Gase Is Desperate

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by HalCHorn on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Gase chokes away victory.

He's desperate enough to drag Tannehill back out there, and then he suddenly gets too scared to let him even TRY to get a first down at the end. No sense whatsoever to Gase's thought process. I'm genuinely starting to think he's literally insane.

Seriously, what's the difference between him and Failbin at this point? Failbin verbalized how queasy he was and Gase just showed, but didn't tell?

HalCHorn

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by scotgif on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:55 pm

This loss is SQUARLEY on gase and his insane playcalling. Not once, not twice, but THREE times did he run on 3rd and long. Unsuccessfully, of course. If you do not trust your QB, then do not put him out there. Play fucking asswiper if you are going to have him play scared, not to lose football. gase needs to go. Period.
avatar
scotgif

Posts : 409
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Sunrise, FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by DolFan 316 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:59 pm

scotgif wrote:This loss is SQUARLEY on gase and his insane playcalling. Not once, not twice, but THREE times did he run on 3rd and long. Unsuccessfully, of course. If you do not trust your QB, then do not put him out there. Play fucking asswiper if you are going to have him play scared, not to lose football. gase needs to go. Period.

I am hoping, no make that PRAYING, that the locker room turns on him and the players quit trying. Best possible scenario for us.

DolFan 316

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by Degarmo on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:21 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
scotgif wrote:This loss is SQUARLEY on gase and his insane playcalling. Not once, not twice, but THREE times did he run on 3rd and long. Unsuccessfully, of course. If you do not trust your QB, then do not put him out there. Play fucking asswiper if you are going to have him play scared, not to lose football. gase needs to go. Period.

I am hoping, no make that PRAYING, that the locker room turns on him and the players quit trying. Best possible scenario for us.

This is actually true. It's the only way to get the change going that we need. How much money do you think Ross will pay Jim Harbaugh? cherry
avatar
Degarmo

Posts : 1781
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by JMP on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:00 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Gase chokes away victory.

He's desperate enough to drag Tannehill back out there, and then he suddenly gets too scared to let him even TRY to get a first down at the end. No sense whatsoever to Gase's thought process. I'm genuinely starting to think he's literally insane.

There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to how Gase calls a game - none at all. He started the game with intermediate passes that worked great, and then went back to short passes the rest of the way. Those last 2 drives, he just gave up - why????

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by mercury22nathan on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:41 am

HalCHorn wrote:Failbin verbalized how queasy he was and Gase just showed, but didn't tell?

ah, but he did indeed tell.

“Backed up,” the coach said, explaining his thinking on third-and-10. “We were struggling in that distance to begin with. We have to make something happen on those first two downs. Third and 10 on the minus-3 or whatever it is its not going to be good.”

“It wouldn’t matter who is back there,” Gase said. “That’s a [crappy] situation to be in. It’s third-and-long, your backed up. It’s a bad situation. I’ve been in that end zone before and I watched a Hall of Fame quarterback [Peyton Manning] get sacked for a safety. In this building.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article222159045.html

so based on field position and down and distance, Gase just gave up. he had already made up his mind that, "its not going to be good" and "it wouldn’t matter," because he once saw Manning get sacked there.

mercury22nathan

Posts : 784
Join date : 2015-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by mercury22nathan on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:47 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I am hoping, no make that PRAYING, that the locker room turns on him...

looking at some of the post game quotes, it may already be happening.

“We didn’t finish,” Gore said. “S---. We’ve got to finish. That’s the key. Especially when they got a f------ guy over there that can get hot, who I respect, plays the game how it’s supposed to be played, the quarterback. Finishing, man.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article222105780.html

and even Tannehill was apparently unhappy with the final playcalling.

So he wanted to take a shot on third-and-10 with the lead and third-and-10 with the game tied. But Gase called a run each time.

“I’m a competitor and I want the ball in my hands,” Tannehill said. “I want to make that play.”

Did he consider trying to change Gase’s mind?

“It’s tough to do that when you’re standing in the middle of the field and he’s on the sideline,” Tannehill said. “My job is to execute the calls that come in and do the best I can.”

mercury22nathan

Posts : 784
Join date : 2015-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by white1 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:57 am

Christ. Even Tannehill admitting he wants to throw. Ugh.

And when we still had the ten point lead, running the ball was the right call. Oh they're coming with pressure? How about a damn screen or draw. No, instead it's incomplete passes burning no time off the clock and rushing our defense right back on the field to face Luck, TY Hilton, Ebron and all the other weapons they have.

white1

Posts : 1854
Join date : 2015-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by JMP on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:33 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
HalCHorn wrote:Failbin verbalized how queasy he was and Gase just showed, but didn't tell?

ah, but he did indeed tell.

