Gase throws another player under the bus: Sam Young cut

Go down

Gase throws another player under the bus: Sam Young cut

Post by JMP on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:59 pm

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-sam-young-20181013-story.html

The Miami Dolphins released reserve offensive tackle Sam Young on Saturday, and promoted defensive tackle Jamiyus Pittman to the active roster.

Young’s departure ensures offensive lineman Zach Sterup will serve as the Dolphins’ top backup at both offensive tackle positions Sunday when Miami faces the Chicago Bears at 1 p.m. at Hard Rock Stadium.

Young, who has played in 23 games with seven starts for the Dolphins since 2016, has played sparingly in all five games for Miami this season.

Against the Bengals last week, Young played a prominent role in the second half, replacing starting left tackle Laremy Tunsil during the game. The Dolphins held a 17-0 lead before losing 27-17 to the Bengals after two turnovers from quarterback Ryan Tannehill turned into touchdowns for Cincinnati.

So Young is good enough to be the top swing tackle on the team for 5 weeks, but all of a sudden he has a bad game and gets cut the day before the next game. Huh??? So, no one knew that he sucked before now? Really?

The mistake is that Young should be a RT-only, where he played semi-decent last season. He's not now and never was a LT.

The strange thing is the Phins used him quite a bit as a 6th linemen in certain formations this season. If they thought Sterup was the better player, why not just use him in that role from the start???

I have no problem cutting Sam Young. He never would have been a Dolphin in the first place if it were up to me. But the timing of this move is crazy. How could a player be your #1 backup for 5 weeks, and then all of a sudden he gets cut? And isn't our OL depth bad enough already without creating another hole???

What a shit-show.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase throws another player under the bus: Sam Young cut

Post by Degarmo on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:11 am

Gase is excellent at identifying poor talent after 4-6 weeks of a season. Imagine how good he'd be at it if they allowed teams to have preseasons.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:26 am

Degarmo wrote:Gase is excellent at identifying poor talent after 4-6 weeks of a season.  Imagine how good he'd be at it if they allowed teams to have preseasons.

LOL! Wouldn't it be great if the offensive line coach had some responsibility, the head coach for the play calling, the scouts and GM for the overall lack of talent on the team? The slide is in full motion!

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:03 pm

CarsonChris wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Gase is excellent at identifying poor talent after 4-6 weeks of a season.  Imagine how good he'd be at it if they allowed teams to have preseasons.

LOL! Wouldn't it be great if the offensive line coach had some responsibility, the head coach for the play calling, the scouts and GM for the overall lack of talent on the team?  The slide is in full motion!

I would have to agree that the OL coach needs to be put on blast for having such a bad OL. Someone also need to get on the training staff for all the injuries this year as well.

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Michelangelo could probably do a nice job of painting with feces, but it'd still be a shit painting. You can't mold terrible talent into good unless you're in a movie.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:38 pm

Degarmo wrote:Michelangelo could probably do a nice job of painting with feces, but it'd still be a shit painting.  You can't mold terrible talent into good unless you're in a movie.

I see what you did there Razz Razz Razz

And this game really WAS straight out of a movie. An 80s movie where the good guys win in a way that almost makes you barf at the sheer absurdity of it all. Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:56 pm

you are absolutely right. I cursed and all then at the end I was so amazed it was like a miracle

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:33 pm

While it’s useless to bitch about the horrible calls against the Fins in this game I will say this.

The blatant trip on Drake they failed to flag in Q4 was criminal. Negates what would be a 1st down plus on key late game drive.

In other words, that play plus key Drake fumble gave Bears two more lives so don’t come away we were the lucky ones. Had to make our own luck.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:29 pm

the football gods were look out for us this game

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Well, I guess I was wrong: the Phins have re-signed Young. Safety Maurice Smith was cut to make room.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Re-signing Young makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Which means by this team's standards it makes perfect sense.

DolFan 316

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Who was the OL yesterday that looked like a TE with an OL number on? It was in the 60s I think.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:09 am

Degarmo wrote:Who was the OL yesterday that looked like a TE with an OL number on?  It was in the 60s I think.

Could it have been Smythe lined up as an extra lineman? He's number 81, and only had 5 snaps, but that's the only guy I can think of. I don't think Sterup played at all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:17 am

I believe it was Travis Swanson after some "film study". The guy runs really well for someone his size, and he looks lean. I'm surprised he's a lineman, but he's 300+ pounds.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down