Phins sign WR Brice Butler

Go down

Phins sign WR Brice Butler

Post by JMP on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:20 am

Big and fast - 6'3", 220. He's a big-time deep threat and gets separation. But - very poor hands. Butler has been in the NFL for 7 years and has never managed to hold down a starting job, so it's probably safe to say that he's a #4 at best at this stage.

If we had a QB that could throw deep and a playcaller that actually called deep pases, I'd love this signing. But - with an offense that throws mostly 3-yard passes, this seems like a bad fit. Still, a decent signing.

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Phins sign WR Brice Butler

Post by Umix10 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:07 pm

The injuries to the recieving corps is unfortunate but it poses the question of if it looks like a duck acts like a duck then.....well you know the saying. Parker has never played an entire season. A contigency plan should have already been in place. Signing Butler is fucking absurd!!!!!! The guy has no hands and has been in the league for 7 years, which tells me that they really think that he will salvage the passing game.

Promote Ford and Lewis and let them develop because they sure as hell wont get any better sitting on the practice squad. IMHO this season is over. Now is the time to get younger and younger. Promote those guys and Poach younger recievers from other practice squads. This is the best thing to do transition wise.
Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Well, good luck, kid. Last stop.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic on Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:10 pm

I agree with Umix.

This has the Tannenbaum stench of failure all over it.

I would much rather see the young guys get playing time.

Another 8-8 finish might be the goal for this group running the team, but the best interest of the team is to develop...or at least, get some playing time....on the young guys.

finfanatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down