“Backed up,” the coach said, explaining his thinking on third-and-10. “We were struggling in that distance to begin with. We have to make something happen on those first two downs. Third and 10 on the minus-3 or whatever it is its not going to be good.”

“It wouldn’t matter who is back there,” Gase said. “That’s a [crappy] situation to be in. It’s third-and-long, your backed up. It’s a bad situation. I’ve been in that end zone before and I watched a Hall of Fame quarterback [Peyton Manning] get sacked for a safety. In this building.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article222159045.html

so based on field position and down and distance, Gase just gave up.  he had already made up his mind that, "its not going to be good" and "it wouldn’t matter," because he once saw Manning get sacked there.

So essentially, Gase should have just forfeited and gone home because it was a hopeless situation. Why try to win when you know you're going to fail, right? Mad

Wow. I can't believe an NFL head coach said that. Gase is no Herm Edwards, that's for damn sure. "You play to win the game" doesn't exist in Gase's world.

Gase should be fired on the spot for admitting that he gave up.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by finfanatic on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Degarmo wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Gase chokes away victory.

He's desperate enough to drag Tannehill back out there, and then he suddenly gets too scared to let him even TRY to get a first down at the end. No sense whatsoever to Gase's thought process. I'm genuinely starting to think he might actually be insane.

I think he's just another moron.  The league is full of 'em.

Agreed. Sometimes, you just wonder, "Was the HC even WATCHING the defense suck canal water thru a crazy straw?"

I have never understood why HCs make the decision to go ultra conservative on offense when the defense has revealed itself to
be unable to stop the other team?

Is Gase feeling the pressure? Is his seat getting warm?

I never expected the Phins to do anything this season, but had they been able to sloppily get to 6-5, I would have been really impressed.

This team has problems all over. Starting at the top. Until THAT gets corrected, I do not think the on the field product is going to improve much.

finfanatic

Posts : 438
Join date : 2015-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:05 pm

I had no idea people over 40 were classified as millennials, but Gase sure does seem to think he is, judging by the way he just gives up when faced with any sort of adversity before blaming everyone and everything else. No sports team can succeed with a coach who has the same worldview as your average high school kid.

DolFan 316

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by DolFan 316 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:07 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:I am hoping, no make that PRAYING, that the locker room turns on him...

looking at some of the post game quotes, it may already be happening.

“We didn’t finish,” Gore said. “S---. We’ve got to finish. That’s the key. Especially when they got a f------ guy over there that can get hot, who I respect, plays the game how it’s supposed to be played, the quarterback. Finishing, man.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article222105780.html

and even Tannehill was apparently unhappy with the final playcalling.

So he wanted to take a shot on third-and-10 with the lead and third-and-10 with the game tied. But Gase called a run each time.

“I’m a competitor and I want the ball in my hands,” Tannehill said. “I want to make that play.”

Did he consider trying to change Gase’s mind?



“It’s tough to do that when you’re standing in the middle of the field and he’s on the sideline,” Tannehill said. “My job is to execute the calls that come in and do the best I can.”

TURN BABY TURN!!! DOLPHINS INFERNO!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


DolFan 316

Posts : 3094
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by scotgif on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:03 pm

Not calling Tannehill Brady or Marino or Rogers or Brees, BUT imagine if one of those guys HC/OC called some BS plays like those 3 third and long runs. That shit would have been audibled to a pass before you could say, don't send me some BS like this, don't you know I am going to make this play.

Tanny, being the good soldier he is just went along with the program and did what he was told. How many times do you see brady giving the OC hell on the sidelines for not putting the ball in his hands? A lot.
avatar
scotgif

Posts : 409
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Sunrise, FL.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by HalCHorn on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:45 pm

I just don't understand the mindset. This team was 5-5 going in, banged up, on the road....what, exactly, did we have to lose by staying aggressive and trying to make plays?

And where, exactly, did this team give Gase the "confidence in the D to make a stop"? Take away that crazy sequence at the end of the first half and Luck was 30 for 35 the rest of the game.

Just jaw dropping. He truly doesn't pay a lick of attention while the defense is on the field.

HalCHorn

Posts : 717
Join date : 2015-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by rightchea on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:49 pm

you should change the title to Gase dont give a ish

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2015-04-28
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by Degarmo on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Here's another one to chew on. The best head coach we've had since JJ was Tony Sparano. You can feel free to barf now.

