The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone have any gameday rituals??

+3
DolFan 316
Triumph
JMP
7 posters

Go down

Anyone have any gameday rituals?? Empty Anyone have any gameday rituals??

Post by JMP Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:31 am

I watch the games at home these days. Beer (type varies week to week), pretzels (Utz Extra Dark Specials, of course) and peanuts are mandatory for me. Other food and snacks vary. But I can't eat "real" food while the Phins are playing...only non-distracting snacks. Real food is reserved for halftime.

Gotta have my Chinese knock-off Tannehill jersey on, with my Tannehill t-shirt underneath, and my gameday cap (currently, an aqua "47" style - nice and simple).

I have my iPod player hooked up in a corner of the room, with the Dolphins fight song cued up for TDs.

And that's about it for me...nothing too crazy, but it all has to be in place before kickoff.

How about you guys...any rituals you observe when watching the Phins?

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anyone have any gameday rituals?? Empty Re: Anyone have any gameday rituals??

Post by Triumph Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Can we be funny here? I am new here and do not know what is ok. I would make some Triumph like jokes at your expense in good fun but some people can take a joke and others are pussies I mean cannot. Ha!

I do not have many rituals beyond drinking beer and screaming at the tv when Miami does something stupid. Then drink more beer. Does that count? Staying home is cheaper and more comfortable but then I can get dragged into doing family crap especially if Miami is losing. I really like 4 Oclock games best. bbq with buddies, get a buzz going, then go to bar to catch game. 1 is to early and night games do not mix with work.
Triumph
Triumph

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Triumph wrote:Can we be funny here? I am new here and do not know what is ok. I would make some Triumph like jokes at your expense in good fun but some people can take a joke and others are pussies I mean cannot. Ha!

LOL Everything is OK here! Well, "personal attacks" (often in the eye of the beholder) are of course something we'd all like to avoid, but I'm "in charge" here and I don't want to get into petty bullshit fights or banning or stuff like that...I think we're all adults and can use our best judgment. And, I'm also fine with "Rated R" language...I'm from New York - I don't give a fuck about cursing! LOL So, yeah, just do what you do and we'll see how it goes!

And - go ahead and make jokes at my expense...I can take it. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere with "Chinese knock-off Tannehill jersey"! lol! (The real joke, if you know how critical I've been of Tannehill over the past 3 years, is that I actually do own a Tannehill jersey and t-shirt!)

Triumph wrote:I do not have many rituals beyond drinking beer and screaming at the tv when Miami does something stupid. Then drink more beer. Does that count?

Of course it counts! Sounds like a typical Sunday for a Dolfan, especially the screaming at the TV part.

I used to LOVE watching games at the bar in the 90's - so much fun! But those days are behind me...gets too expensive, and arguing with a sea of Jets fans has lost it's appeal. Also, having to watch my alcohol intake so I don't have to worry about driving home drunk sucks!

My wife and kids are totally cool with me staying home and doing my thing, and most weeks my brother and/or a friend or two come by as well, so it's all good.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:41 pm

Well I was going to say when I read your rituals I smell something. Do you know what I smell? It is not the smell of a guy who is going to get laid if his wife sees these rituals. Special pretzels not one but two Miami shirts and the death blow an ipod to play the fight song? Ipod? What did your 8 track player break? Who uses an ipod anymore? Oh my god I wish I could videotape roasting you in person over this i would get a million YouTube views. Tell me I am not right about getting laid though.

This ok? Too much? Just trying to be funny.

Passmaster is the man. Joke there is you have Chinese rather than real deal.

I wonder if anyone else will share their rituals.
Triumph
Triumph

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Triumph wrote:Well I was going to say when I read your rituals I smell something. Do you know what I smell? It is not the smell of a guy who is going to get laid if his wife sees these rituals. Special pretzels not one but two Miami shirts and the death blow an ipod to play the fight song? Ipod? What did your 8 track player break? Who uses an ipod anymore? Oh my god I wish I could videotape roasting you in person over this i would get a million YouTube views. Tell me I am not right about getting laid though.

lol! That's funny stuff! Here's my deal:

--I am obsessed with pretzels...I freely admit it.
--I'm not a luddite, but I am admittedly technologically stunted. I don't even own a smart phone...just an old fliptop. An iPod is high tech for me. But, I listen to music constantly...mostly metal and punk/hardcore. Most of the time I listen to vinyl, cassettes or CDs...my iPod is rarely used. The genres of music I listen to are very much still rooted in physical releases, so I still regularly buy music in those formats. I did have 8-tracks when I was a kid, but I've moved on. Wink
--My wife and I have been together since 1990, and after all these years I can very happily say that there are no problems in the bedroom! king

Triumph wrote:This ok? Too much? Just trying to be funny.

Perfectly OK and pretty damn funny.

Triumph wrote:Passmaster is the man. Joke there is you have Chinese rather than real deal.

The prices of legit NFL jerseys (even the replicas) make me cringe, so I went cheap. I'm happy with it...it's not perfect but it gets the job done.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:08 pm

I used to draw a pentagram on the floor in the blood of virgins, but eventually parents started complaining. It turns out they get upset when you sacrifice their 12-year old daughters (couldn't find any older virgins) to Cthulhu. Who knew?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Ok the smell just became overpowering. 316 and pentagrams. I thought I was confused by the Oathkeepers and Kim Davis. I am out of my league here.

