The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s time to try something else!!!!!!!

+4
Degarmo
DolFan 316
JMP
Umix10
8 posters

Go down

It’s time to try something else!!!!!!! Empty It’s time to try something else!!!!!!!

Post by Umix10 Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 pm

The Fins are now 4-4! I suspect that it has more to do wth the other teams being crappy then the Dolphins being good. We lack the offensive firepower and the defensive strength to hang with above .500 teams. With the Bills, Pats, Packers and Vikes still on the schedule I highly doubt that Osweiler has a light bulb on moment.

I don’t wanna see Tannehill anymore. We’ve seen 8 seasons of mediocrity. Since we are going to have to play this season out we might as well see what Fales has got. I want to look towards the future I want to see what Fales has got. Who knows he might be pretty good. While I don’t think he’s the next anything, I did see some good things against Buffalo last year .

Anyone?
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

It’s time to try something else!!!!!!! Empty Re: It’s time to try something else!!!!!!!

Post by JMP Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:23 am

We're actually 5-4, brother! But, soon to be 5-5...

I don't think Tannehill will play this season. But I think he'll be the starter next season...but only IF Gase is back. New staff = new QB.

But forget Tannehill. Right now we need to start Fales. Hopefully after the bye. I think Fales sucks, but judging by preseason games he does something that Osweiler can't/won't do - he actually throws the ball longer than 10 yards!! Fales has some gunslinger in him, and it's worth finding out what he can do. Why not? Osweiler is a dead end and the offense can't even sniff the endzone with him. Starting Osweiler is a total waste of time.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

It’s time to try something else!!!!!!! Empty Re: It’s time to try something else!!!!!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:29 am

JMP wrote:We're actually 5-4, brother!  But, soon to be 5-5...

I don't think Tannehill will play this season.  But I think he'll be the starter next season...but only IF Gase is back.  New staff = new QB.

But forget Tannehill. Right now we need to start Fales.  Hopefully after the bye.  I think Fales sucks, but judging by preseason games he does something that Osweiler can't/won't do - he actually throws the ball longer than 10 yards!!  Fales has some gunslinger in him, and it's worth finding out what he can do.  Why not?  Osweiler is a dead end and the offense can't even sniff the endzone with him.  Starting Osweiler is a total waste of time.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the Fins having a better chance of losing out if Fales starts and prompting Ross to finally ditch Gase, would it? Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:08 am

FALES FORWARD FAST

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:52 am

I’m retrospect, while the dolphins had no chance whatsoever of making it to the playoffs on the last game of the season, Gase started Fales over Moore. If the offense, void of playmakers this season, are just awful, then why not look to the future?

Osweiler is what he is, until DC game plan for the short passes! The one thing I liked about Moore was the fact that he took chances. Granted they were slim and none but he at least looked downfield. I thought that if he had time he would have connected on some. At the very least, starting Fales would give fans some excitement if not just to lower expectations for the rest of the season!!!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:We're actually 5-4, brother!  But, soon to be 5-5...

I don't think Tannehill will play this season.  But I think he'll be the starter next season...but only IF Gase is back.  New staff = new QB.

But forget Tannehill. Right now we need to start Fales.  Hopefully after the bye.  I think Fales sucks, but judging by preseason games he does something that Osweiler can't/won't do - he actually throws the ball longer than 10 yards!!  Fales has some gunslinger in him, and it's worth finding out what he can do.  Why not?  Osweiler is a dead end and the offense can't even sniff the endzone with him.  Starting Osweiler is a total waste of time.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the Fins having a better chance of losing out if Fales starts and prompting Ross to finally ditch Gase, would it? Razz

Actually, I think we'd have a better offense with Fales! Osweiler is garbage...why even bother with him? Umix is right - Fales would at least generate some excitement, and maybe he could make a couple of big plays in between his mistakes! pirat

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:55 pm

I still think gase would keep the handcuffs on, especially with Fales playing.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Osweiler has some severe limitations. Bad decisions coupled with horrific timing on his throws means he is never gonna be a long term answer at QB. Even as a backup QB, I would prefer the team go elsewhere.

At starter...it is obvious, expecting Tannehill to be the starter for a whole season is courting disaster. Even assuming you thought he was a fantastic QB, the injury problems look to be systemic to me. He has gotten beat to heck behind the garbage Olines the Phins keep assembling. And while Tannehill with a good Oline and good rushing attack can get it done, that looming threat of his dreaded INCONSISTENCY is always ever present in my mind.

