The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess the Patriots didn't get the message about the Phins winning the East

4 posters

Go down

I guess the Patriots didn't get the message about the Phins winning the East Empty I guess the Patriots didn't get the message about the Phins winning the East

Post by JMP Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:57 pm

Damn, the Pats impressed me tonight. Brady was in midseason form, and it sure helped that his OL was stellar and RB Dion Lewis kicked ass. That Patriot defense is loaded with young talent...if those guys develop, look out. Tonight, they did the typical Belichick 'bend but don't break' routine...which I generally hate, but it always seems to work for New England. This is not a team that looks ready to fall anytime soon.

The Steelers' D may be pretty good by year's end, but they look lost right now. Between a new system and so many young players, they have a long way to go - but I think the talent is there. DeAngelo Williams looked fantastic as a runner tonight, but they REALLY missed Bell in the passing game.

Looks like the AFC East still goes through New England...as I suspected.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I guess the Patriots didn't get the message about the Phins winning the East Empty Re: I guess the Patriots didn't get the message about the Phins winning the East

Post by JMP Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:20 am

Omar Kelly with a great tweet tonight:

You know what makes the Patriots offense special? When they need to put a game away with a TD drive, or run a 4-minute offense....THEY DO!

So true...and that's EXACTLY what the Phins' offense needs to learn how to do.

Last edited by JMP on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

I guess the Patriots didn't get the message about the Phins winning the East Empty Re: I guess the Patriots didn't get the message about the Phins winning the East

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:42 am

i get the fact that Gronk is gonna get his in the redzone, but how many quick passes to Edelman can Brady throw uncontested before someone decides to cover him? will the Phins' secondary fare any better? that was depressing.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:54 am

mercury22nathan wrote:i get the fact that Gronk is gonna get his in the redzone, but how many quick passes to Edelman can Brady throw uncontested before someone decides to cover him?  will the Phins' secondary fare any better?  that was depressing.

There's two things that I find strange every time I watch the Patriots: Gronk is always open, and Edelman is always open. It just seems impossible that no team in the league can cover either player, when those two guys are essentially their entire passing offense.

Against the Phins' LB corps, I think Gronk and Edelman will just do more of the same.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:35 pm

You'd think by watching tape *somebody* would catch on to the routes Edelman runs, and have a defender beat him to the spot. because that's all he's doing is running to a spot. So I don't get it either.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:49 pm

The teams the Patriots have problems with are the ones that can cover well and force Brady to stand in the pocket longer than 3 seconds.

Pittsburgh's defense looked terrible last night. They were disorganized, shitty tacklers, terrible in coverage, confused, and generally bad. They miss Lebeau big time already. They're in for a long season.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:56 am

Degarmo wrote:The teams the Patriots have problems with are the ones that can cover well and force Brady to stand in the pocket longer than 3 seconds.

Pittsburgh's defense looked terrible last night.  They were disorganized, shitty tacklers, terrible in coverage, confused, and generally bad.  They miss Lebeau big time already.  They're in for a long season.

I don't know if it's so much missing Lebeau. That's certainly part of it, but new DC Keith Butler coached under Lebeau for about 12 years...it should be a fairly smooth transition. You've got to factor in the youth movement...that is a VERY young D. Plus, they now play more 4-3 than 3-4, which is a huge reversal. As I said, I think they have the talent - it's just going to take time. Their offense will keep them in the hunt, and by midseason I think the D will have made major strides. Should be an interesting team to watch.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:12 pm

I guarantee you half the Pats team was together watching the Fins game and Laughing at them.

The other half was with Belichick concocting new ways to cheat.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down