Jmp no smartphone holy shit. I do not know what to say. Other than you are saving a buttload of money and can afford a legit jersey. The music thing is pretty cool. And props for taking the joke. Respect.
Triumph
Triumph

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:11 pm

Yeah starting the GAME DAY THREAD.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Triumph wrote:Ok the smell just became overpowering.  316 and pentagrams.  I thought I was confused by the Oathkeepers and Kim Davis. I am out of my league here.

Yes you are. But that's not the reason  Wink  

Jmp no smartphone holy shit.  I do not know what to say. Other than you are saving a buttload of money and can afford a legit jersey.  The music thing is pretty cool.  And props for taking the joke.  Respect.

I have a confession to make--I don't have one either. I sit in front of a PC day and night, the way I figure it, what do I need a smartphone for? The last thing I want to do when I leave the house is be on the internet. My sister and mom basically forced a tablet on me at Christmas and I hardly ever use that. And I'm a diehard anti-texter. Hey, *someone* has to be, dammit.

JEGnj wrote:Yeah starting the GAME DAY THREAD.

You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit in the wind, you don't start a land war in Asia and you DAMN sure don't step on JEGnj's toes by starting a game day thread Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:07 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I used to draw a pentagram on the floor in the blood of virgins, but eventually parents started complaining. It turns out they get upset when you sacrifice their 12-year old daughters (couldn't find any older virgins) to Cthulhu. Who knew?

I am a Lovecraft fanatic, so any reference to the Great Cthulhu is a fucking win!!!

That said, win of the day goes to...

JEGnj wrote:Yeah starting the GAME DAY THREAD.

And, this board is now official.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:52 am

Triumph wrote:Jmp no smartphone holy shit.  I do not know what to say. Other than you are saving a buttload of money and can afford a legit jersey.  

Well, I am saving money on the phone...but I live in one of the highest cost of living areas in the U.S. (Long Island), have two kids, a mortgage, a love of craft beer and an obsessive music-buying habit...I have to cut corners somewhere! So, the Chinese Tannehill jersey will have to suffice for now. farao

(BTW - the emoticons on this board are so strange...I have no idea what an Egyptian pharaoh is supposed to signify, but it is pretty cool...makes me think of Iron Maiden's Powerslave album, which is always a good thing...)

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:39 am

i used to get all decked out in my aqua and orange clown suit - i mean Phins' gear. and i would position my Phins mini helmet on top of the TV. i even had Miami socks and boxer shorts. but i stopped years ago. the Jags playoff blowout was the final nail in the coffin. i still watch the games religiously, but a lot of the hype has subsided. i really want to get excited, but the years of futility are holding me back - and watching the Pats passing game last night made me really think that the Phins are still so far away. i'll probably make a platter of chili cheese nachos and pop a few PBRs. i am so hoping the Phins give me something to cheer about - if not for the season, at least on this Sunday against a hapless Skins team.

Since we're talking about Jersey music, the Phins make me feel a little like that Smithereens song when i watch them... "i get the blues before and after..."

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:10 am

mercury22nathan wrote:i used to get all decked out in my aqua and orange clown suit - i mean Phins' gear.  and i would position my Phins mini helmet on top of the TV.  i even had Miami socks and boxer shorts.  but i stopped years ago.  the Jags playoff blowout was the final nail in the coffin.  i still watch the games religiously, but a lot of the hype has subsided.  i really want to get excited, but the years of futility are holding me back - and watching the Pats passing game last night made me really think that the Phins are still so far away.  i'll probably make a platter of chili cheese nachos and pop a few PBRs.  i am so hoping the Phins give me something to cheer about - if not for the season, at least on this Sunday against a hapless Skins team.

Since we're talking about Jersey music, the Phins make me feel a little like that Smithereens song when i watch them...  "i get the blues before and after..."

Yeah, rooting for this team has gotten very difficult. I definitely don't have the passion I used to, where a win would put me on 'cloud 9' and a loss would devastate me for an entire week. I miss the days when I just expected the Phins to win every week and make the playoffs every year. Part of it is that this team has been so damn boring the past several years...even when they win, it usually somehow feels like a loss. Hopefully Suh will help change the culture, but he didn't help Detroit much and I'm not sure anything will really change till Philbin is gone. This team needs a real identity.

And - The Smithereens are awesome, and that is definitely a great description of being a modern-day Dolfan.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:56 pm

I actually have a Flip phone too. I use to do the Sit on one side of the Couch for Offense and other side for defense, Than I noticed that I was sitting on the defense side way to much over the years and quit it.

Now the one I do now is walk back and forth in front of TV during the 4th quarter when we need a Big Play.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:53 pm

finskev wrote: I use to do the Sit on one side of the Couch for Offense and other side for defense, Than I noticed that I was sitting on the defense side way to much over the years and quit it.

LOL that's hilarious!

finskev wrote:Now the one I do now is walk back and forth in front of TV during the 4th quarter when we need a Big Play.

Oh yeah, I definitely do that too.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:22 pm

I try to keep from watching but I'm always drawn to it. It's like a moth to a flame. This looks like another unfulfilled season

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down