The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So When Is This Draft Thing Already?

4 posters

Go down

So When Is This Draft Thing Already?  Empty So When Is This Draft Thing Already?

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:27 am

I need to know so I can do my usual pointing out of just how monumentally dumb each trade and pick is, and how all you guys had much better drafts.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

So When Is This Draft Thing Already?  Empty Re: So When Is This Draft Thing Already?

Post by JMP Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:06 pm

The draft is April 25 (round 1), 26 (rounds 2-3) and 27 (rounds 4-7).

I haven't even had a chance to do a mock yet...have to get on it soon!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

So When Is This Draft Thing Already?  Empty Re: So When Is This Draft Thing Already?

Post by Degarmo Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:18 pm

I'll be mocking the draft myself, probably with a drink in one hand and the remote in the other. I'm going to miss Mike Mayock though.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:04 pm

Absolutely no reason for the NFL not to hold the draft at least 2 weeks sooner. The NBA playoffs are no excuse since they're still going on (and will be for what seems like another 3 months). No other reason as far as other sports are concerned to push it back, and since when has the NFL ever been concerned about what other sports are doing anyway? Every team's long done all their homework at this point. I guess it's just vitally important to give everybody an extra 2 weeks to try and trick all the other teams with obvious smokescreens Rolling Eyes

It's hard for me to fathom that there was actually a time when the NFL draft was held in February. FEBRUARY!!! With a lot more rounds, too. If the NFL manages to last another 10 years the draft might be moved back to July at this rate.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:02 pm

Yeah, I agree.

Moving the draft later gave time for all these draft gurus to sell their sheets and draft guides, but I think having the draft earlier would help some teams.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:34 am

It also gives the NFL Network something to talk about for a couple more months, because we all know you can really tell talent by deeply discussing 40 times by guys not wearing any pads for a game where they wear pads and helmets. If a lineman bench presses 225 pounds several times in succession, you can be sure he understands blocking schemes.

The Indy combine is an excuse for NFL execs to get together and cheat on their wives.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm actually looking forward to the draft. Not because I think anything good will happen Fins-wise, not because I'll actually watch any of it, but just so I can get the experience over and done with. In other words, I'm treating the draft like a prostate exam.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:41 pm

I love the draft. I still MUCH prefer the old Saturday-Sunday format, but I can't get enough of it.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:12 pm

The draft is fun. It's too long now though. Two days was plenty.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down