The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gase must go - in his own words

5 posters

Go down

Gase must go - in his own words Empty Gase must go - in his own words

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:23 am

while i know we don't need a lot more evidence that Gase is a fraud and needs to be replaced, i submit the following statements.

Gase said. “Where is our pass disruption as far as hits and pressures and sacks and stuff like that? That’s what I care about. Sacks are irrelevant. If you’re causing pressure on the quarterback and he’s getting rid of the ball faster, that’s what we care about.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article220489535.html

just think about that. the HC of the Miami Dolphins openly admits that he believe that sacks are irrelevant. does he not realize sacks lead to lost yardage for the opposition? does he not realize sacks can lead to fumbles? yes, pressure by itself is nice, but pressure-inspired incompletions lead to 2nd and 4 becoming a make-able 3rd and 4 - sacks turn it into a more difficult 3rd and 11. how can a coach believe sacks are irrelevant??

The way I understand it is set up is Gase, Tannenbaum and general manager Chris Grier come to an understanding on direction of the team and what needs to be added or subtracted from the roster. And many times they agree.

But when there is disagreement, Gase has control of the 53 man roster by a clause in his contract. And so Gase makes the final call.

but when asked about Watson

“We weren’t looking at the quarterbacks too hard but through the draft meetings and the little time I spent on the guys that were coming out, the guy won a lot of games and did a great job, especially in clutch situations of finding a way to get his team into the end zone and winning games,” Gase said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article220517555.html

so the guy with the final call of personnel on a team that had a QB on IR and no backup or plan for the future wasn't looking at QBs and spent little time studying them?? are you f-ing kidding me? the is the definition of incompetence!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Gase must go - in his own words Empty Re: Gase must go - in his own words

Post by JMP Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:19 pm

Completely absurd. Sacks don't matter??? Maybe if we were getting consistent pressure and impacting pass plays I might agree...but the reality is, we rarely get pressure and when we do it's usually too late to affect the play. Opposing QBs are averaging 66% completion rates against us and throwing for 268 yards a game...those numbers are poor, and would have been a lot worse if the Lions threw more than 22 passes last week.

Does anyone believe we're paying Robert Quinn $12 million this year to get 1 sack and 1 forced fumble in 7 games? I don't.

Consider this: the cap hit for our top DEs this year (Quinn, Wake, Branch, Hayes, Harris) is a combined $37.5 million or so. Those 5 players combined have 5 sacks on the season...2 of those from Hayes, who hasn't played since week 3. So we're spending a fortune on DEs that don't get sacks, and 4 of the 5 have missed multiple games with injuries. And I guess Gase is fine with that...everything is coming up roses, right?

Hell, last year Gase praised Charles Harris...who finished the season with 2 sacks. I guess he really doesn't care about sacks. I wonder if he cares about sacks when his offensive line is giving them up??? scratch

And you're a QB guru, but you don't study top QBs coming out in the draft? Really???

This guy is such a clown...he's stealing paychecks. Pure incompetence, like Parker's agent said.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:39 pm

More comedy gold from Gase:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181023/what-miami-dolphins-coach-adam-gase-said-tuesday-before-texans-game?utm_page=dolphinspage&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3pbkFXX73jsRlBtSv0oVhcSrAkOKC8gKgTxZj1BwWyC024X6uehBL8i2w

I’d rather not give away exactly what we’re looking to do on Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson. Wilson had been working on a lot of the special stuff since the spring. Some of the exotics. So we have to figure out what is best for this game and for the rest of season.

Keep in mind that Gase said this on Tuesday! So not only is he still talking about plans for a player that is headed to IR, but 8 weeks in Gase still has "special stuff" that he's apparently saving for a rainy day or something. I wonder if we'll see these "exotics" before the season goes down the drain? geek

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:59 pm

Just fire him after he loses to the Texans by 40 and let Rizzi coach out the season, that's what I say!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:58 pm

Gase must go - in his own words 5816434_keep_calm_and_let_the_shit_show_begin_
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:27 am

More like let the shit show continue! sunny

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:48 pm

"Sacks are irrelvant."

What is the best-known way to beat Tom Brady?

Are the Patriots in your division?

I think the answers to those questions paired with his rhetoric are all the evidence we need to say goodbye to yet ANOTHER assclown offensive guy. No more offensive coordinators as head coach, no, no, no.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down