Fins vs Lions Game Day

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Fins vs Lions Game Day

Post by JMP on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:08 am

CarsonChris wrote:Does Parker get any playing time or is he done as a Dolphin

My guess is that the Phins were all set to trade him - but if the Wilson injury is serious I don't see how they can. Sadly, Parker is still the best in-house option we have as an extra wide receiver. But who knows what the Dolphins will do...it's very likely that Gase will just cut him or trade him for nothing since Parker's agent basically shit on the head coach.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:14 am

Such a suck-ass performance at every level.

I watched the game late on DVR so not sure when I'll get to post game thoughts...but it won't be pretty, I can tell you that.

I watched this abomination "live".

Can't say I was so much upset as just numb. I wasn't screaming and yelling like normal. The writing was on the wall after just two possessions. The first we failed to earn a first down. On the second, the Lions promptly marched down the field for 7 points. Kerryon Johnson looked like Walter Payton from the first snap.

I was kind of thinking that Patricia knows us so well from his days in the AFC East it's not surprising he knows how to beat us. Then I realized a rookie head coach outcoached us with a regime in year 3 of it's term, and got all depressed again.

Osweiler looked fine to me. The "goat" today was everyone on defense. Good lord we got pushed up and down the field. Perhaps if they had kept the game closer, this could have been a typical Fins "late game heroics" win. Add a couple more injuries at WR, and we really had no chance.

Does Parker get any playing time or is he done as a Dolphin

His agent is furious. Apparently he "flamed" Gase and made all kinds of comments along the lines of "Gase sucks and it's his fault the offense sucks". Which is pretty much true.

But yes, I think he's probably already taken his last offensive snap in Miami. Even if we trade him for a 2020 7th round pick, it's probably going to get done. Too bad.

Oh well. "On to Houston".

Hell, if the Fins pull THIS ONE out with a win, I'll be damn impressed. Not that I see a chance in hell it happens, but stranger things have been done. GO FINS!

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:15 am

My guess is that the Phins were all set to trade him - but if the Wilson injury is serious I don't see how they can. Sadly, Parker is still the best in-house option we have as an extra wide receiver. But who knows what the Dolphins will do...it's very likely that Gase will just cut him or trade him for nothing since Parker's agent basically shit on the head coach.

Agree, the Wilson injury complicates this situation significantly. With a healthy Wilson (plus I heard Stills got dinged up) there is chance Parker stays. Now, there is some chance. But probably small as you indicated.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:45 am

white1 wrote:

Agree, the Wilson injury complicates this situation significantly.  With a healthy Wilson (plus I heard Stills got dinged up) there is chance Parker stays.  Now, there is some chance.  But probably small as you indicated.

Dez Bryant, baby!!! cheers Just kidding...Gase wouldn't be able to handle him.

IMO - most likely scenario if Wilson goes to IR: the Dolphins panic and trade draft picks to Denver for Demariyus Thomas (who Gase has coached before).

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:49 pm

IMO - most likely scenario if Wilson goes to IR: the Dolphins panic and trade draft picks to Denver for Demariyus Thomas (who Gase has coached before).

I can totally see this happening. And we will give up WAY too high a draft pick to do it. Would not be surprised to see our 1st round pick gone.

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:06 pm

It would be so Dolphins to trade a high pick for Thomas. Thomas would be a major upgrade for our weak receiving corps, but not enough to make us a contender. He's on the down-swing and drops way too many passes. As a cheap free agent I wouldn't mind him...but trading for that contract and giving up a high pick? No thanks!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Amari Cooper traded to Dallas for a 1st round pick: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/22/raiders-trade-amari-cooper-to-cowboys-for-first-round-pick/

It would be so Dolphins to trade a high pick for Thomas. Thomas would be a major upgrade for our weak receiving corps, but not enough to make us a contender. He's on the down-swing and drops way too many passes. As a cheap free agent I wouldn't mind him...but trading for that contract and giving up a high pick? No thanks!

Totally agree. A receiver will do next to nothing for this squad. The Lions game illustrated our problems in bright, neon colors. We are facing a wholesale rebuild of BOTH lines.

On the defensive line, we literally need two starting DEs and an upgrade at DT. Harris was supposed to be a starter, instead he's a bust. Wake is done and Quinn seems ready to fall in right behind him.

On the offensive line, I guess we can keep Tunsil. EVERY ONE ELSE needs to be upgraded. We won't be retaining James, IMO. Sitton is great except he's always hurt. Kilgore might be okay but you will need two excellent guards to upgrade our rushing attack.

A receiver does nothing to address the fact we're getting pushed all over the field, our offensive line rarely runs the ball effectively, and we give up too much pressure on our QB while not generating enough pressure on the opposing passer. This is where games are won, and we are losing these battles far too often (4-3 so I won't exaggerate and say all the time).

white1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:33 pm

white1 wrote:Amari Cooper traded to Dallas for a 1st round pick:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/22/raiders-trade-amari-cooper-to-cowboys-for-first-round-pick/

Totally agree.  A receiver will do next to nothing for this squad.  The Lions game illustrated our problems in bright, neon colors.  We are facing a wholesale rebuild of BOTH lines.  

On the defensive line, we literally need two starting DEs and an upgrade at DT.  Harris was supposed to be a starter, instead he's a bust.  Wake is done and Quinn seems ready to fall in right behind him.

On the offensive line, I guess we can keep Tunsil.  EVERY ONE ELSE needs to be upgraded.  We won't be retaining James, IMO.  Sitton is great except he's always hurt.  Kilgore might be okay but you will need two excellent guards to upgrade our rushing attack.  

A receiver does nothing to address the fact we're getting pushed all over the field, our offensive line rarely runs the ball effectively, and we give up too much pressure on our QB while not generating enough pressure on the opposing passer.  This is where games are won, and we are losing these battles far too often (4-3 so I won't exaggerate and say all the time).

Wow! Cooper for a first? I was a big fan of Cooper coming out of the draft, because I always place a premium on receivers that can actually run good routes in college...most can't, and Cooper was excellent. But he seems like he doesn't give a shit. Maybe the change in scenery will help, because the talent is there.

But yeah, the Phins need more than an aging receiver. The OL is simply mind-boggling...I've always said you can win with a mediocre OL and I still think that's true - but we haven't come close to mediocre since the Sparano days. "Mediocre" would be a colossal upgrade. Our line has been absolutely awful year after year, and we just keep adding more and more crappy players to it every offseason. When is the last time we had a good OL coach????

And the DL...damn our DEs are bad. At DT I think we could use a lot more Vince Taylor and a lot less Akeem Spence, but that still wouldn't be enough. Godchaux shows flashes of being good, but disappears for games at a time. The scheme sucks too...that wide 9 is way too easy to run against.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif on Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:09 pm

JMP wrote:

Grreat, maybe he can be as productive as the last guy gase brought in from Denver he had coached before.
scotgif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2