The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins getting healthy for Bears game?

+2
white1
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Dolphins getting healthy for Bears game? Empty Dolphins getting healthy for Bears game?

Post by JMP Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:17 pm

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-robert-quinn-20181011-story.html

Summarizing the article, it sounds like Andre Branch and AJ Derby may be back for the Bears' game.  Tunsil has been practicing so he should be able to play too, as long as he gets clear of the concussion protocol.  Wake could be back too.

Seems like McCain needs more time.

And in a different article, the word on DeVante Parker is very non-committal...

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/football/devante-parker-not-really-sure-his-availability-for-sunday-dolphins-game/9oxHrYbSceq3Y5K0eKbqWM/

Miami Dolphins wide receiver DeVante Parker was asked on Thursday how hopeful he is to play Sunday against Chicago.

“I’m not really sure,” Parker said. “I’m just going a day at a time and working my way back in there.”

Parker has looked good in the open portions of practice this week. And earlier in the week, coach Adam Gase sounded encouraged.

“It’s going pretty well,” Parker added. “I’m just happy to be back. I’ve got that motor running again.”

If he says he's "not really sure", my guess is that Parker isn't playing.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins getting healthy for Bears game? Empty Re: Dolphins getting healthy for Bears game?

Post by white1 Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Unfortunately what we are realizing is this. Tannehill is starting at QB.

Will he continue his death-spiral against a fierce Bears defense? Or will he surprise with a solid game and a W?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Dolphins getting healthy for Bears game? Empty Re: Dolphins getting healthy for Bears game?

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:53 am

from Barry Jackson at the Herald:

Defensive end Cam Wake (knee) and cornerback Bobby McCain (knee) both sat out practice and seven players were limited: Tunsil, receivers Jakeem Grant (shoulder) and DeVante Parker (quadriceps), defensive end Andre Branch (knee), tight end A.J. Derby (foot), linebacker Chase Allen (foot) and tight end Durham Smythe (ankle).

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article219546540.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:47 am

Yeah, it looks like Wake won't play after all.

I think getting Branch and Derby back would be big...not because they're good, but because the guys that are replacing them stink. Harris has shown nothing at DE, and the Gesicki/Smythe TE combo has been awful. Adding the mediocre Branch and derby to the mix would actually be an upgrade, sad as that is.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:23 am

JMP wrote:...and the Gesicki/Smythe TE combo has been awful.

why is it the Ravens can get Andrews the ball even though he is not a starter? and why is it the Eagles can get Goedert balls even though he plays behind a star in Ertz? yet the Phins can't seem to find a way to get the ball to Gesicki even though he is supposed to be a primary receiving TE?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:44 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:...and the Gesicki/Smythe TE combo has been awful.

why is it the Ravens can get Andrews the ball even though he is not a starter?  and why is it the Eagles can get Goedert balls even though he plays behind a star in Ertz?  yet the Phins can't seem to find a way to get the ball to Gesicki even though he is supposed to be a primary receiving TE?

For some reason, they are trying to turn Gesicki into a blocking TE - which he will NEVER be. Meanwhile, the TE we drafted to block - Smythe - hardly plays at all.

It's typical Dolphins 'square peg, round hole' philosophy. You have a guy that could possibly be a big-time receiving threat (on a team that desperately needs one), but instead of using him as a receiver you use him primarily as a blocker. It makes no sense at all.

My only guess is Smythe must be really, really bad. That's the only way to explain why Gesicki and O'Leary were used as blocking TEs last week, while Smythe rode the bench. Gesicki and O'Leary are both poor blockers...so just imagine how bad Smythe must be to not even get on the field! Shocked

OR...

The Dolphins won't use Gesicki as a receiver until he proves he can block, and they won't use Smythe as a blocker until he proves he can catch! jocolor

OR...

The Dolphins are confused...they think Gesicki is Smythe, and Smythe is Gesicki. geek

Whatever the reason, it's mind-boggling that they can't figure out a way to exploit Gesicki's skillset. Clearly, Gesicki is a much softer player than we (or, at least, I) thought we were getting - but the insane catch radius he displayed at Penn State didn't just disappear, and there's no logical reason why he's been targeted less than 2.5 times a game in an offense that can't produce passing yards.

Things would be different if we had a true #1 TE ahead of Gesicki - but we don't. Derby is a below average journeyman, and he hasn't even played the last two games. No excuses - Gesicki needs to be thrown into the fire as a receiver - we don't have any other options, and this offense needs his size and skill.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Good news...Tunsil is out of the league's concussion protocol.  Should be ready to go Sunday.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:54 pm

In the world of normal working class people. You get fired for gross negligence. Tase should be fired for simply mishandling the TE situation alone. Forget the bad play calling and the lousy coaching and motivation. All I see right now is a younger Joe Philbin. A guy who simply doesn’t motivate his team or utilize their skill sets.

Prior to last years draft we needed a playmaking TE. By all accounts Gesicki is that guy at that moment in the draft. And by all accounts should be very good. He was drafted to be a receiving TE. Not playing because he can’t block is entirely horse shit. I’m sorry but TE’s rarely block in this league. And when they do it’s a running play. If the running game ain’t working I’m fucking totally sure that it ain’t the TE’s fault. I could go on an on about it but don’t give me bullshit about TE’s aren’t able to block. Game is sounding more and more like a fucking video coordinator
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Umix10 wrote:In the world of normal working class people.  You get fired for gross negligence.  Tase should be fired for simply mishandling the TE situation alone.  Forget the bad play calling and the lousy coaching and motivation.  All I see right now is a younger Joe Philbin.  A guy who simply doesn’t motivate his team or utilize their skill sets.

Prior to last years draft we needed a playmaking TE.  By all accounts Gesicki is that guy at that moment in the draft.  And by all accounts should be very good.  He was drafted to be a receiving TE.  Not playing because he can’t block is entirely horse shit.  I’m sorry but TE’s rarely block in this league.  And when they do it’s a running play.  If the running game ain’t working I’m fucking totally sure that it ain’t the TE’s fault.  I could go on an on about it but don’t give me bullshit about TE’s aren’t able to block. Game is sounding more and more like a  fucking video coordinator

Nailed it. Gase is nothing but Philbin Part 2. Hell, he even looks like a young Philbin! Gase is just another clueless, inexperienced coach that's in way over his head.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 pm

We could be the healthiest team in NFL history and still suck ass. These guys aren't talentless they are coachless.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:25 pm

I said it in another thread and echo UMix's sentiments - Gase=Philbin=Crap

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:01 pm

So the Bears had a Bye before playing us and next week the Lions will be coming off a Bye to play us, That just doesn’t seem like a Good Scheduling Job by the Idiots in New York. I mean with our Offense You don’t need Two weeks to prepare more like Two Hours.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down