needed 3 at the half to tie it up.
JEGnj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Home field advantage has burned out our own D. Tanny throwing some nice balls today. Starting to worry this is going to go down to the wire and the D is just going to be to exhausted to stop them.
JEGnj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Has Miami finally put together a team that can compete?

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:12 pm

3-0. I'm just going to go week by week and beer by beer and enjoy it as it happens. Have to clean up the sloppy 1st quarter plays but they are finishing strong. Tanny is playing some good football. Now over to the Yankee game. Just go tickets to the Wildcard Game next Wed so hopefully they don't blow it.
JEGnj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:18 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Has Miami finally put together a team that can compete?

I not totally sure of that but at the same time I really like what Miami has become

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:31 pm

I don't see them as a top contender yet but cut some more dead wood and get another solid draft class and keep building.
JEGnj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:40 pm

maybe trading for a better LB would make things easier

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Great win today because it’s a win. The encouraging g part about today is that mIami defenders were in good position to make tackles. The sad part is they never actually made the, you know tackle! Giving up key plays on critical downs were the only thing that made this game close in my opinion!
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:00 pm

I'll have more on the Fins being 3-0 in a bit. As I understand it, half the D-line is now hurt and the Fins actually had some long scoring plays for a change? Also, might as well rename them the Chokeland Faders since this is the third game where they've been right there with the opponent and then totally melted down at the end. Also, it's once again proven that running and ball control don't mean squat in the 21st century NFL. This might be the lowest time of possession the Fins have ever had in a victory. Yes, research will ensue. Cool

We all know they're losing to the Pats. But will 3-0 turn into 3-3 or worse? That we don't know yet. Having this many injuries this early is not an encouraging sign, though.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Were any of the calls "Matthews sacking Cousins in a textbook legal way and still getting flagged" bad? Because that might be the worst call I've seen in any sport on any level.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Pat's D hasnt been great at all and allowing teams to score on them like it nothing at time. Miami has a fighting chance

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:27 pm

No 16 !!!! The worse call in all of forotball has got to be the PI on stills when the defender initiated contact on stills
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:49 pm

Xavien Howard with a game ball on D and Tannehill with a game ball on O!

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:12 am

Beyond absurd if true.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/audibles/2018/audibles-line-week-3

It's hard to tell exactly what happened, but you could make an argument that the new body weight sack rule just CAUSED an injury to Miami's William Hayes. He sacked Carr squarely and then tried to kick his right leg out to avoid putting his whole weight on Carr. His knee hit awkwardly and he limped off the field after a visit from the trainers. I wonder, if he had been able to go squarely through Carr, if he wouldn't have hurt his knee.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:22 am

Clay Matthew's has been getting penalized for that a couple times already. so it might be true

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:13 am

3-0. I'm just going to go week by week and beer by beer and enjoy it as it happens. Have to clean up the sloppy 1st quarter plays but they are finishing strong. Tanny is playing some good football.

Enjoy it. Just enjoy it.

3-0 with some playmakers showing up on offense. Gore and Drake are not going to get bottled up every week, I'd like to see them "fix" that issue though.

Pats will be DESPERATE for a win. Pulling off an upset in Foxborough will be one hell of a challenge.

This team looks a lot like the one under Gase in his first season. Gritty, tough and also pretty smart. I see more players this year though. And Tannehill seems really comfortable in this offense.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down