The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 14 thoughts: Dolphins at Vikings

+4
Degarmo
DolFan 316
white1
JMP
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game 14 thoughts: Dolphins at Vikings - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 14 thoughts: Dolphins at Vikings

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:10 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I can’t get 9 sacks at Walmart. The only person that’s buried deeper than Ryan Tannehill in a football stadium is Jimmy Hoffa!

Let's keep going with the joke thing Very Happy

Tannehill took more sacks than a hooker working Navy shore leave.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Game 14 thoughts: Dolphins at Vikings - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 14 thoughts: Dolphins at Vikings

Post by scotgif Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:19 pm

JMP wrote:

And when you hear things like Laremy Tunsil actually saying they were "unprepared" for what the Vikings defense did, it really makes you wonder what is happening in practice during the week.  This coaching staff really has no idea what they're doing.  I don't know that I can sit through another season of garbage football if this staff is back next season.

That's not the end of it, I heard audio today of Rashad Jones and Drake, in other words putting this loss on the coaches.

First of all, Rashad Jones  said me or I over and over again, when talking about being switched from SS to FS. ME ME ME, I I I.

Same with Drake, he brought up some bs about this being 2018, not 2017, when asked about why he only got one carry and rookie Kaylen Ballge got 12.

So, Tunsel, Jones and Drake just got themselves "Gased". You know, what happens to Dolphins that don't exactly toe the company line. See, Pouncy, Landry, Sue, Ajayi.

I give Ballage tons of credit when he was asked about the 75 yd TD run. To paraphrase, he said something to the effect of him not really wanting to talk about that play. THEY LOST THE GAME. Preach it rookie.

Yeah. Tunsel saying they were not prepared for the blitzes that came. How bout this? Block the guy in front of you. Crowder was saying that every OL knows blitz pick ups.

How bout these underachieving primadonnas  just come out and take responsibility? Yeah, something like they just totally kicked our ass. That sums it up.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Great post, scot, and it comes down to one thing: a complete lack of leadership. There is not one true leader on this team, and it shows. And when it comes to accountability, we hear Gase and Burke blame everyone else when things go poorly, so why should we expect the players to be accountable? Drake stepped up yesterday and said that players need to look in the mirror. This team needs more attitude like that. Unfortunately, it has to come from someone other than the backup RB that got 4 touches yesterday. Where's Alonso? Where's Spence? Where's Amendola? Where's McDonald? These are the guys that are supposed to be leaders, and I see nothing from them. We know where one other so-called leader stands...Jones clearly isn't happy with the coaching.

You have a coaching staff that constantly puts players in a position to fail, and you have players that clearly aren't buying what the coaches are selling. It's a mess.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:07 pm

I don't see one redeemable player on our offensive line. Those with any talent have attitudes, and those that try hard have little to no talent.

When you have a weak leader, your biggest talkers are going to talk, and it's going to be about you. None of this surprises me, it's just following the template of an imploding football team.

Ross needs to take action and not keep watching for hope. Ross need to understand what leaders of men are, and not "gurus".

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:24 pm

The problem is, and how many times have we said this through the years, is that ross has no football person that we know of that he can lean on for answers and advice. If he leans on his current "leadership", I.E. tannenbaum, greer, gase, they are just going to go in full Save My Ass mode. The finger pointing will start, one will blame the other, the other will blame the other two. The excuses will start.

I've said before, that I would lean on Don Shula, but at his advanced age, I'm not sure how connected to the current game he is. I keep saying lean on Marino. I know he has never been a GM, but I know he can see what is happening to this entire organization. I don't think he is really that involved in the football side of things, so, I don't think he is part of the problem. I know he was friend with Carl Peterson.

I know this, he can not make the decision himself. Unless he says fuck it, let's put the full court press on for Jim Harbaugh again and bring him in to either be football Czar or HC/President of Football Opps?

I know this, we can not continue the status quo. And we can not piece-meal it.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:15 am

Gase blames everybody, but the kitchen sink for the horrible run defense.

“Our money is on the edges,” Gase said. “Cam Wake does a great job setting the edge on his side. We haven’t been consistent setting the edge on the other side whoever it’s been over there [among Robert Quinn and others]. It takes a full group to stop the run. D-line can’t do it by themselves.

“Linebackers have to fit where they’re supposed to fit. Safeties have to fit where they’re supposed to fit. If we do let them get the edge, we have to tackle the corner. Nobody did anything well yesterday. Minkah [Fitzpatrick] had close to the best game out of our group but still had his mistakes. That was a great play [by Fitzpatrick] on the pick six.

“We didn’t play well enough as a group. We always want to say d-line, d-line. It takes 11 guys to play well in the run game. If they are giving up their gap — then that’s an issue there. But that’s not always the case. It’s we don’t fit something right or we miss a tackle or when we pressure, we have two guys popping their head in the same gap. That kills you. We make that mistake too much.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223057065.html

umm dude, if multiple players keep making the same mistakes about taking the wrong gaps, then maybe, just maybe, you guys ain't coaching them very well.  and other than that pick six, i am pretty sure Minkah isn't playing all that well.  not that its his fault - considering you're forcing him to corner when he's really a FS.  and speaking of that...

Reshad Jones said one reason he hasn’t made as many plays in the running game as past years is the Dolphins changed his position this year.

“They got me playing free safety this year,” he said. “For the last seven years of my career, I have been playing strong safety. They moved me so now I’m back more. I can play back. I can play up. I’m a versatile safety. I’m not really tripping.”

Does he wish Dolphins coaches hadn’t made that position switch?

“Whatever is best for this team,” he said. “I am here to play football. I can’t coach and play [simultaneously]. If you look at the film, I missed two tackles the past five weeks. I have been making my plays. The opportunity that’s been given, that’s the only thing I can go with.”

He said he won’t request a move back to strong safety and defensive coordinator Matt Burke hasn’t given him a reason why he was moved in the first place.

“If they don’t see the need to move me back [to make me] more effective, that’s on them,” Jones said.

Does he feel he could help against the run more if he were in the box more? “Of course, of course,” he said.

idiots.  put Jones at SS, you know, the position he's best at and put Fitzpatrick at FS, you know, his best position in college that led him to being drafted so high.

so Gase complains that guys aren't plying their positions well, yet he forces them to play positions that are not their best.  this team is so screwed up.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 am

Problem is Miami doesn't have anyone that good enough to fill in at DB so they have to make the right adjustments.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:41 am

rightchea wrote:Problem is Miami doesn't have anyone that good enough to fill in at DB so they have to make the right adjustments.

True, but by moving Jones to FS and playing Fitz at CB, you're actually messing up two positions. It would be much smarter to leave Jones at SS and put Fitz at FS...then you're set at safety, and you just have to worry about CB - which is already a big concern anyway. Better to be weak at one position then two, right????

And this line from Gase is interesting: “Cam Wake does a great job setting the edge on his side." Ummm...since when??? That's ALWAYS been Wake's weakest area. Maybe he's better setting the edge than Quinn, but on what planet is Wake "great" at it???

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2