Fantasy Football - new league

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fantasy Football - new league

Post by JMP on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:40 pm

A new fantasy league has been set up: it's called Getting Defensive (DolfanCave).  Here's a link to join:

https://yho.com/nfl?l=992541&k=f8c3b1a4e67e18cf&ikey=03031665b1a55c92

This league includes 6 defensive players on the roster.  I also increased the number of bench players, and added some funky scoring opportunities.  Take a look and join!

Draft is Friday September 4 at 9:00pm Eastern.

Any questions, just let me know.

NOTE 1: This is a separate league from the one rightchea started.

NOTE 2: I'm hoping Birdmond will join, assuming he's back in the U.S. with access to electricity, running water and other mod cons.   geek

NOTE 3: I'm calling out DolFan 316 right here and now: JOIN THIS LEAGUE and show us all that you run a competitive fantasy football league without actually watching football!   king

Last edited by JMP on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

View user profile http://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fantasy Football - new league

Post by finskev on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:07 pm

I joined and I would love to see DF 316 PLAY also.

finskev

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:46 am

Still time to join...come on guys!!

Last edited by JMP on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:01 pm

I see we are at 4 people so far.

finskev

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:14 am

I can only do a live draft on Sunday's. It's my busy season right now. Working 6 days a week.

CarsonChris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Okay, after a really odd-looking auto draft, with a stellar score of D (I didn't rank any players as I thought I was going to be able to be there), I've "fixed" my team. I think it may be a long year, but we'll see.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Degarmo wrote:Okay, after a really odd-looking auto draft, with a stellar score of D (I didn't rank any players as I thought I was going to be able to be there), I've "fixed" my team.  I think it may be a long year, but we'll see.

My MISFITS III team was autodraft...and it sucked. I don't think Yahoo ranked their defensive players properly, so I ended up with pretty much all backups, most players I've never even heard of! But I made tons of changes and I'm pretty happy with that team at the moment.

I really like my "main" team, MISFITS II.

The defensive players really present a challenge, especially when bye weeks start to come into play. Should be fun!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:11 pm

I really screwed up not getting a team in the other league. I did not enjoy adding D players so I'm sitting this one out.
JEGnj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:39 am

YO - Turnover Return Yards are scoring at a POINT A YARD?

Your bro got 42 points for a return by Clay Matthews.

Looks like the scoring is poorly optimized.

Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 am

Degarmo wrote:YO - Turnover Return Yards are scoring at a POINT A YARD?

Your bro got 42 points for a return by Clay Matthews.

Looks like the scoring is poorly optimized.

I wanted a high-scoring league, and I also wanted to give the defensive players some way of getting big-point weeks like offensive players. I think all 6 teams each had at least one defensive player with double-digit points this week. A point per return yard is certainly high, but it's something that benefits every team. In retrospect, I probably should've done just half a point or even a quarter of a point, but I think it adds another dimension.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:17 pm

Cool. I thought it was an oversight. Your son got a heluva day out if Watt. Smile
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:24 am

Degarmo wrote:Cool.  I thought it was an oversight.  Your son got a heluva day out if Watt.  Smile

My son doesn't know all the players, but Watt is his favorite NFL player. I told him before the draft that he should target Watt in the 3rd round...and that if he didn't, I would! He beat me to it... LOL

But, yeah - the points for return yards really make you put thought into who to start, especially at DB. Normally in defensive leagues you might want to target safeties because they generally get more tackles than corners, but with this scoring system you might want to prioritize CBs - who generally get more INTs. Right now I like it...we'll see how it goes.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 am

Dunno why I said Watt in the last post, it was Matthews as I said earlier.  Watt is a great player for your kid to love though, great guy, great ethic, great player.

It's your league.  I just feel like putting such emphasis on return yards minimizes the rest of the players.  Is it a more impactful play to return a fumble 20 yards and pick up 22 points, or have a QB throw three tds, which is 18, plus yardage?

Eh, it's just a fantasy league.  No money, no worries.  I won't bother paying attention to it.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:51 am

We'll see how it goes this season. This is the first time I'm doing this, so we can see what works and what doesn't and then make adjustments next time.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:04 pm

UPDATE:

I had two teams in the league, and both made it to the Championship.  Needless to say, I won!    afro 

I really enjoyed having defensive players on the roster...very challenging, with a lot of difficult decisions to make during player bye weeks. 

Anyway, I know Degarmo hated the defensive scoring points I set up, but it was a lot of fun and I will do this league again next season.  I'll tweak some of the scoring, but overall I thought it worked well.  Hopefully some of you guys will join next time!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:52 pm

The only change I'd make is to the scoring. Other than that I've always loved defense in my fantasy football.
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:12 am

R O F L - JMP, you will have the destruction of the week award.  220 points for 55 return yards . . . you have got to be fucking kidding me Very Happy.  4 points per return yard, 55 yards returned.  Dude . . . next year, revise these rules.  I mean, one point per return yard would have been an extra 55 points, far eclipsing any skill player.  Having the rosters the way you have is a significant defensive thought process, but this kind of thing essentially just makes it entirely luck.  

I am so not angry, I'm actually laughing, but I'm just sayin', maybe next season balance it out Wink

Oh, and congrats on the win, my brother bounce .

EDIT: Dear lord, I was wrong. Looks like you'll be third in the beat-the-ever-living-shit-out-of-your-opponent-because-of-defensive-return-yards sweepstakes. The scores this week - hoofta!
Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:48 am

Degarmo wrote:R O F L - JMP, you will have the destruction of the week award.  220 points for 55 return yards . . . you have got to be fucking kidding me Very Happy.  4 points per return yard, 55 yards returned.  Dude . . . next year, revise these rules.  I mean, one point per return yard would have been an extra 55 points, far eclipsing any skill player.  Having the rosters the way you have is a significant defensive thought process, but this kind of thing essentially just makes it entirely luck.  

I am so not angry, I'm actually laughing, but I'm just sayin', maybe next season balance it out Wink

Oh, and congrats on the win, my brother bounce .

EDIT:  Dear lord, I was wrong.  Looks like you'll be third in the beat-the-ever-living-shit-out-of-your-opponent-because-of-defensive-return-yards sweepstakes.  The scores this week - hoofta!

Very sorry about this, but Yahoo screwed me - I set it at .25 points per return yard, but for some reason it is recording as 4 points per return yard!  I actually contacted Yahoo, but apparently you can't change the scoring rules once the season has begun.

I wanted a high-scoring league, but this is ridiculous!  Not at all what I was going for!   Embarassed

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:59 pm

I agree although I got lucky when Peters picked 2 and had like 47 Ret yards. I scored like 199.00

Umix10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:06 pm

JMP wrote:

Very sorry about this, but Yahoo screwed me - I set it at .25 points per return yard, but for some reason it is recording as 4 points per return yard!  I actually contacted Yahoo, but apparently you can't change the scoring rules once the season has begun.

I wanted a high-scoring league, but this is ridiculous!  Not at all what I was going for!   Embarassed

No problem at all, man. It shocked me when I saw the scores and I had a good laugh Smile

Degarmo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:54 pm

Yeah, it is crazy. Oh well...should make for an interesting season! LOL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content