The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jets fire their GM...Gase is the interim GM for now!!!

+3
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
JMP
7 posters

Go down

Jets fire their GM...Gase is the interim GM for now!!! Empty Jets fire their GM...Gase is the interim GM for now!!!

Post by JMP Wed May 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Oh, man, I can't stop laughing! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So the Jets fired their GM right after he spent over $120 million on free agents this offseason, and one of the main reasons is that Gase didn't want Le'Veon Bell or CJ Mosely! Man, what a shitshow that is going to be. Bell is never happy to begin with...think he'll be happy playing for a coach that didn't want him??? Dolfans all know that Gase can't get along with big personalities...the Jets are finding that out now. This is going to be so awesome to watch! I hope they lose the first couple of games...things will get ugly REAL fast!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

https://nypost.com/2019/05/15/jets-shotgun-marriage-blew-up-and-theyre-back-to-nfl-laughingstock/

Steve Serby wrote:There was all this smoke, and on Wednesday, there was the fire raging inside the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center.

Fire Mike Maccagnan NOW?

After he helped Christopher Johnson conduct the head-coaching search that led to Adam Gase?

After he shopped for over $120 million in free-agent groceries Le’Veon Bell and C.J. Mosley and Jamison Crowder and traded for Kelechi Osemele? And drafted Quinnen Williams with the third overall pick?

And fire his loyal right-hand man, Brian Heimerdinger, along with him while you’re at it?

One more time, a ButtFumble from your New York Jets.

Your New York Jets, who kept Rex Ryan when they fired then-GM Mike Tannenbaum, which led to the dysfunctional pairing of Ryan and then-GM John Idzik, which led to the four years of Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan.

Maccagnan, who was by no means perfect, got to stay when Bowles was let go mostly because of his maneuvering to land Sam Darnold with the third pick of the 2018 NFL draft.

Another shotgun marriage that blew up in the organization’s face.

Gase is the acting GM while speculation swirls around Eagles VP of Player Personnel Joe Douglas as Maccagnan’s replacement.

Bottom line: Gase better win. It is his show, he is the football power broker.

That laughter you might hear in the distance belongs to Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

J-E-T-S … Just End The Stupidity.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jets fire their GM...Gase is the interim GM for now!!! Empty Re: Jets fire their GM...Gase is the interim GM for now!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Wed May 15, 2019 2:33 pm

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Then again maybe, just maybe, this is all part of Gase's master plan of playing the long game by making the jets so bad that they suck even worse than the Fins, beat them out for draft position, and snatch Tua out from under Miami's nose  pale

Nah, he's nowhere near that smart  Laughing

BTW a big thank you for starting a new thread here. Even I was getting tired of always having to look at the 'This Is Why" thread--and I started it!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Jets fire their GM...Gase is the interim GM for now!!! Empty Re: Jets fire their GM...Gase is the interim GM for now!!!

Post by HalCHorn Wed May 15, 2019 9:03 pm

It's about like hearing that one of our biggest rivals hired Wanny to be the head coach and GM with full personnel control.

Oh Hell, who am I kidding? It's EXACTLY like that.

With one exception, in this case the coach was given a solid QB prospect.

Looks like the Bills are the best bet to challenge the Pats this year, but the future IMO looks a Hell of lot brighter in Miami than it does in NY.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed May 15, 2019 11:41 pm

The AFC East, keeping the New England Patriots in the playoffs since <insert date I don't feel like looking up here>.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu May 16, 2019 9:57 am

Well Gase has three years HC experience in Miami, why NOT give him full, total control over football operations? Let him hire the GM great idea! What could go wrong? cherry

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 pm

This story gets stranger and stranger as more info comes out.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-jets-behind-
scenes-adam-gase-mike-maccagnan-20190517-wnaoganfijefdi452rtuxb4tsa-story.html

The signs were all there in the run-up to – and during – the draft. Gase was understandably angry at the whole damn process. (More on that later.)

So Gase strategically distanced himself by first locating the war room camera. He had a seat next to Johnson that would have been in the view of the camera.

“He literally took his seat and moved it (out of camera view),” said a current team employee that was in the war room. “That was extreme.”

Gase wanted to wash his hands of the draft before it even began, according to sources. Eyewitnesses told the Daily News that he was oddly detached for all three days. This was a Maccagnan Production through and through. Gase stayed out of the way, rarely giving input on trade possibilities or prospects when the Jets were on the clock. There was no point that Gase ever fought for or objected to any of Maccagnan’s picks.

The sentiment among people in the room: This was awkward.