The whole team has problems. This defense is a freaking joke. I still wonder EXACTLY what keys the LBs were looking for in the Green Bay game? I mean that was about as bad of LB play as I have seen in awhile...and with the Phins that is saying ALOT!.

At any rate, I now agree with JMP; the sooner the Phins jettison Kiko the better IMO.

The Phins need a franchise QB, an O-line, and a D-Line. They should be able to get that in the next draft, right?

Right?

(sigh)

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:18 pm

finfanatic wrote:

At any rate, I now agree with JMP; the sooner the Phins jettison Kiko the better IMO.

Kiko is a player with a non-stop motor, outstanding range, and a nose for the ball. He's like the Energizer Bunny, and he jumps out on nearly every play because he's always in motion. That's the good. The bad? He can't shed a block at all, he takes horrible angles, he's awful in coverage, and his tackling is suspect. Add it all up and you get a mediocre player at best, and a terrible player at worst. People think he's great because he's very visible and he gets a lot of tackles, but if you actually key on him you'll see a player that really isn't very good. On the rare occasion when he's actually in the right place at the right time, he is capable of making a "splash" play every now and again, which adds to the "he's great!" myth. But he misses far more than he hits, and most of his tackles occur downfield - after the opposing player has already gained big yardage. All style, no substance.

On a team with two other great LBs, you can live with a player like Kiko. But as part of a cesspool-level LB corps, he's merely the shiniest turd in the bunch - but he's still a turd.

Dude's got plenty of heart, and it's hard not to root for him - but the reality is, he's just not very good. Unfortunately, McMillan is even worse and Baker is mediocre at best. I still think Baker would be a better fit on the weak side, where Kiko plays...but playing guys out of position is what the Dolphins do best.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:44 pm

Kiko is like Bob Brudzinsky, a guy who seemed to always be around the ball, but 8-10 yards downfield. The tackle numbers are a mirage, because you get a tackle for stuffing a guy the same as tackling him 20 yards downfield.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:28 am

Kiko misreading gap assignment leading to huge gain:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqISTl8F4ue/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Kiko inexplicably pulling up to take himself out of play:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqIUBm5FfLf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:59 am

mercury22nathan wrote:Kiko misreading gap assignment leading to huge gain:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqISTl8F4ue/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Kiko inexplicably pulling up to take himself out of play:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqIUBm5FfLf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

That first play is hilarious...Alonso initiated the block himself! And he did it after the ball was already handed off to the back! WTF??? He should be trying to avoid blocks and going after the back...not running into an offensive player and basically saying "please block me out of the play!"

The second play...huh??? I don't know what he was doing. scratch

The other noticeable thing in those clips is the defensive alignment, which has been an issue since Gase took over. The DL's ultra-wide alignment does at least 4 things: it takes the DEs completely out of the play on runs up the middle, it makes it very easy for the OL to block the DL, it gives the OL plenty of space to easily pull without worrying about the DL, and it creates huge, gaping holes for the RB. If you like to run the ball, playing against this defense is a like a dream scenario.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:37 pm

exactly what I was saying only time I see a wide lineup is when LB are up on the line. it doesnt make sense to me

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:50 pm

If you're going to run that wide defense, you need excellent DTs that can clog lanes and a MLB that is a tackling machine.

We have neither.

Once again, some dipshit coach thinks scheme trumps talent.  It doesn't.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:24 pm

Degarmo wrote:........ some dipshit coach thinks scheme trumps talent.  It doesn't.

Which dipshit coach were you referring to? We had a ton of them. But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.....Croyle! oh wait thats not it......Joseph! oh shit he aint it either! I know, I know Burke!!!!!!! Hopefully with such wonderful defensive schemes Burke gets promoted to HC of the Patriots because Bellicheat retired because he cant win without Brady or Patricia.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Egad!!! That was even more awful then it was watching it real time!!!

I have never understood what Burke is doing. I have called him Tom Olividotti, but now I think I may be insulting Olivedots! Naw! Olivedots stunk too.

One more win to get to the 6 I predicted. But the defense is now playing like I thought they would all season. I doubt this team can beat anyone.

That's the current draft position?

And hope Ross makes some changes before these geniuses get the chance to draft again.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 pm

Im guessing we should go against the norm......the consensus was Philbin, then the consensus was Gase, maybe just maybe since we should do things differently we should go against the grain because nothing that flows with the grain is working.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down