Could This Team Actually Be...GOOD?!?!

Go down

Could This Team Actually Be...GOOD?!?!

Post by DolFan 316 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Football Outsiders seems to think they might.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2018/week-3-dvoa-ratings

This may be the last positive thing written or said about the Fins this season, so enjoy it while you can Very Happy

Also, the Fins have a point differential of +23, just a made FG lower than the Chiefs at +26. Just sayin' Cool

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could This Team Actually Be...GOOD?!?!

Post by JMP on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:44 pm

The NFL wants parity, and they're getting it. And finally the Dolphins are taking advantage of it. 3-0 playing mostly mediocre football against 3 mediocre/bad teams.

Like I said - this team is playing very much like the 2016 team did: barely beating poor teams with late-game herioics. We'll see if it keeps up. As merc said in another thread, I'm not expecting it to last...but who knows? It got us a playoff berth in 2016, so I guess it could happen again.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 pm

JMP wrote:The NFL wants parity, and they're getting it.  And finally the Dolphins are taking advantage of it.  3-0 playing mostly mediocre football against 3 mediocre/bad teams.

Like I said - this team is playing very much like the 2016 team did: barely beating poor teams with late-game herioics.  We'll see if it keeps up.  As merc said in another thread, I'm not expecting it to last...but who knows?  It got us a playoff berth in 2016, so I guess it could happen again.

If this team makes the playoffs without Landry and Suh, it would be worth it just for the hilarity of seeing the reactions from sports media Laughing Laughing Laughing

BTW I still say they will not win a playoff game until they get rid of John Denney, the last remaining player from the '07 team.

Also, no previous 3-0 Fins team has finished a season with less than 8 wins, so that's my new floor after initially having them winning 5 games at best.

And one more thing...believe it or not, the Fins have not lost after having a 4th quarter lead since the 2016 opener, Gase's first game Shocked Shocked Shocked Just found that out today.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:35 pm

And one more thing...believe it or not, the Fins have not lost after having a 4th quarter lead since the 2016 opener, Gase's first game Shocked Shocked Shocked Just found that out today.

I remember. Seattle. Tanny missed a deep throw to Stills that would have made it hard to lose for us. Today, he makes that throw.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:02 pm

They're doing the job, and Tannehill is playing better than before.

I still think that Philbin was one big reason he didn't develop properly, so maybe he's coming on.

Still, the injuries are going to catch up to us. Sitton was a huge loss and that has shown the last two weeks. Hayes being out is another blow.

HalCHorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 pm

I really wish Gase would give Tannehill more opportunities to be a QB and not just a caretaker. Whenever Tannehill throws intermediate/deep, it works - but Gase spends 99% of the time calling short passes. Let Tannehill rip it, and maybe we can avoid three-and-outs and score more than 20 points a game without having to resort to gimmicks. The playcalling is so inconsistent, it drives me crazy - especially early in games. Unless something changes, I don't think this is a recipe for beating quality teams, especially if we do make it to the postseason.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:24 am

But JMP, a genius has to use his entire playbook to prove his genius, not just the plays that work. I mean, it's not like greats like Vince Lombardi just ran a few perfectly-executed plays and won multiple Super Bowls.

For the record, the Kool-Aid looks mighty tasty, but I'll just wait for Jonestown this week to see if I'm interested in drinking.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Degarmo wrote:
For the record, the Kool-Aid looks mighty tasty, but I'll just wait for Jonestown this week to see if I'm interested in drinking.

Well said. I'm still in "prove it to me" mode too.

Degarmo wrote:But JMP, a genius has to use his entire playbook to prove his genius, not just the plays that work. I mean, it's not like greats like Vince Lombardi just ran a few perfectly-executed plays and won multiple Super Bowls.

Exactly. Sometimes all you need to do is throw, catch, run and block to have a good offense...don't overthink it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:15 pm

HalCHorn wrote:They're doing the job, and Tannehill is playing better than before.

I still think that Philbin was one big reason he didn't develop properly, so maybe he's coming on.

Still, the injuries are going to catch up to us.  Sitton was a huge loss and that has shown the last two weeks.  Hayes being out is another blow.

Read a report stating that Carr told reporters Hayes should have just fell on him to avoid getting injured. NFL doesn't care about these players and a lot of them are pissed off about this rules especially the defensive players.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down