The dynamic between Maccagnan and Gase during the team’s pre-draft meetings was odd. Gase badly wanted to share his opinions on what types of players he was looking for in his system during these organizational discussions, but remained quiet, according to sources. Maccagnan didn’t ask the coach to share his evaluations during those sessions.

The reason? The general manager didn’t want Gase to adversely influence his scouts’ evaluations, according to sources.

It was a curious approach that understandably angered Gase, who simply wanted to provide more information and depth on player prototypes that made sense for his schemes so that he would be on the same page with the guys who had spent the past year or so studying college players.

“It pissed Adam off,” a team source said. “Mike didn’t want him to speak up too much. It’s a weird philosophy.”

Gase shared his thoughts on players to Maccagnan in smaller meetings, but the notion that scouts, by and large, were kept in the dark about how the head coach felt about draft prospects should have ticked him off.

Maccagnan, who had the same philosophy with Todd Bowles, was bent on not having the scouts swayed by the head coach. It was a counterproductive approach that only served to alienate Gase, who expressed his frustrations in myriad ways to many people in league circles.

Gase, already unhappy with some of Maccagnan and Johnson’s decisions in free agency (the Le’Veon Bell acquisition was driven by ownership), had strategically detached himself from the draft by the time the Jets were on the clock with the third pick.

Johnson was witness to the odd draft proceedings, but tried to keep an optimistic outlook on this arrangement. In fact, he privately told people on One Jets Drive that rumors of Maccagnan’s impending ouster were simply untrue. The GM was oblivious to his firing… until he was fired.

Gase had a small window to seize control. If the Jets were in the playoff conversation in 2019, he’d be tied to a general manager that he quickly learned was not a good fit for him. If the Jets stunk up the joint this season, he’d lose the juice that he has with the owner right now.

Gase’s annoyance and irritation over certain issues were warranted. He felt his voice carried little weight on certain important matters. So, he did what he felt he had to do.

He strategically ingratiated himself with Johnson, who was looking for a strong communicator on the football side of the organization.

Was it right? Does it matter if it wasn’t?

The bottom-line reality: Gase won the offseason.

He will effectively hand pick the next general manager (with Johnson’s approval). How will this impact the rest of the football operations on One Jets Drive? Will there be much more upheaval?

“I don’t think he wants to screw a lot of people over,” one Jets employee said of Gase. “Because he feels like he already kind of did that.”

Damn, talk about "dysfunctional". What an absolute clusterfuck. So glad we dumped that weasel Gase...he's an immature, power-hungry lunatic.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 20, 2019 5:02 pm

affraid affraid affraid pale pale pale

My biggest fear is that the Jets sweep the Fins and still manage to have a worse record, meaning they'd be in position to block the Fins from getting a franchise QB by allowing another team to trade ahead of them. That to me is the worst-Gase--I mean case scenario. There's absolutely no question they're going to suck. It's just a matter of whether they have one win or three.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon May 20, 2019 5:11 pm

My biggest fear is that the Jets sweep the Fins and still manage to have a worse record, meaning they'd be in position to block the Fins from getting a franchise QB by allowing another team to trade ahead of them. That to me is the worst-Gase--I mean case scenario. There's absolutely no question they're going to suck. It's just a matter of whether they have one win or three.

I wouldn't go that far.

One thing Gase proved in Miami is he can win a few games, hell he took our awful squad three years ago and actually made the playoffs. He definitely has more talent to work with in NY, and Darnold is probably already better than Tannehill.

He's get several advantages in NY:
- Sam Darnold. If he continues to develop, a good/very good QB can cover up a lot of problems on offense.
- LeVeon Bell. Great weapon on offense, takes some pressure off the young QB with both the running game and as a safety valve catching the ball.
- Gregg Williams. If Gase had a better DC with us, his teams become much better. Williams is worlds better than what he had to deal with in Miami. Williams will serve as essentially head coach of the defense, and unlike the guys we had, he is actually qualified to fill that role.

Is the team going to be a toxic mess? Sure. But I'd say they have an even shot at getting to 7 wins, and could surprise if the ball bounces their way in a couple close games.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue May 21, 2019 3:51 pm

I respectfully disagree. Gase has the look of a one and doner. He's an obvious megalomaniac who as you alluded to somehow won far more games than he should have in Miami by sheer luck. That luck cannot continue forever, and this seems like the perfect time for it to run out. Bell is a locker room cancer who will shut down the moment things get even a little rough (and already shows signs of doing so). Darnold's a turnover machine who couldn't even beat last year's Fins, but now he's the next superstar? Sorry, not buying it. And you're not going to win 7 games in this league by scores of 16-13, 13-10 every time. This is going to be a repeat of '95 or '96 for the Jets, mark my words.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Tue May 21, 2019 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue May 21, 2019 8:57 pm

Cocaine makes one very self assured and confident, not to mention paranoid and delusional.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed May 22, 2019 1:58 pm

You raise good points, DF. But I still see the Jets winning games and potentially surprising, here are my thoughts on what you wrote:

I respectfully disagree. Gase has the look of a one and doner. He's an obvious megalomaniac who as you alluded to somehow won far more games than he should have in Miami by sheer luck. That luck cannot continue forever, and this seems like the perfect time for it to run out.