Gase's own language has proven that he has drowned at the shallow end of the pool. Fish him out, and send him to the morgue. No reason to draw this shit out, Ross, unless you want to die known as one of the worst owners in football, ever. Is that the legacy you want?
avatar
Degarmo

Posts : 1781
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by rightchea on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Tony Sparano IMO, might have been better if there was the right people behind him. Yeah I said it.

rightchea

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2015-04-28
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by Degarmo on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:56 am

rightchea wrote:Tony Sparano IMO, might have been better if there was the right people behind him. Yeah I said it.

I also think he wasn't quite ready for that position, but, that said, if the entire thing with Parcells/Huizenga had stuck his entire tenure, it also may have been a completely different story as well.
avatar
Degarmo

Posts : 1781
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by JMP on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:48 am

For the second time this season, yesterday Gase called out his critics for "only paying attention to the results". I've NEVER heard of an NFL head coach that doesn't live and die by results. I guess he doesn't realize that winning is all that matters in this league? You don't get a pat on the back for losing.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by mercury22nathan on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:12 am

After Tannehill completed the 74 yard touchdown pass to Leonte Carroo late in the second quarter, all 10 of Tannehill’s passes in the second half were short throws.

“There’s a reason why their defense is playing well right now; they don’t give up big plays,” Gase said when asked why all of Tannehill’s second-half passes were short. “Like the one we got at the end of the half is unusual. You can’t find a whole bunch of explosive plays in the passing game. Their defense is built for you to score through the goal line. That’s kind of why we stay up here and do what we have to do because we actually know what they’re doing.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article221989345.html

so he's not even going to try to get big plays? this guy has already conceded failure before even attempting anything. and so he claims he knows what they are doing, but i guess apparently has no idea how to defeat it?

“The explosive plays — we’ve just got to eliminate those,” Gase said. “They hurt us so bad. Couple times, they had a good call against what we had called. That’s going to happen. I can live with that. But when we have good call and we don’t execute it, that’s when it’s tough. I thought [defensive coordinator] Matt [Burke] called a really good game, made it really tough on them. The way we executed the majority of the game was good. If we could eliminate those explosive plays and make teams have to drive on us, because they will eventually, as we see every week, the offense will screw it up.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article221989610.html

first, he is a complete idiot if he thinks the defense called and executed a good game against the Colts. i'm not sure how allowing 455 yards is a good.

and second, when he says, "...as we see every week, the offense will screw it up," is he talking about the opposition or his own offense?

mercury22nathan

Posts : 784
Join date : 2015-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by rightchea on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:39 am

I hope that Ross heard this as well. no matter what company you work for results is what matters.

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2015-04-28
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by JMP on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:13 am

Damn, Gase really is the king of excuses. He offers no solutions, but he sure works hard to justify his ineptitude.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by Umix10 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:00 pm

His ineptitude stems from his ego.  one of his greatest fatal flaws is that he never understood the role.  He's never embraced what he needs to be a head coach.  Case in point, the offensive and defensive things are seperated.  If no one knew anything about football, all you hear is Gase fucked up the offense and Burke fucked up the defense.

In reality they are one in the same.......Gase is the head coach not Burke.  If the defense is not playing then the HC should be questioning what's going on.  If he doesn't then things don't get better but get much worse.  It's pretty apparent that Gase is the Offensive Head Coach and Burke is the Defensive Head Coach.

Gase should be looking at the overall aspects of the team.  Not just the offense. He should oversee but mostly hands off.  This teams faults lie in the ineptitude of the Head Coach to, you know, understand that HE'S the Head Coach and not some variation.
avatar
Umix10

Posts : 457
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Waianae, Hawaii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by Degarmo on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:43 pm

I feel the same way, Umix. He's not head coach material.
avatar
Degarmo

Posts : 1781
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by JMP on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:01 pm

Degarmo wrote:
rightchea wrote:Tony Sparano IMO, might have been better if there was the right people behind him. Yeah I said it.

I also think he wasn't quite ready for that position, but, that said, if the entire thing with Parcells/Huizenga had stuck his entire tenure, it also may have been a completely different story as well.

Parcells started out as the face of the franchise...he was everywhere, talking to the coaches and players daily. At some point, he essentially bailed on the team and his main responsibility became collecting paychecks and counting money. If he had stayed interested and involved with the team, I definitely think he could have helped to groom Sparano into a good coach. Unfortunately, he basically hung Sparano out to dry and left him with no real support system. It's a shame, because I think Sparano could have been successful with more seasoning. He was definitely in over his head, and once Parcells bailed he was on his own.

JMP
Admin

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2015-04-07
Age : 46

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum