The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Plus Memories From '82

5 posters

Go down

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Plus Memories From '82 Empty MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Plus Memories From '82

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:53 pm

This one's a bit near and dear to me because I visited my DolFan grandparents' house which rarely happened because they usually came to where I lived. Anyway, the Fins and Bills were facing off in what was actually a Very Important Game on Monday night, which I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch Crying or Very sad But at least I was able to read in the morning paper that they had won Very Happy Also, that was the Christmas I got the AT-AT Star Wars toy, Castle Grayskull from Masters Of The Universe, and a record of the Hobbit movie with an illustrated booklet. Quite the haul for a boy at that time Cool Anyway, here ya go...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Plus Memories From '82 Empty Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Plus Memories From '82

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:25 pm

marry Christmas to all. how about the 85 Dolphins

rightchea

Back to top Go down

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Plus Memories From '82 Empty Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Plus Memories From '82

Post by finskev Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:14 pm

Wow watching the 82 game reminds of why we lost Super Bowl 17 because the Offense was terrible.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:15 pm

Merry Christmas to Everyone.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:40 pm

Dolphins really overachieved in both 1981 and 1982, but the rushing offense in 1982 was solid: 8th in the NFL in yards per rush despite an off year from Tony Nathan.

Passing offense was below average, 19th out of 28 teams in YPP. What is often forgotten is that the rushing defense ranked dead LAST in the NFL, 28th. Gave up 4.4 yards per rush, and that is what Riggins and the Hogs exposed in the second half of the Super Bowl.

It is positively amazing that Shula and Co. almost won a Super Bowl with the worst rushing defense in the league in 1982.

We did have the best pass defense in the league, and that covered up the deficiency for a while. Opponents averaged 4.0 yards per passing play, or fewer yards per pass than per rush!

Still a thing of beauty that the Killer Bees did to Fouts and the Chargers in that rematch of the epic playoff game the year before. Also one Hell of a game from David Woodley, his last great moment in a Fins uniform:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLaKHe2jAVM

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:52 am

Merry Christmas to all my long suffering Dolphins brothers!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down