What you say here is true. However, as odd as Gase is, what we saw in Miami is what I think we will see this year. For Year One, it seems as if players buy in and play hard. His crazy play calling actually catches people off guard, and the offense works in fits and spurts. Plus, his defense this year will be MUCH BETTER than it ever was in Miami, and that alone will save him more than a few times. One and done would be hilarious, and don't get me wrong I'd love to see it. My money would be on a 3 year term, with Gase losing the team some time in year 2, making wholesale roster changes, and then flaming out in year 3.

Bell is a locker room cancer who will shut down the moment things get even a little rough (and already shows signs of doing so).

I really think the Bell situation was driven by money and the Steelers playing hardball with arguably their best player on offense, and the key to all they do in their attack. Bell got paid. He's odd and Gase is odd, it's possible they will hit it off. On balance, he is a superior talent, and will only help the team. Expectations are measured this year, so there really should be no pressure (unlike say, the Browns). I can't see a few losses catching anyone by surprise.

Darnold's a turnover machine who couldn't even beat last year's Fins, but now he's the next superstar? Sorry, not buying it. And you're not going to win 7 games in this league by scores of 16-13, 13-10 every time. This is going to be a repeat of '95 or '96 for the Jets, mark my words.

If you look at Darnold's last 4-5 games he showed some signs of turning the corner. Cut way down on the INTs, and scored touchdowns. Plus, he had no support from his defense and very little from his running game, two areas I expect the team to really improve this season. Again, it's highly possible he will be a bust, and that would be ideal, but I'm not betting on it. I hope it is true, but part of me believes they have a legitimate starting QB on their hands, which sucks for us. But it will give Gase some time to work.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed May 22, 2019 9:06 pm

"Bell got paid. He's odd and Gase is odd, it's possible they will hit it off."

True enough, but Gase doesn't exactly have a history of hitting it off with star RB's with an ego of their own. Quite the opposite. If he traded Ajayi.....

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu May 23, 2019 8:58 am

True enough, but Gase doesn't exactly have a history of hitting it off with star RB's with an ego of their own. Quite the opposite. If he traded Ajayi.....

Excellent point.

Here's the thing. Ajayi was aspiring to be a star, and was playing on a cheap contract. Bell doesn't need to prove anything to anyone, and he's already got his moeny. All he needs to do is perform. Two different scenarios IMO.

Now, if Bell starts bitching he doesn't get the ball enough, that will turn Gase sour. But why would he? His goal at this point in his career should be winning games, and preserving his health. 30 touches a game won't do that for him, in other words less is more.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu May 30, 2019 9:14 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/intensity-crazy-gase-williams-trickles-jets-players-212128214--nfl.html

...defensive end Leonard Williams said Wednesday. ''Adam Gase is a crazy offensive coordinator and Gregg (Williams) is obviously a crazy D-coordinator.''

i wonder if Leonard actually realizes that Gase is his head coach?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 31, 2019 2:08 pm

I keep saying it, but it is something to watch: if the Jets lose a few consecutive games at any point this season, look out...that thing could explode and get ugly real quick. The Gase/Williams relationship has the potential to blow up at any minute, and both of those guys have had issues with players in the past as well. Just needs a spark and....BOOM!!! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:36 pm

So what happens to the team if they loss their GM/coach for horrible reason. How do you explain to your fans that there is no coach nor GM for the team mid season.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:44 pm

Well Gase seems to be right on par with what I expected.

He’s on pace to turning LeVeon Bell into just another guy, plays the Bills, who suffer two picks one is a pick 6, yet they lose the game.

Well done. I’m sure Gregg Williams will take this in stride, he’s not a hot head or anything...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Yeah, the Jets forced 4 turnovers...and their offense only scored 10 points. Typical Gase game.

As I've said all along, if they go on a losing streak that team is going to implode. Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:49 am

If the Bills had had the good sense to have my FAU man Singletary out there before the middle of the third quarter they never would have fallen behind 16 points. Smile

Williams has to be smiling with what is going on in Cleveland since they bypassed him for Kitchens, though.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down