The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albert Wilson to IR; Leonte Carroo is back

+4
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
Degarmo
JMP
8 posters

Go down

Albert Wilson to IR; Leonte Carroo is back Empty Albert Wilson to IR; Leonte Carroo is back

Post by JMP Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:59 pm

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-albert-wilson-20181023-story.html

Dolphins receiver Albert Wilson will be placed on injured reserve prior to Thursday’s game, according to a league source, effectively ending his first season with the team.

Wilson will not require surgery for a hip injury he suffered in Miami’s loss to the Detroit Lions last Sunday, but the move to injured reserve will give him time to recover.

I'm not a huge Wilson fan because most of the time he gets like 5 yards a catch, but when he gets going he is fun to watch.  A huge loss for an offense that was already weak.

Last edited by JMP on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Albert Wilson to IR; Leonte Carroo is back Empty Re: Albert Wilson to IR; Leonte Carroo is back

Post by JMP Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:03 pm

Sounds like the Phins will add a WR to the roster from the practice squad before Thursday - either Isaiah Ford or our old friend Leonte Carroo. santa

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Albert Wilson to IR; Leonte Carroo is back Empty Re: Albert Wilson to IR; Leonte Carroo is back

Post by Degarmo Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Jesus Christ. We have a decent player and they end up on the IR. Indian Burial Grounds Curse.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:45 pm

Degarmo wrote:Jesus Christ.  We have a decent player and they end up on the IR.  Indian Burial Grounds Curse.

That's exactly the reason. Seriously.

Almost every significant FA the Fins signed this year is out for the season. Quinn will be next, calling it now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Nah. Quinn is not playing well. If he was, he'd already be injured.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:20 pm

We could sign our old friend Rishard Matthews. Oh wait, the jests just picked him up today. I say Ford. PLEASE no carroo. What happened to the kid from preseason that caught that one long pass and looked pretty good? Did they bring him back on the PS? Can't remember his name. It was a Nigerian sounding name.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:10 am

Owusu? Or is that the guy on the Jets now?

Whatever happened to Grant?

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:51 am

scotgif wrote:What happened to the kid from preseason that caught that one long pass and looked pretty good? Did they bring him back on the PS? Can't remember his name. It was a Nigerian sounding name.

Francis Owusu. As far as I know he is a free agent. He barely played at all in college so he's very raw, but I thought he looked real good in preseason. Has great size and seemed to get good separation...surprised no one picked him up.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Francis Owusu. As far as I know he is a free agent.

Hmm maybe when we elevate a WR we will bring him back to the PS...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:32 pm

scotgif wrote:PLEASE no carroo.

Sorry, scot...Carroo is back and will be the #4 receiver Thursday. Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:56 pm

JMP wrote:Sorry, scot...Carroo is back and will be the #4 receiver Thursday.  Rolling Eyes

And this is my reaction. No offense, JEGnj.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Maybe they plan to let parker "mentor" carroo. You know, how to be the consummate pro.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Stocking the active roster and practice squad with known under performers has consequences.

Front office better pray Caroo and Parker play lights out tonight...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Well, Caroo has his last chance here. I hope he makes the best of it.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:52 pm

I see Caroo had no catches or even any targets. Lovely. One of us would probably contribute more than him.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:10 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I see Caroo had no catches or even any targets. Lovely. One of us would probably contribute more than him.

With the smaller receivers doing next to nothing and the bigger Parker dominating, it probably would have been smart to give Carroo (another bigger receiver) a chance. But, Adam Gase knows best.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:16 am

My man Carroo was dying to get in the game. He even ran on the field as time expired for the last play.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down